• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

hello every one :)
My name is selma ,i'm 21 and i'm a beginner in designing & i'd really like to improve my skills with ur help & comments

i use photoshop mostly for designing but sometimes it's sooo hard for me to remember steps & apply them..

i like ur forum alot bcuz it is what i was looking for..big community of ppl who can direct & support me

hope u enjoy my work & for me to be able to help others someday

MY DREAM IS TO BECOME A PROFESSIONAL WEB DESIGNER :cool::o

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

Welcome to Design Contest..

Here are some links to help you get started.
http://www.designcon...-designers.html

http://www.designcon...pplication.html

http://www.designcon...c-contests.html

And please read ALL the stickies at the top of the forum.

I'd also like to add that with the increase in new members because of our new open to all contests I'll be deleting useless posts... Like "nice" or "cool".. in hopes of everyone understanding what it really takes to be an elite team member.

#3 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 05:59 PM

I'd like to suggest you start using Illustrator for your designs. This is an industry standard exspecially with Logos.

also feel free to post anything in the needs work area - http://www.designcon...works-progress/

#4 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:08 PM

Welcome to Design Contest..

Here are some links to help you get started.
http://www.designcon...-designers.html

http://www.designcon...pplication.html

http://www.designcon...c-contests.html

And please read ALL the stickies at the top of the forum.

I'd also like to add that with the increase in new members because of our new open to all contests I'll be deleting useless posts... Like "nice" or "cool".. in hopes of everyone understanding what it really takes to be an elite team member.

thank u coy for welcoming me to the forum :)
& i totally understand the deleting of useless posts ;) ..and thanks alot for the very useful links
& it's nice to meet u

#5 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:12 PM

nice to meet you as well.

#6 sinjix_media

sinjix_media

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 51 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:11 AM

Welcome friend. I've been here for a couple years, but only as a spectator. I've only recently started posting.
I know you'll love it here.
The people are very warm and welcoming.

#7 KittySaurus

KittySaurus

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:52 AM

I've been signed on to this for a while, but never participated. I'm hoping to change that! Hope to see you around and keep working towards your dreams!

#8 brandyarnold

brandyarnold

Guru

• Designer
  • 792 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

Glad to see you participating! (And you, too, KittySaurus!)
:) Brandy

#9 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 01:53 AM

Angel, Welcome. First of all everyone on this site has been in your shoes, we all started somewhere. I am sure you will find lots of support. You are doing the right thing by networking with others. As Coy was telling you You really need to lear to use a vector program. Illustrator is the premier tool but there are others like Drawplus, not as powerful but the price is right. you can find it here DrawPlus: FREE Graphics, Illustration and Vector Drawing software download. Good luck, get involved in the community forums and projects. One last thing do not abandon Photoshop, it is a great program that has its place in the digital illustration and photo manipulating world. I use them both everyday but when it comes to Logos, Illustrator it the key

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#10 Joxy

Joxy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:14 AM

A small step in designing - Make sure to use the right fonts even in forums ;). No offense :)

#11 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

thank u everyone for all the warm welcoming :o:)

Edited by like an angel, 16 March 2010 - 03:35 PM.
double posted

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#12 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 03:30 PM

Welcome friend. I've been here for a couple years, but only as a spectator. I've only recently started posting.
I know you'll love it here.
The people are very warm and welcoming.

thanks a lot :) yea i've just joined recently & i posted right away..it was just what i'm looking for

I've been signed on to this for a while, but never participated. I'm hoping to change that! Hope to see you around and keep working towards your dreams!

ty for ur nice words :o ..hope to see u around too..good luck

Glad to see you participating! (And you, too, KittySaurus!)

thanks Brandy..hope i can be good enough :)

Angel, Welcome. First of all everyone on this site has been in your shoes, we all started somewhere. I am sure you will find lots of support. You are doing the right thing by networking with others. As Coy was telling you You really need to lear to use a vector program. Illustrator is the premier tool but there are others like Drawplus, not as powerful but the price is right. you can find it here DrawPlus: FREE Graphics, Illustration and Vector Drawing software download. Good luck, get involved in the community forums and projects. One last thing do not abandon Photoshop, it is a great program that has its place in the digital illustration and photo manipulating world. I use them both everyday but when it comes to Logos, Illustrator it the key

thank u alot for the programs' links :) :).. i like to be around people with artistic prospective & creativity to criticize my work & help me improve it.
& of course i wont abandon photoshop it's where i started to love designing in the first place..when i saw what is this program was able to do..just amazed me @_@

A small step in designing - Make sure to use the right fonts even in forums ;). No offense :)

thanx for the tip ;)..Non taken:D

Edited by like an angel, 16 March 2010 - 03:37 PM.

♥ Selma ♥

#13 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

Hello, and welcome to the forums !

I think you made a great choice joining this forum, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot of useful things here.

• Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:23 PM

Hi, Selma, welcome to DC!
one small thing, do you think you could shorten your signature? Normally our signatures here are no bigger than a couple of lines...

#15 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

Hello, and welcome to the forums !

I think you made a great choice joining this forum, and I'm sure you'll learn a lot of useful things here.

thank u ^_^ i find this place great :o

Hi, Selma, welcome to DC!
one small thing, do you think you could shorten your signature? Normally our signatures here are no bigger than a couple of lines...

hello resurepus..i'm really amazed by this huge work & great website of urs..:eek:
i wonder how i never found it before!!
and for the signature part i've changed it ;) excuse me i didn't knew this rule !!..i see how u all like things simple ..i've just used it to introduce myself ..but a couple lines would do it as well :rolleyes:
of course i don't have a marvelous thing to add to my siggy like urs ((really amazing ur designs btw)) but hope i do someday
thanks for welcoming me in person.

♥ Selma ♥

#16 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

can i ask something :o
bcuz i'd like to apply for the non profit civil rights group contest
can i know what these mean??
Wordmark
Pictoral mark
Abstract mark
Letterform mark
Emblem
Character
Web 2.0

what does a CH mean by these styles?? what's the logos inserted represent????any explanation would be really appreciated

♥ Selma ♥

• Guests

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:53 PM

since you can participate in this contest, I'd like you to ask the CH directly in the contest's comments.

#18 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

Welcome, like an angel:
looking forward to see your entries.. samples.. questions. you choosed the design field then you're in the right place. Welcome to DC! :)

-Amr

#19 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

can i ask something :o
bcuz i'd like to apply for the non profit civil rights group contest
can i know what these mean??
Wordmark
Pictoral mark
Abstract mark
Letterform mark
Emblem
Character
Web 2.0

what does a CH mean by these styles?? what's the logos inserted represent????any explanation would be really appreciated

the design brief should show you a couple examples of those. I haven't looke at it yet:o so I'm not sure what they selected.

but if they've selected all of them, basically anything you come up with will work. LOL

you can also google each term and get a very discriptive meaning.

example googled wordmark - http://en.wikipedia....raphic_identity)

pictoral mark = Brand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and so on. you may have to add logo to the search or brand identity or graphic design to make the search more specific.

We could tell you exactly what everything means but sometime I believe it benefits people to have them do a search and learn on their own.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users