#1 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

Hey, people !

How many of you are using Corel Draw ?

I use it, along with Illustrator.

Just wanted to tell you that Corel Draw X5 has been launched, in case you didn't know already.

Here's the product page:

Graphic design software ? CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X5

In light of the new features, would you upgrade from X4 ?

I will think about it, although most of the new features are performance related, and not super-duper new tools.

What do you think ?

#2 imar183

imar183

Banned

• Banned
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

I use the X4, but I was somehow better X3 :)

#3 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:27 PM

What features do you consider to be better in X3 compared to X4 ?

#4 imar183

imar183

Banned

• Banned
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

For example, when draw two cubes one over the other (transparent) outline only, can not be taken inside, the X3 I could without any problems, and unwillingly I always option shift + page up or shift + page down. the X3 I never had these problems

#5 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 01:47 AM

For example, when draw two cubes one over the other (transparent) outline only, can not be taken inside, the X3 I could without any problems, and unwillingly I always option shift + page up or shift + page down. the X3 I never had these problems

Switch to "simple lines drawing view" or something (I have spanish version: Ver - Lineas de Dibujo Simples), that is the first option in the View menu, after that, you will be able to select even the shapes that are totally behind others.

btw: I use Corel DRAW & Corel PHOTOPAINT since version 7 until nowadays X4.
X5 launch is good news ;-)
Thanks for the info.

Best regards,
--
jjyepez

#6 tdodger

tdodger

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 March 2010 - 10:54 PM

I held back on x4 because I didnt see in any benefits........ now x5....... is it worth it ?....I like the corel product over Illustrator because I find its not such a learning curve for my team members. I love the ease of switching between applications but I'm not sure if x5 is worth the cost if they did the little web based things that im not interested in.
anyone else ?.......I'd be interested in opinions on this one as well.

T

#7 jjyepez

jjyepez

Guru

• Designer
  • 955 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:00 AM

I held back on x4 because I didnt see in any benefits........ now x5....... is it worth it ?....I like the corel product over Illustrator because I find its not such a learning curve for my team members. I love the ease of switching between applications but I'm not sure if x5 is worth the cost if they did the little web based things that im not interested in.
anyone else ?.......I'd be interested in opinions on this one as well.

T

Hello folks!

@tdodger: Since you are a regular CorelSuite user you might know that the memory & processor usage, clipboard and undoes managment and bulk objects selecting (among other resources-dependant-tasks) have been always kind of an issue in Corel ... well ... every new version that enhances this feature is worth the try (IMO that is totally good news!).

Quote from corel.com
Enhanced! Optimal Speed and Performance
Complete your tasks faster with powerful performance enhancements that leverage multi-core processing to maximize your computer’s power. This latest edition is optimized for Windows® 7 and offers new touch-screen support, as well as support for Windows Vista® and Windows® XP.

The value content pack is also a valuable plus.
Quote from corel.com
New & Enhanced! High-value Digital Content
Enrich your designs with over 1,000 professional fonts, including Helvetica®, Garamond® and Frutiger® fonts for the first time ever. Plus, take advantage of high-value digital content, such as premium clipart, royalty-free photos and vehicle templates. Give your work a professional finish without spending extra time and money— you’ll find all the graphics software and resources you need right here!
Can you imageine? Helvetica? Frutiger? as a bonus??? :D

Aditionally: Power Trace feature is absolutely worth it (I use this exceptional feature a lot), enhancement is is good news!

Well, however, you can always give it a try before purchasing ;) or even better ... upgradeing it!

Cheers pal!
--
jjyepez

#8 bubble

bubble

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:59 PM

I've seen some really nice things done in corel. I've been to a live workshop with Andrew Jones, (search the internet), drawing live in corel. And the best thing is that you can print your artwork as big as you want.

From what i've seen and heard corel gives you more creativity let's say. Illustrator is a bit rigid but if you know what you want is perfect.
Is hard for the company to compete with adobe, that's why they are putting these extra fonts.

#9 patrakliski

patrakliski

Banned

• Banned
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:21 AM

I am now on X5 and want to tell you to take it ... much better not revolutionery update but it is good to have it .... X3 than X4 and now X5 more better and better
design is all around us ....

#10 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:25 PM

wow! free helvetica, frutiger fonts included?!
c'mon corel we need better than that...please include TRAJAN PRO. hahaha! :D

definitely i'll check X5 if it's worth an upgrade from X4.
LOGOWORX

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you don't have; rather remember that what you have now was once among the things you only hoped for.”

#11 smyth

smyth

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:49 PM

I'm super satisfied with X3 version ... but :D i'm human, i must try the X5.
And i'm reading on the corel site the overview and i see "more speed" and "more color control" and that's awesome. I don't understand " more compatibility" ... i mean , wow... really? is it possible ? i guess .dll .exe .com no longer a problem huh?

#12 llcya1

llcya1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 06:58 PM

X5 but it took a while to pick up

#13 kushanu

kushanu

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 05:36 AM

Thanks for your suggestion, but I wanted it to look as minimal as possible (check out the packaging for Windows 7) and the gray is to help the colors from the Corel balloon stand out. The color will come from the interior the box when you open it.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Square Peg Web

#14 monster96

monster96

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 09:56 AM

yeah, im corel fans too..i heard X5 blend with swift for web animation. can you believe it? Corel Flash..wow!!..

#15 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:08 AM

yeah, im corel fans too..i heard X5 blend with swift for web animation. can you believe it? Corel Flash..wow!!..

Can you elaborate more on this ? I didn't quite fully understood and it sounds like an interesting thing.

#16 monster96

monster96

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:59 AM

Can you elaborate more on this ? I didn't quite fully understood and it sounds like an interesting thing.

maybe you must visit Graphic design software, photo editing software, video editing software ? Corel Corporation for details. I can't explain in details, because so much great new add features in X5 :)..

#17 monster96

monster96

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 05:10 AM

maybe you must visit Graphic design software, photo editing software, video editing software ? Corel Corporation for details. I can't explain in details, because so much great new add features in X5 :)..

ups sorry..you are thread starter right? its the same links :D..in short, you can make a swf file in corel..but just simple animation, but it's worthed..have you try the demo?

#18 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 10:14 AM

I was referring to this phrase:

"i heard X5 blend with swift "

I know swift 3d is a 3d animation software, and I didn't fully understand how did Corel Draw X5 blend with that.

But I understand now what did you mean. The new simple animation capabilities. Indeed, great new addition.:)

#19 darthsheep

darthsheep

• Designer
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 September 2010 - 03:48 PM

i started using x4, and changed to x5 when it was launched, although my coworkers told me that x3 and earlier were way better than these two. what do you guys think about that?

#20 Xart

Xart

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:39 PM

started using x4, and

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users