• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 02:39 AM

Hey all! Was playing around and got this idea for a typeface... still kinda rough (especially some of the capitals) And was wondering what you all thought?

Edited by Rockhart, 09 June 2010 - 08:42 PM.

#2 tsmith

tsmith

• Designer
  • 126 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 04:42 AM

Very unique. However, I am having trouble finding a situation I could use it effectively. Nonetheless, I am always a fan of creative ideas. Good work.

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 05:57 PM

some of the letters are a bit difficult to read but overall I like it. The u and v look tooo much like one another though.. not sure how to fix that right now. I'll think about it.

As Tsmith said not sure where I'd use it but I'm sure it could get used.

Maybe once your done with it and it's a workable font we could have a community contest with it like we did for respurse's font. just let me know ;)

#4 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:24 PM

well I made some changes to it and now its available as a workable font on Fontsruct.
FontStruct | Stripe Bold let me know what you think!

@tsmith - thanks! I'm no sure what I would use it for either.

@coy - I worked on it some more and now I think it works much better. it might be cool to do a community contest with it... i'm not sure yet.

#5 Gwinchester

Gwinchester

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:50 AM

It looks much better with the changes!but like @tsmith sad i woudn´t know where i could use it,anyway nice job.
bye

#6 halpinc

halpinc

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:35 AM

Hey all! Was playing around and got this idea for a typeface... still kinda rough (especially some of the capitals) And was wondering what you all thought?

Posted Image

I feel that this could either be much cleaner and much more proportioned or tons more wonky...it seems to be quite inbetween the two right now

#7 smyth

smyth

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:34 PM

I feel that this could either be much cleaner and much more proportioned or tons more wonky...it seems to be quite inbetween the two right now

What program do you use for creating fonts?

#8 noxieCreative

noxieCreative

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:43 PM

Interesting. I like the idea. Like coy stated the U and V looks too close... the H I think could be done differently as well. But you have some pretty unique characters .. a good font man well done.

#9 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

@halpinc well if you took a look at the updated font that I linked ... :)

@smyth I just used Fontstruct. its free and entirely online. Its' not perfect but its fun to mess around with.

@noxieCreative thanks! if you check the new link I posted a few days ago u can see the changes I made and even download it as a workable font!

#10 noxieCreative

noxieCreative

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

Yep.. saw the update. You changed a few of the other chars that I thought needed something too (like the 0)

Good work man is it considered finished now?

#11 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:45 PM

@noxie thx yeah I think its pretty close to being finished (if not there already)

#12 halpinc

halpinc

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

hey sorry the new version is working alot better for me I don't think you should make to many changes, I would try to possibly make some of the weights a little bit closer to even for instance upper case characters E-I seem not to have as much weight and maybe a little thickening could make the weights difference a little less drastic and once again you could also go the other way with this...

#13 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

Thanks for sharing this with everyone! I was actually wondering if there was any font software out there that was free, and you answered my question :) I bookmarked the site, now I will have to find time to give that a try :D Great job on your font by the way!

#14 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:22 AM

cool! I like it a lot. You could use this for many different applications - gig flyers, album art, merch tshirts, logo wordmark, etc. It's a great display face.

#15 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:40 PM

Really like it.

Looks like some tangram work. Was tangram your inspiration ?

#16 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:45 PM

Looks like some tangram work. Was tangram your inspiration ?

Thanks! I was actually trying to do an entire font with the fewest lines possible... but ya I can kind of see some tangram

#17 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 09:53 PM

I think this would be perfect for those guys behind the bars wearing the black and white strips... LOL j/k

I'm diggin it, really do like it.

#18 shefshef019

shefshef019

• Designer
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:33 AM

Looks good! :)
Designs by Jenna Sheffler: Professional portfolio
Design Intervention: Freelance graphic and web design
Technicolor Carnival: One-of-a-kind handmade jewelry and gifts

#19 ArtFX

ArtFX

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

I really like the font. It would be great for a logo design. I would probably go blind if were used in a paragraph, like many other fonts, but it would be really cool for a word or two. Good job!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users