Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:52 AM

My "Imaginary" graphics company logo...

Posted Image

#2 lena

lena

• Designer
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:38 AM

nice, but i would go with simplier and cleaner design, without backgrounds, black outline and fire above i...
overall - good idea...
thmbs up

#3 danii

danii

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:32 PM

I would definetly go for a cleaner design as Lena said. The "brushfire" is somewhat cartoony while "graphics" uses a very elegant light typeface and I don't know if this is the contrast you were going for. Maybe try wrighting graphics with less letter spacing because something seems off. Nevertheless nice work ;)

#4 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:33 PM

I'd get rid of the watermark background, theres no need to repeat the fire icon.Other than that detail, i like it.

#5 jralderman

jralderman

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 06:59 PM

OK took your advice and this is what I got

Posted Image

#6 Rockula

Rockula

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 07:06 PM

That looks very professional! I really like that color combination! plus the fire icon doesnt looks repetitive

#7 Randi

Randi

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 08:13 PM

OK took your advice and this is what I got

Posted Image

The dot above the "i" looses the detail that the logo above it has, maybe happened when sizing.
In my opinion the dot above the eye looks small for the text I liked the logo in front of the text like you had in the first image.

They both look good, I think sice it is a logo for graphics it doesnt need to always be clean its one of the few times you can be bolder and more creative.

#8 danii

danii

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:18 PM

looks very nice. The i from fire needs a bit of work though. Why not try extending the upper line from the f over the i instead of the little flame? I don't think you need to repeat it and the scaled down version doesn't look as nice as the big one.

#9 bubble

bubble

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:22 PM

I think that you should put just the big flame and let the dot on i, simple. In my opinion is too much to have the same idea 2 times in the same logo.

Keep it simple. and the "graphics" beneath "brushfire" is too thin. If you want to try a logo and see that it works you have to put it first on white and then on black.
That's a rule and if i'm wrong please contradict me.

#10 jralderman

jralderman

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:49 PM

v.3

Posted Image

#11 bubble

bubble

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:29 PM

Much better.
Now try to put it on white background and see how it looks.
Maybe you'll have to adjust the colors a bit if it's too bright.

#12 libbyelliott

libbyelliott

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:21 PM

In my opinion your original design is a much better concept. Although I think your fire needs some tweaking to be more fire like.

I like the name of your company. It seems like the changes you have made to your logo has it a little lost. The icon part looks more like water now than fire.

I also liked the placement of the icon before the type. I think the font you chose is great for this kind of a layout. The curves of the fire flow with the strong curves of the letters.

I would agree that you don't need the little flame as the dot of the "i". However, as an alternate presentation you could present your logo with the flame on the "i" (larger of course) with no other graphics.

I would also recommend you increase the the space between the letters in brushfire or you make them touch completely. Right now the kerning kind of looks like an oversight.

The "graphics" part of your logo needs some attention. I would move it down away from bushfire, it's just too close. I like that you opened up the letters, because it contrasts to the tightness of bushfire. I think to add even more contrast you should try graphics in all upper case. Uppercase will contrast with your lower case brush fire.

#13 VisiblyInvisibl

VisiblyInvisibl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 04:39 PM

your last update is the best imo

#14 AWWDUDE

AWWDUDE

Banned

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 05:39 PM

honestly your first version is the most visually appealing, but i think you should lose the flame on top, leave it over the "I" and it can still be used as a trademark, you dont have to completely isolate it. The second version looks good with the text underneath....Maybe make the "I" in fire look like an actual paint brush with the tip being the flame, if thats not what you were already trying to do the first time.

#15 solidcreature

solidcreature

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:30 AM

just a little thoughts about your firs logo concept
Posted Image

#16 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:34 AM

Also resize your logo to a size that you think you will be using it cause what I see the big problem on your current version is that the word graphic might be too small.

#17 solidcreature

solidcreature

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:56 PM

...I see the big problem on your current version is that the word graphic might be too small.

I see no difficulties on smaller versions
Posted Image

#18 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:57 PM

I can see you change the size of the Graphic compare to the one in the previous post though. Doubt you need to have various versions when you use it in different sizes just make one version that you can resize and everything is visible. I think the small flame on the i could be a bit bigger, cause compared to the i is is not looking correct.

#19 deleted member

deleted member

Banned

• Banned
  • 201 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

@solidcreature - ya the newest version you have the type is bigger and that makes it work better. However you've kinda hijacked the original posters thread....

#20 pliny.Design

pliny.Design

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:38 PM

I think you should play up the flame on the dot of the i. you don't need it in both places. either play up the one on the i and remove the leading flame, or change the i back to a dot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users