Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

ONE submission per entry

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

i have one question, is the "only submit 3 concepts not 4 or 5 just 3" still a rule? I reported more then once, a 4th or 5th concept and nothing happened :p

no, it's not really a rule, but rather a recommendation.
We still hope that when the contest holder asks you to do some modifications to your previous entry you will provide a revision and not a completely different design. Though when the contest holder is not very clear about that and still marks your design as "needs work" you are free to either update your design or submit a new concept.

#22 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:56 PM

i have one question, is the "only submit 3 concepts not 4 or 5 just 3" still a rule? I reported more then once, a 4th or 5th concept and nothing happened :p

Thanks for asking. And while that was the rule. it's been slightly changed recently..
And thanks for looking out for the rule breakers it does help.

Here is what's happening.

The system will only let you submit 3 designs BUT you will have revisions (unlimited) as long as the contest holder selects "needs work"..
NOW if your submission ends up w/ a "needs work" then you can revise it and if that revision happens to turn into another submission then that is fine.

So what happens is you can choose to revise the origonal image to the CH likes or submite something different. so it's like you have unlimited submissions in a way. But if that newer image isnt to the CH liking you'll probably not get another "Needs work".

So lets say the CH never gives you a "needs work" then you're only able submite 3 concepts.

hope that makes sense. any questions let me know.

#23 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 09:57 PM

answered the same time as resurepus... LOL I like his better.

• Guests

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:16 PM

:)

#25 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:30 PM

KOOL!
Crystal Clear now!
Thanks Coy, Sergey ...

Cheers.-
jjyepez

#26 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

By the way, I saw this contest allowing 5 entries!
DesignContest.net | Helping Multiple Sclerosis Patients Get Treatment
I think, there are some (rare) exceptions ... like that one ;)

#27 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 01 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

Im sry i still dont understand :o

Imagine i already submitted 3 concepts . CH eliminates 2 and say "needs work" to my third entry and i have no clue how to improve it. i still have 1 submission available, can i submit a 4th concept?

sry :rolleyes:

#28 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:03 AM

Try making a revision on your 3rd entry first, If CH still marks "needs work" even when doesn't give you any feedback ... well he maybe asking you for one more design (new concept) to see, just maybe.
As Sergey and Coy say, we have to use our common sense and consciousness either for posting a revision or turning one into a new concept (4th, 5th, whichever).

#29 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:28 AM

So, is this in effect now? The problem I am coming across is the CH doesn't really know what he wants at first, and then I use most of my entries figuring out what he wants and then I can only make revisions to maybe 1 that he chooses. I think that it's a good idea for us to have the choice to submit a new idea or revise on the old one.

Also, it seems like a lot of designers wait until the last minute to submit there initial designs, after they have seen what the client likes/dislikes. This is frustrating for the designers that choose to submit early and then run into the entry limit. I don't know how to fix that, but I just wanted to point that out.

Stephanie :)

#30 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

So, is this in effect now? The problem I am coming across is the CH doesn't really know what he wants at first, and then I use most of my entries figuring out what he wants and then I can only make revisions to maybe 1 that he chooses. I think that it's a good idea for us to have the choice to submit a new idea or revise on the old one.

Also, it seems like a lot of designers wait until the last minute to submit there initial designs, after they have seen what the client likes/dislikes. This is frustrating for the designers that choose to submit early and then run into the entry limit. I don't know how to fix that, but I just wanted to point that out.

Stephanie :)

Yes it's in effect now.

some designers take longer to work on their concepts but it's kind of a normal thing for other to watch the contests untill the last day or two to see what the CH is wanting. I agree it's kinda frustrating and at time your concepts will be taken and twisted in their own fasion. But we here at DC try to stay on top of that an not allow duplicated concepts. But understand it's a fine line and can't always be a black and white situation. ;)

#31 glyphica

glyphica

• Designer
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 02:56 AM

Okay, cool.

I understand, I'm glad you guys try to stay on top of it though :)

Yes it's in effect now.

some designers take longer to work on their concepts but it's kind of a normal thing for other to watch the contests untill the last day or two to see what the CH is wanting. I agree it's kinda frustrating and at time your concepts will be taken and twisted in their own fasion. But we here at DC try to stay on top of that an not allow duplicated concepts. But understand it's a fine line and can't always be a black and white situation. ;)

#32 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:44 PM

Bringing this to the top one more time.

Notice. one concept per entry. I've show a full color w/ all gradiants, gloss effects and so for on the main image. then I show a flat color w/ no shading, glossies just solid colors, then a black and white. Not a gray scale but simply black and white
Posted Image

#33 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

But, coy. The upper one is slightly different to lower ones. Look closer.
Regards,
--
jjyepez

#34 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

what am I missing...I don't see any difference

But, coy. The upper one is slightly different to lower ones. Look closer.
Regards,
--
jjyepez

Like us on facebook

#35 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

what am I missing...I don't see any difference

Its missing some words under "GLOBAL".
I think he is talking about that lol, I dont see any other difference

#36 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:48 PM

Thanks I see it...just need to open my eyes a bit more

Like us on facebook

#37 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

Certainly that's it ZukiH.
@Sharie: Don't blame yourself Sharie :) we all miss something sometimes.
Kind regards,
--
jjyepez

#38 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 06:55 PM

Bringing this to the top one more time.

Notice. one concept per entry. I've show a full color w/ all gradiants, gloss effects and so for on the main image. then I show a flat color w/ no shading, glossies just solid colors, then a black and white. Not a gray scale but simply black and white

Imagine the original logo has flat colors, can we use the flat color section to show it with a black background? Or does this count as a logo variation?

#39 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

That will be considered a "canvas modification" as I can tell.
I was penalized because of that reason (here the post)

As far as I was told You have to use each canvas area to show the exact variation as titled: flat colors, black & white .. and of course the full color main area.
If I'm wrong about this I will be corrected ..

Regards,
--
jjyepez

Edited by jjyepez, 18 March 2010 - 07:20 PM.

#40 automaton

automaton

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

I have to say that after reading this thread I think I understand the submission rules, but they're still confusing.

It would be helpful to new designers if there was a link, to the rules and guidelines, on the page the contest is being held.
Something similar this DesignContest.net | Submitting a design most of these rules also apply for non-elite designers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users