Hawk Logo

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 chickenfish13

chickenfish13

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 01:35 AM

Hey guys. This is a logo for a hawk mascot, pretty much for any sport team. Let me know what you guys think:

Posted Image

#2 Coy

Coy

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2534 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

It's simple and nice. I feel the beak is a little to small for a hawk type of bird though.
It also needs a little something? can't put my finger on it thought. I'll come back and look at it when i have more time.

#3 lilpolcat1

lilpolcat1

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:03 PM

I like the simple lines of it. But thinking it would look better with the inner "yellow" beak matching more to the flow of the purple outline. Cheers

#4 cclark413

cclark413

• Designer
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:17 AM

I like the direction, but just a couple of things that stick out...

Outer stroke seems much to thick to me... I think maybe just half the thickness will better present the piece.

Also, most of the curves seem to "straighten out" throughout the logo. I think playing with the flow of your curves may help with the logo.

As far as the beak, I agree with lilpolcat1. Make the beak a little fuller and match the shape to the stroke you have. That will help.

#5 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 01:07 AM

It looks very professional, like i can see it in stickers and all xD even with the outer stroke, makes its seem more sports-like to me.
And i like how the yellow, even if its not much, stands out perfectly

#6 aset

aset

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 113 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:35 AM

I like the colours and as Coy said it just needs a little something.
To me it doesn't look all that fast and dynamic like a hawk is meant to be.
Maybe needs some speed lines or something?
Have a look at the Atlanta Hawks logo should give you some ideas.

#7 quentinb

quentinb

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 08:15 AM

It's simple, but nice as coy said..personnaly, i don't think those yellows and purple colors feat with a "hawk's image" i'd think about more dynamics, agressiv colors, like red, blue, but it's just my personnal point of view..anyway, i think it's a great job!

#8 FM94

FM94

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 10:04 PM

Nicely done!
simple & beautiful!
needs something more as coy said!?

#9 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:24 AM

Some good suggestions here already.
Nice work, you can tell right away that it is a sports logo.

#10 matthymes

matthymes

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 02:44 AM

I agree with most of the comments it's a good logo, and I like it but I don't see a hawk with that beak, I feel more along the lines of a raven (probably the colors I know) or even, heaven forbid, a roadrunner.

#11 mullethead

mullethead

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 01:59 PM

Nice job man! Totally looks really cool. Everything looks perfect to me, but the beak and outer part of the mouth don't seem to have the same flow. I think if you tweaked that area this would come out really flawless. It's definitely a keeper.

#12 KihnDesigns

KihnDesigns

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 05:09 AM

I think the thing that stands out to me the most is the eye. While yes the outer stroke does look a little heavy, the eye looks "droopy" or "sad" in some way. I think if it was changed to more of the shape of one of the eyes that "aset" showed, it might make things flow better... you could also try flipping it so that the back is thicker than the front, don't know if it will work, but it might be a quick fix

#13 lena

lena

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 04:49 PM

the outline doesn't fit the inner bird. outline looks like an eagle or hawk, and inner bird looks more like gonzo from muppet show, maybe if you adjust those two, or making inner bird more agressive...

#14 Kooia

Kooia

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 03:13 AM

Great!

I think it'd be good to put a little more contrast in the picture. I think the black doesn't stand out enough from the purple outline. Maybe you can make the beak a little larger, too.

#15 csquaredlove

csquaredlove

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:01 AM

I like the original one you have done up there. It caught my eye as soon as I opened it. I think people read way to much into things.

#16 VisiblyInvisibl

VisiblyInvisibl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

i love the contrasting colors and the overall design, i would make the beak a touch bigger though, it seems a little out of proportion with the size of the head

#17 cmor

cmor

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

I agree with many of the posts concerning the beak, it needs to be thicker to show the Hawk, also the outer stroke is quite thick, maybe tone it down just a shade, the one thing I would mention is rotating the entire image up to the left (as looking at it) to show more of the Hawk Pride, instead of looking dow n, as if hunting. All in all, beautiful work.

#18 Clayface

Clayface

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:06 AM

its great!!!

very simple and it would be easy to transcribe from different platforms and color schemes. looks like Baltimore Ravens logo a little.

could definitely see it on a helmet and jerseys.

#19 digitalmighty

digitalmighty

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

I like it too... some of the suggestions people have made may be worth exploring (making the beak bigger, the lines more speed-implicative). My first thought was "nice, but I'd like the see the purple spot inside the bird be something different". Not just because it's so dark and similar to black, but because it matches the outer color, making it like a "hollow" bird, know what I mean?

Anyway, good work so far - I bet you could make it even better with a couple of tweaks.

#20 endi24design

endi24design

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:30 AM

You've done a great job, the first impression of sports mascot is very important,i like the colors,in my opinion, the purple outline should be a little thinner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users