• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

I am myself from Industrial design, animation and games and packaging design with graphic design. However I learn most of the stuff myself from testing and learning the programs from tutorials or just figuring stuff out myself along the way.

However I also learned and heard allot of people doing design however never learned or went to any university or college to learn it. Some learned it while working at a printing company, while some did marketing and learned it along the way. Or just learned it them selfs as a hobby while have been doing/studied something else before.

I am currently working freelance for a company while most people there are from marketing but they still mess around with the design programs while they have not learned or gotten any lessons in design.
  • Marissa_May likes this

#2 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

I came from an educational background that's very far from designing /arts, i've newly graduated from business collage with a BA in accounting.
my current work is an accounting trainee.. beside studying & working as a designer.
i've learned designing all by my own & along the way. it's my passion as well as painting.
i'm trying to develop myself right now by attending professional courses & classes in graphic designing.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#3 Arafa

Arafa

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 03:24 PM

guys i was study publicity for 2 years, and learn design software (adobe 10), and later i go to study arts, and give me 2 years of arts, i make a good education without know wath im doing..jaja, and 6 months of photography, in the midle
but the most important you need to know for me is composition and cromatic, and later drive the software.
work in design is good for learn , but always remember read and talk with other designers, thats great.
later my work is sometimes for design agencies, sometimes alone, make paint like habitual work, and i like to work in flims in art direction , becoause you make a concept board , in photoshop and later need to make in real, and this geve the chance of make hand work , and leave this pc for a time, is cool, im thinking in continue my studies with film direction and soundtrack...

you can give education for your own,but give you good education, theres a looot of design e books in internet...

#4 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:12 PM

Actually myself doing more in film than before cause I feel there are just too much people that are into design, however I have signed up for doing crossmedia next year so I could learn more about marketing and publishing cause I feel I lack that and have already learned enough about graphic design.

But I do feel knowing the software throughly you can do more than just being creative cause even if you know what image you want to make but if you dont know how to make it it has no use.

#5 HMDesigns

HMDesigns

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

I myself started out drawing, mostly portraits and still drawings. In Junior High, i had a computer class. I can't think of the name of the class or everything we covered, but one thing i remember is using a program called Paint, haha!!! I would make up these cities and cars using very simple shapes, and it looked pretty darn cool. After that, I knew I wanted to draw on computers or at least use the computer as my creative outlet. I continued drawing in High School, but once I graduated it all went away, I joined the military finished my tour of duty and got a customer service job, but still longed for that that job I always wanted. So I ended up getting my Associates in Graphic Design and now am a full time freelance graphic designer, and loving it!

#6 katieo

katieo

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:35 AM

Hey! Did anyone go to RISD? I graduated from there in '91. Good school. What they taught us then is a lot different than the work you see now.

#7 Vaiva

Vaiva

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:54 AM

Simple - graphic design studies :)

#8 LawrieM

LawrieM

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

Studied traditional Commercial Art and Design, then threw out all my pens and french curves when the first Macintosh came onto the market.
Helped start Australia's first digital design studio in 1986 with a few friends of mine, where we helped and taught many of the studios, agencies and colleges in our city to adopt the new technologies.

…one night with Illustrator 1.0 on a couple of floppy disks, and I knew that the future of graphics was in my hands!

#9 Sennardo

Sennardo

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

i am graduated from Pensacola Christian College with Bachelor of Science in Graphic Design degree.
I 've done two internships so far before i graduated.
Now im looking for a job in a creative field such as Junior or Senior Graphic Designer.

#10 TP9

TP9

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 02:02 PM

i am a graduate of Visual Communication Design, at a Christian university in Surabaya Indonesia.
now working as a freelancer

#11 NHeimstra

NHeimstra

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:19 PM

I got my Bachelor of Science in Design in Housing and Urban Development for the College of Design at Arizona State University. Since it was a design-based major I was able to learn a lot about design aesthetics while still learning business, finance, construction and planning.

#12 Larisa

Larisa

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

I started learning photoshop by myself for fun, then decided I wanted to study graphic design.
Currently halfway my studies. =)

#13 whiteangels3

whiteangels3

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:34 PM

I am 12th grade and I was thinking to go study Product design. What is your opinion about this course?

#14 Larisa

Larisa

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:26 PM

I am 12th grade and I was thinking to go study Product design. What is your opinion about this course?

Theres no such career where I live, but if you like designing, product design should be fun. Go ahead, do some research and see if its for you. ;)

#15 brownbair

brownbair

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:26 AM

BFA with a double major in Fine Art & Graphic Design, minor in Illustration. I had a tremendous course load those 4 years! Whew.

#16 pixglow

pixglow

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

I am a graduate of traditional Commercial Art and Design, However I learn 3d and 2d application by myself from testing and learning the programs from tutorials or just following tutorial, for the computer and software knowledge I never go to any college or institute.

#17 julietee

julietee

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:35 PM

I have a Bachelor's in Interior Architecture, which relied heavily on graphic design in client presentations.

#18 Natasa37

Natasa37

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 11:01 PM

i'm far from graphic desing in my education, Biotechnology, but i've always loved creativity and my sister is a graphic designer so i work with her in my spare time... win-win situation ;)

#19 Arafa

Arafa

• Designer
  • 70 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 03:41 AM

i'm far from graphic desing in my education, Biotechnology, but i've always loved creativity and my sister is a graphic designer so i work with her in my spare time... win-win situation ;)

impresionanate...realmente
impressive..really..

#20 Edenarts.tk

Edenarts.tk

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:45 AM

For education I'm studying in business, but art is just an interest.
  • Marissa_May likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users