• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#21 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:34 PM

Wow - ok lets jump in here. Sorry I had to work all day.

Now, its not that I can not take a joke - I know you were just joking and it was slightly funny for insiders, but remember this letter is to be sent out to 1000+ people. I do not want all those people thinking I am someone who is willing to be walked on all over, and who can't design worth anything. Thats what it sounds like to someone who may not know me....

As far as the newsletter goes - yes it was good, but I think instead of having a tantrum about our critiques, you should modify it and have it sent out. Heres a tip:
Don't mention any individual in your writing. Refer to the site and the contests only, unless you are writing a designer showcase or something. Again, not all members will know me or resurepus or any of the staff - so to write a joke or comment about us is just innapropriate.

Enough said? Please don't have a fit when someone critiques your work.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#22 RussellClow

RussellClow

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 68 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 12:13 PM

Heres a tip: Why dont you do something for an hour, and see how u like it when everybody says its a load of rubbish.
At the end of the day, the critisim could have been a bit more constructed, all you guys made me want to just scrap the whole thing, which is what ive done. In fact, it made me want to leave this place completly...You all started to sound like Designoutpost. Maybe i went a bit over the top, maybe i didnt. Whatever the case, im not helping with this now, simply because the whole community just slated what i did as if it was worthless, not one post said, man thats really good, BUT, how about changing this to that.

Enough said? I thought so.
RTC PRODUCTIONS - Web Design at its Best!

#23 Shyflower

Shyflower

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 01:21 PM

I am going to close this thread. I think Penguin's last message put the problem in a nutshell.

In my opinion, Russell wrote a newsletter where he made a couple of mistakes. Maybe he should have sent it privately to an administrator for review before posting it, but he didn't. So, all in all, what's done is done.

At least he tried which is more than any of the rest of us did (including me!). So let's put this behind us and keep trying!

If anyone has a problem that they want resolved with this thread please pm me or an administrator. If anyone wants to offer Constructive Criticism to Russell, please pm him.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users