• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 digitalmighty

digitalmighty

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

I'm pretty excited about the perspective grid development - it would be particularly helpful for certain projects I have here at work. We don't have CS5 here yet but it's on its way soon (I hope!).

Has anyone here tried it out yet? I was thinking it would be great if you could import a photo and have it automatically interpret the perspective and build a new grid for you, but I don't think it's that advanced (yet). Am I wrong?

I was also wondering if you build something using a perspective grid, then adjust the grid, do all of the objects automatically update? I would expect them to, but the tutorials I watched didn't mention whether or not it does this.

If anyone knows, I'd be interested.

#2 atondex

atondex

• Designer
  • 247 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

Are you referring to the new perspective grid feature in Illustrator ?

Because in your post you are talking about photos, and that's Photoshop's main strength. In PS CS4 there's a feature called Vanishing Point, which allows you to edit photos based on a perspective grid that you can define. This feature exists since version CS2. Maybe this tool will help you to complete some of the projects you were talking about.

If you are referring to the new feature in Illustrator CS5, that' certainly useful for vector objects.

Hope this helps. :)

#3 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 02:49 PM

I'm pretty excited about the perspective grid development - it would be particularly helpful for certain projects I have here at work. We don't have CS5 here yet but it's on its way soon (I hope!).

Has anyone here tried it out yet? I was thinking it would be great if you could import a photo and have it automatically interpret the perspective and build a new grid for you, but I don't think it's that advanced (yet). Am I wrong?

I was also wondering if you build something using a perspective grid, then adjust the grid, do all of the objects automatically update? I would expect them to, but the tutorials I watched didn't mention whether or not it does this.

If anyone knows, I'd be interested.

I don't have it at home, however I have cs5 at work. The Perspective grid is awesome and will open up all kinds of opportunities, You have the choice to select 1.2.3 point perspective. The elements you add to the selected plane automatically become part of the perspective and increase or decrease size as you move it up and down the plane. The old way of creating perspective in Illustrator will now be a relic of the past. As stated above Photoshop has vanishing point and it works great but for us vector designers we really never had an easy way to do this. It is here and you will just love it. There are some other awesome features in Illustrator also like the ability to distort a path anywhere along the path, You really don't need to be outlining many strokes any more.

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#4 dbdesign

dbdesign

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:02 PM

Yeah this feature sounds awsome

#5 Cee

Cee

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 02:04 PM

I already tried and i liked the new 3D options.

#6 digitalmighty

digitalmighty

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:03 PM

Yup I mean the Illustrator perspective grid.
I can see cases where it would be useful to import a photo or a drawing and wanting to recreate the same perspective (yes, in vector not raster). The demo I saw had the user draw over the imported image so I was just thinking if they don't already have it, having it automatically detect the perspective used would be useful. Maybe CS6! :-P

#7 ideosmil

ideosmil

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 03:32 PM

Does it run in dual core processor? with built in video card only.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users