• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:51 PM

OK, so this past weekend I need something to keep the kids entertained a bit. so we went to the local Craft store and picked up a few shirts and some stuff for them to make their own t-shirts.
Well my oldest is in love w/ the hulk, so we got her a light green shirt and some dark green screen printing ink and I came up with an image that I thought she'd like. Had her approve it. LOL and she picked out the font to use. had her cut out a template out of some think plastic I had around from some other project.
this is the image we ended up with. and the shirt looks to be a winner for her.

The black and white to cut the template with..
Posted Image

and something I made that she could put on her cell phone or computer desk top.
Posted Image

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:54 PM

oH just in case your wondering what the other two did. one had an iron on and wanted me to write her name on the back w/ the Tshirt markers so she could color it and a heart.
The other wanted to do all his own. on the front he wrote Awkward Turtle and drew a bunch of turtles. Then he desided he wanted me to draw his name on the back so I did a Cartoon type of drawing looked kinda like his superman poster lettering he then colored it in. lol

#3 noxieCreative

noxieCreative

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:19 AM

Looks great man,

Did you do the hulk yourself? Looked live traced.. so i didn't know.

#4 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:21 AM

Looks great man,

Did you do the hulk yourself? Looked live traced.. so i didn't know.

I don't have the internet at home so I had to use a poster for reference that my daughter has.. LOL it was ruff and she hated cutting all the little lines with the exacto knife. hahah

So I guess it was all me. :D

#5 noxieCreative

noxieCreative

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:44 AM

Well done!

Yeah.. i just worked on a project using black and white environmental background... free handing with an xacto knife takes quite a bit of skill... I never match my pencil marks -.-" I think my xacto knife is kinda cheap though.. the top of it always gets loose after 10min cutting with it.

#6 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

Reading the posts I realized that it took some work (tracing and cutting) as opposed to downloading an image from the internet, but the result is worth it. It actually looks great on the computer screen. I imagine it will look even better when printed.

#7 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

well her exacto cuts were not as good as mine when I was showing her how to do it. But it came out looking good. the part that I think suffered the most from the "blad" was the face. to small of detail for her to really cut and she was getting tired of cutting so wasn't really trying her best..

If I were to give any advice on cutting things with and exacto (I have a cheepy also) is take your time, practice cutting circles by twisting the blade between your fingers and/or spinning the plastic or cardboard or whatever your cutting. Also make light cuts this gives you the most control and then go back over them untill it cuts through. don't try to jab it through on the first try, it gives you less control of the blad's direction.

#8 Sunshine1Luv

Sunshine1Luv

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 08:17 PM

pretty wicked

#9 Llamalord

Llamalord

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:07 PM

Looks very professional. I've always had trouble with exactoing (if that's a word) things this... well... exact.

#10 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 23 March 2010 - 09:04 PM

This is pretty amazing Coy..i'm really impressed that u did that from scratch :-O
i really like the black x white one. i bet ur kid is so happy with it :)

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#11 Conversed

Conversed

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 08:16 PM

ha, love the design, and love the fact that you DAUGHTER loves the hulk ^^

#12 quentinb

quentinb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:24 AM

great work =) i really like this kind of design :) keep it up =D

#13 DesignByJordan

DesignByJordan

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

So did you cut out the pieces and scan them?

#14 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:48 PM

So did you cut out the pieces and scan them?

I dont' want to sound mean but!

WTF ISN'T ANYONE READING THE THREADS TODAY?

I mean dude really!!! If you read the first part you'd know what I did.. and maybe follow the thread where someone asked if I got it off the net and I explained further what I did..

some of you guys are making me sick today!.
READ

Edited by Coy, 04 May 2010 - 11:51 PM.

#15 DesignByJordan

DesignByJordan

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:11 AM

I dont' want to sound mean but!

WTF ISN'T ANYONE READING THE THREADS TODAY?

I mean dude really!!! If you read the first part you'd know what I did.. and maybe follow the thread where someone asked if I got it off the net and I explained further what I did..

some of you guys are making me sick today!.
READ

whoa... no need to make me feel stupid, the thread was really long so i figured u either tell me to read a certain part or the answer to my question. I'm new to forums and design in general so i just figured a professional like u would give me some good ideas and not snap.

#16 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 12:28 AM

whoa... no need to make me feel stupid, the thread was really long so i figured u either tell me to read a certain part or the answer to my question. I'm new to forums and design in general so i just figured a professional like u would give me some good ideas and not snap.

Not trying to make you feel stupid. really I'm not..
But this is like the 50th replied thread that someone (not just singling you out) hasn't read the topic at all. At least your response had something to do with the thread in general. others had no clue what the topic was about.

no hard feelings. ;)

#17 matthymes

matthymes

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:51 AM

I bow to your skill, I could probably duplicate but that's cheating lol, and the Hulk for your daughter also makes me laugh my little sister was always in the "norm" for a girl I guess with blues clues etc. except for an unexplained love of spiderman, she never saw the movies or anything but she loved him all the same...never understood where that came from...

#18 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:15 PM

what's with the picture of the incredible hulk? Do you work for Marvel?

#19 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:32 PM

what's with the picture of the incredible hulk? Do you work for Marvel?

No I do marvel-ous work..
I use to also be called the HULK cause I'd loose it at an unexpected time, rip my shirt off and go absolutly crazy. Crab a stick or whatever was close and try to beat the crap out of anyone that pissed me off.. :D
true story.but it only happened once.

#20 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 08:54 PM

was that when you worked at that "male-only adult entertainment" restaurant?

I use to also be called the HULK cause I'd loose it at an unexpected time, rip my shirt off and go absolutly crazy. Crab a stick or whatever was close and try to beat the crap out of anyone that pissed me off.. :D
true story.but it only happened once.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users