• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 quentinb

quentinb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:28 AM

I love it ! i really enjoy the colors and this "abstract" style, well played ! (:

#22 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:06 PM

Oh and by the way where can I post some kits that I think are great. They are kits for Soccer

What are you talking about?
What kits? and what does it have to do with this thread.

#23 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

Thanks.

As I said in a post in page 1:

The work is done in acrylic on paper, and then scanned and worked on in PS.

So, it's not completely done in Photoshop, although Photoshop CS5 will allow for some really nice things with their new brush engine.

#24 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 01:30 AM

love it. When I look at it I feel/see angry tranquility. wierd. Kinda like a hectic calm.. two totally opposite feelings at the same time.

I think its the color and the soft edges that makes you get a calm feel in such a hectic piece.
Nice work, tricked me at first thought it was photoshoped.

Edited by Randi, 16 May 2010 - 01:34 AM.

#25 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:45 AM

tricked me at first thought it was photoshoped.

Well, I guess it's because of the topic title.

I started this topic with the intention of posting several works, most of which are done in PS.

Here is another work, this time almost entirely made in PS:

Posted Image

#26 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

It looks everything but photoshoped! (i know you only did some details in PS but it looks all passtel to me xD)
I like it though I don't really udnerstand it, all I see are some waves and some buildings.
Nice job =)

#27 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:12 AM

Thanks !

It's an abstract work, so I did not intend to represent something in particular.

#28 isol

isol

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:09 PM

Sure, but I think you have an idea of what you wanted to draw. What is it ? Urban movement ? explosion ? Anyway, Great !)

#29 crystalh

crystalh

• Designer
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 03:58 PM

In the initial art you posted I really thought of global warming. It's kinda strange, but you can almost see small buildings, houses, mountains, trees, etc., etc. and then how the "bad" or "negative" shooting off of the globe per-say is then streaming out into the atmosphere. Beautiful disaster. I personally love it. The second art you posted reminds me of some sort of aluminum spacecraft with really intense blue lights. (I'm sure my son has a bit to do with that being me first thought). Very interesting! Keep up the great work!

#30 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 05:32 PM

Thanks !

The title of the first work, which is abstract, is Barock, a combination or Baroque and Rock.

The baroque art is characterized by intense movement, characteristic which is the starting point of my work. I wanted to convey the idea of intense and unrestricted movement. That's one of the roles of abstract art: to convey ideas or states of mind.

The second work is not abstract. It's called Advanced Alien Engineering, and it represents an actual thing, an alien device with an unknown function. The image conveys mystery both in its subject matter, and in the actual representation, which features a dark atmosphere and colors.

Hope that helps.:)

#31 goran.r

goran.r

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 06:46 PM

woooooowwwww, very impressive work

#32 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:35 PM

Thanks, glad you like it.

#33 joshoncreek

joshoncreek

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

Posted Image

Done in Photoshop and some resource images over the net.

Edited by joshoncreek, 20 May 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#34 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:19 AM

That's a really nice photo manipulation. The idea is also very inspired.

The title might be "By the sea shoe" instead of "By the sea shore"...LOL

#35 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:55 PM

Here's another Photoshop project I finished.

Unknown alien device 2.

#36 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:01 PM

I am not an abstract art expert but when I saw this piece (original Post) I immediately felt chaos, it seems to be a collection of all that exist fighting for dominance and in the end nothing will survive. The choice using two colors could symbolize the fight between right and wrong (Good and Evil). The painting should be framed but the meaning should never be allowed to escape.

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#37 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:09 PM

Well, I guess it's because of the topic title.

I started this topic with the intention of posting several works, most of which are done in PS.

Here is another work, this time almost entirely made in PS:

Posted Image

Once again I see chaos, this seems to look like an alien warplane on point to destroy everything in its way. I don't know you but your works usually says a lot about you. Have you struggled in your life? It could explain the chaos I see in your work, I saw the next painting also and it has a very similar theme. You have a knack of creating work that really can ignite discussion. Do not take it wrong your work is unique and I recommend that you continue creating your abstract designs.

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#38 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

Thanks for the comments, Vince !

Yes, you could say chaos was one of my inspirations when creating these works. Chaos is dynamic, something always in movement, because it never is one set thing. That would mean order.

I created these after long periods of working on ordered and structured design works, that had client specifications, and guidelines, and rulers, and grids, and color spaces, in other words, limits. I'm not saying that that doesn't offer room for creativity, it just makes one want to create something free of any externally imposed limitations. The extreme of that is chaos, and the unknown. The unknown naturally refers to imagination, and imagination, well, is the starting point of creativity.

Hope that makes sense for someone, LOL :)

#39 orosylfos

orosylfos

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:52 AM

It's delicious! It makes me crave paint.

#40 Guest_susih.15_*

Guest_susih.15_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 07:33 AM

it very nice... i need it for my livingroom :D the only thing i have to criticize is the centered position of the "object"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users