Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

All types of contests

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 02 July 2010 - 09:11 AM

as a follow up to this thread I'd like to post an idea that is already being discussed and that will most probably be realized. Since the ambition of DesignContest.net is to become the largest and the most successful Design Contest website, we are planning to add all types of graphic design products to the list of the contests that we can run here.
We used to have website and print design contests in the "old system", that is as simple forum threads, though this proved to be inefficient. So the only typo of contest that really works now is Logo Design. And that what DesignContest.net has been known for and this is what we do best... for now. But we are planning to develop a system that will allow us to run all types of contests from icon design to WordPress themes.

#2 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

Its really Sad for the Webdesign & The Print/Marketing Materials that it didn't work so well, Yeah I have heard that DC is well Known for the Logo Contests and 70% of the Internet Users are Signing for the Logo Contests, Sounds you going to close the Webdesign and the Print Contests (sad)

Also I noticed We barely have web designers for the Webdesign contests, or they don't show up, I also noticed the failure of some web design contests because the CH didn't see more Entries instead of choosing from Different Variety of entries

I think you should make a guarantee/non guarantee,and for all like you did with the logo Contests, I remember I was dying to Participate in one of the Web designer Contests but I couldn't because Yet I wasn't Elite, (Just a suggestion)

Regards
-Amr

• Guests

Posted 03 July 2010 - 10:57 AM

Its really Sad for the Webdesign & The Print/Marketing Materials that it didn't work so well, Yeah I have heard that DC is well Known for the Logo Contests and 70% of the Internet Users are Signing for the Logo Contests, Sounds you going to close the Webdesign and the Print Contests (sad)

quite the contrary, we are not going to close this section, but we are going to build a system that will allow us to manage this contests more efficient so that web design and other types of design contests become as successful as logo design contests.

#4 krave

krave

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:13 PM

Do you think you will be open to product design or Pop display?

as a follow up to this thread I'd like to post an idea that is already being discussed and that will most probably be realized. Since the ambition of DesignContest.net is to become the largest and the most successful Design Contest website, we are planning to add all types of graphic design products to the list of the contests that we can run here.
We used to have website and print design contests in the "old system", that is as simple forum threads, though this proved to be inefficient. So the only typo of contest that really works now is Logo Design. And that what DesignContest.net has been known for and this is what we do best... for now. But we are planning to develop a system that will allow us to run all types of contests from icon design to WordPress themes.

#5 tipeapablo

tipeapablo

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 12:45 AM

i think that the best way to have website contest is actually... make one! I know you are rethinking the designcontest website. Why not make a contest for the NEW WEBSITE FOR DESIGN CONTEST, or its maybe too mutch?, i will enter if you do so! :D
And i know that they are some other webdesigner hidden here :cool: lets get them out of bed to the computer!!
I can promisse, YOU WONT REGREAT THE DESICION :)
Again... sorry about my tarzan english...

#6 SwimLeka

SwimLeka

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 03:40 PM

I would love to see some packaging contests on here. Also as far as web contests, maybe a simple solution is to run one at a time and upload to a specific ftp site. This way the client can look at the "working" sites and decide which they like best. Also, when and if a winner is chosen, simply remove the sites from the ftp to make room for a new contest.

#7 Aleph

Aleph

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:06 PM

Packaging contest... sounds good.
Aleph

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users