• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 11:22 PM

A Brochure for a VoIP Services, I'm not sure if the text colors is appealing good for such brochures, but they like it anyway :p

Posted Image

Any Feedback or comments are appreciate it =)

Regards,

#2 RoT

RoT

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 10:51 AM

Hi GoldenZ

As a whole the brochure is "overcrowded". It doesn't have any "white space" in order to "breathe" and to be easy read and understood by the people. You have too many objects, different alignments and no particular accent. You've also mixed.. lets say several styles. You have some things designed with "shiny" style, like the bottom of the background, the bullet points, and then you have thongs like the "Volume Discounts.." and the elements of the bottom of the flyer.

So as a whole - give it some white space, realign the elements (you can make a grind and align by it) and keep it in one style.

I hope I've been helpful.
The best design decisions are simple, because they don't contain elements that are not necessary... and contain the necessary elements in a way that looks logical...

#3 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:04 PM

Thanks RoT for your Comment, I think i'm having a problem with arranging the text on the layout, as i'm tied with a lot of paragraphs cannot delete any. Giving a white Space means decrease the Small fonts, which will not be readable enough, I don't know its really bothering me when you have a lot of data to fit in the design. However i like the part "grind and align by it) and keep it in one style. that sounds good xD

Thanks again for your professional review :)

-Amr

#4 KHDZN

KHDZN

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 395 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:05 PM

That's the tough part when designing—trying to keep it visually appealing while cramming everything into a limited space. And of course your client will just want to add more and more info! :)

At a glance, I think the information is well organized and readable. That is key—this is a marketing tool. If I were looking for that product/service, this brochure would catch my attention.

BTW, I'm not crazy about the colors but that could just be my monitor. I would brighten it up a bit.

#5 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:33 PM

Thanks a lot KHDZN appreciate your professional feedback, I'm satisfied of this design except the dark on the header, maybe thats how Rot Felt from the beginning, but its not that overcrowded lol come'n

-Amr

#6 marzac2

marzac2

• Designer
  • 66 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 04:30 AM

I don't think it's overcrowded at all. Just right in fact. It just seems that way to the eye because there are a lot of shades of black going on. I would eliminate some black elements in place of a grey tone. I think it would soften it up and also bring the different information together. By that I mean any black text shown on the blue background and the black border at the bottom. I feel like it would balance out better.

Nice work!

#7 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

I really like the bottom two-thirds of the page, anything above the 2 boxes feels a bit forced and muddy... too many logos, too many different colors, a floating phone... and is that a person's head in the background?

If you could make the top portion match the bottom 2/3rds I think it would be great! But, you know the bottom line is whether the customer is happy, if they are, then you've done your job!

thanks for posting!
:) Brandy

#8 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:37 AM

It began with a trial version, then 2nd then a 3rd via Client Request for modification, Although you begin to getting bored and the deadline is killing you, and you find your self want to end it as soon as possible, then you begin to agree of anything the client says, till you make him Happy xD briefly our designs doesn't belong to us but the client him self :p

However I agree with the footer part THE paragraph below the 2 boxes need be shown better also the Credit Plans need to be more clear and organized.

Thanks for your feedback appreciate it xD

-Amr

#9 johnsmith12709

johnsmith12709

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

I am new to this forum so can you explain about the designing process>
Thanks in advance.........

#10 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

I am new to this forum so can you explain about the designing process>
Thanks in advance.........

Hello John :)

You're confusing me lol, Do you mean 'New on Design Firm?" or You don't know what to do in here? Because you asked to Learn about the Design Process And this Thread is about Showing Finished work case, So I was expected from you to give me a feedback :) however My suggestion for you is to check out Inspiring Designs Category Tho- it will be useful for you.

I'm Not sure if i replied your question as you mentioned. If you need to ask about how i did the design Just let me know. I don't want to be off thread.

Regards,
-Amr

#11 crabios

crabios

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:11 AM

Hi GoldenZ,

I refer you to help give solution here
I think you often do this work

Thanks

#12 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

Thanks Posspoint for the referral. OMG that was a 2 years ago thread.. lol Time running so fast damt! haha!

#13 crabios

crabios

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi GoldenZ,

yep I know that,
I searched with word "brochure" in this forum, and found your thread. :)
I think you have the experience in making a brochure, so chances are you can help to provide a solution to create brochure :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users