Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

DC postcard contest launched

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 11 August 2004 - 09:46 PM

We have launched DC postcard design contest. You can find it by clicking on this link: http://www.designcon...19552#post19552
Feel free to discuss the contest here (in the announcements section, not in the contest thread)

#2 oasis

oasis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 02:20 AM

I don't understand how you want the alphabet and images to correlate with the post card. Please elaborate a little more on how you want that worked in. Thanks.

-Dan

• Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:01 AM

I don't really understand the question... I want alphabet to be used in the postcard's design. You can look at the picture I attached to the contest thread, hope this helps.

#4 oasis

oasis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 88 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:57 AM

Hmmm.

Do you want the exact images you provided to be used? Like for example; if we used the letter "Z" you want to see a zebra somewhere???

Or was the image you provided simply a rough ex of what the concept behind the type of postcard you would like see designed.

Does the postcard have to include the whole alphabet of just a type study??? Thanks

• Guests

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:52 PM

the image I provided is just a rough example. The words and objects can be changed, preferrably to correspond better with design theme. For instance instead of "rifle" you could use "render", instead of "tiger" - "transparency". Use your imagination, what I provided is just a concept.

#6 NDMartin

NDMartin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 01:52 PM

Just wondering if i am allowed to enter this contest even though this is only my second post?

#7 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 04:20 PM

NDMartin -

Anyone is allowed to enter this contest. All members have access to the Low-cash/No-cash design forum, which is where the DC postcard contest is located. Please make sure that you read through all of the requirements for the design as listed in the thread before you submit a design. Good luck!

~Jenn
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

#8 oasis

oasis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:10 PM

Does the admittance proccess REALLY take 3 weeks? Why so long?

#9 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:53 PM

Does the admittance proccess REALLY take 3 weeks? Why so long?

Yes. It can take up to 3 weeks, even longer.

We all have lives off of this board, and currently my life is really busy. Because I am the one that posts/finalizes applications for the committee to view (something that takes time) the process has become longer.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#10 oasis

oasis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 88 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 11:55 PM

I guess I don't know what's involved. Looking forward.

Thank you.

-Dan

#11 Suzanne

Suzanne

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 10:57 PM

Hi

I'm just curious how long the postcard contest goes for, and if I could get some feedback on my apple postcard?
...................................................................................................

::view website
::send email

#12 jlinds72

jlinds72

Administrator/ Designer

• Designer
  • 1461 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 11:06 AM

Hi Suzanne -

I'm not sure how long the postcard contest will be open - but i'm assuming until there's a design posted that knocks resurepus's (the site owner, and person holding the contest) socks off. Please be patient as far as feedback because he's been having difficulty with a reliable internet connection lately, but i'm sure he'll be commenting shortly.

~Jenn
Jenn Lindsey - Freelance Graphic Designer
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" - Joseph Chilton Pearce

My website: jennlindsey.com

Please review the new rules for DesignContest.net here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users