Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Which payment method would you prefer as a designer?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

Poll: How would you like to withdraw your prize money from DesignContest? (71 member(s) have cast votes)

How would you like to withdraw your prize money from DesignContest?

1. via PayPal (37 votes [52.11%])

Percentage of vote: 52.11%

2. MoneyBookers (13 votes [18.31%])

Percentage of vote: 18.31%

3. Western Union (11 votes [15.49%])

Percentage of vote: 15.49%

4. AlertPay (1 votes [1.41%])

Percentage of vote: 1.41%

5. Bank account transfer (5 votes [7.04%])

Percentage of vote: 7.04%

6. Cheque via regular post (3 votes [4.23%])

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

7. Other (1 votes [1.41%])

Percentage of vote: 1.41%

Vote

• Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

Those of you who follow our updates know that we are working on some large modifications to our website to make it easier to use both for our clients and designers.
To create an efficient (and hopefully automatic) system to withdraw your prize money when you win a contest we would like to know what would be the most convenient way for designers to withdraw money.
I have put some of the most common options in this poll, but I really hope to create some kind of discussion here. It is important to know that we are not planning to pick only one payment method (if we had to, that would probably be PayPal), we will add several options anyways, but it's good to know the advantages and disadvantages of each payment method for designers. So when you choose your option in the poll, please, also post a couple of lines to explain why you voted that way.

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:08 PM

I have always used paypal but also moneygram. I have had more clients use moneygram this past month than paypal. I think as far as ease goes paypal is the cheapest easiest and fasted way to go, for me any way.

Like us on facebook

#3 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:16 PM

Since i have (and few designers here) a problem with paypal being not available where we live..i have to go with western union as the only available alternative for me right now..sadly it can't be automatic..
i suggested Moneygram earlier to Sergey as a payment option as it cost less than WU & it's the same process..
but the only disadvantage of MoneyGram is that it has limited location in every country ..compared to WU.

thou, If my bank account can accept dollars i'd be more than glad with this option.

wouldn't go with cheque in regular post at all..bcuz it have big chances getting lost in mail..at least at my end!
other options i guess more save & let designers feel more comfortable.

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#4 imar183

imar183

Banned

• Banned
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:28 PM

PayPal is not supported in my country and even some from this area, I voted for MoneyBookers because it is a small fee and can use it most of the countries of my region. WU is good, but take a big fee :(

#5 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

Well I had a problem with Paypal first, But I managed to solve it, But honestly I prefer MoneyBookers! Thats a nice thread btw :p

#6 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:50 PM

But also wish that the companies could choose between Euro and US Dollars. Especially some of the money transfers ask money to converse from US dollars to Euro and the otherway around. Cause if there is a European company holding a contest the current state is that they would change from Euro to US Dollars which make the money it loose bit of the percentage then if a Designer live in Europe and change USD to Euro will loose some again.

#7 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

I have never heard of moneybookers, I need to look at that one. Moneygram is used more and more here in the states and I the fee is only 9.95, as far as cheapest, paypal I think is the cheapest here. western union is bad with fees, very expensive.

Like us on facebook

#8 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

i'd like to ask how a bank transfer would work ?? u only need my bank acc number? besides bank name & info of course?

if some one know how it works exactly ..& if it worked fine for them!!

♥ Selma ♥

#9 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:48 PM

Well someone sent me a wire transfer from England to Egypt, They need your Bank account number, Bank Swift code, and Bank Address, After this person request a transfer from his bank to you, the bank gives him a swift code for this Transaction, he should be giving you that code, Its for Monitoring the money Transfer log, Just like when you watch your order.

All i had to do is; I went to my bank, I Gave them the Swift code for that Transaction & the Bank address then it took like 3-4 business day to receive the cash in my bank account, And guess what? My Bank opened Another Account for me in "USD" Currency to receive the money in "USD", which is really cool :)

Hope this info helps you :)
  • like an angel likes this

#10 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:18 PM

thanks Amr really :)
i knew about this SWIFT numbers..but didn't knew how they actually work !
anyways, i'd take this option in mind for future payments..i wouldn't mind the little delay compared to WU ridiculous fees X(..
BTW AMR , what about bank fees? how much should i expect?

& for Administration: would bank transfers be an appropriate method of payment for ur part as well?

♥ Selma ♥

#11 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:43 PM

If you're receiving Wire Transfer(Bank Transfer) then its FREE!, If you're the one who Transfer Money to other account, then the minimum is $20 you cannot transfer amount less than that, and there is no Fees. My Successful Transaction was received via Barclay's Bank and they did not charge me a cent xD

-Amr

thanks Amr really :)
i knew about this SWIFT numbers..but didn't knew how they actually work !
anyways, i'd take this option in mind for future payments..i wouldn't mind the little delay compared to WU ridiculous fees X(..
BTW AMR , what about bank fees? how much should i expect?

& for Administration: would bank transfers be an appropriate method of payment for ur part as well?

#12 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:23 PM

If you're receiving Wire Transfer(Bank Transfer) then its FREE!, If you're the one who Transfer Money to other account, then the minimum is $20 you cannot transfer amount less than that, and there is no Fees. My Successful Transaction was received via Barclay's Bank and they did not charge me a cent xD

-Amr

good to hear :o thanks Amr
Hopefully (NSGB) can do that for me too !

♥ Selma ♥

#13 blissbrisk

blissbrisk

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:47 PM

Moneybookers rulez!

#14 WhisperingSage

WhisperingSage

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:51 PM

I like PayPal, it's fast and easy and secure, and they have a very good policy. Plus you can now get a PayPal debit card. For those that do not have PayPal available, contact them! They might be willing to expand if they know there is a need.

#15 Unkei

Unkei

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

Only PayPal for me.

#16 arkzai

arkzai

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:27 PM

Paypal

#17 reenadkl

reenadkl

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:31 PM

i prefer paypal

#18 nhr

nhr

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 394 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 05:38 PM

For those that do not have PayPal available, contact them! They might be willing to expand if they know there is a need.

Good joke. Paypal has been contacted many times in past couple of years via serious groups & petitions... Still nothing :(

Paypal is probably best choice for "local" payments in USA or between couple of countries.

If you want to be serious, if you want to be global, if you want very small fees for every transaction - then choose Moneybookers.

This is based on my very good experience :)

#19 reenadkl

reenadkl

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:02 PM

well, i have used paypal several times before and never had any problem...

#20 Harcane

Harcane

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

I think Bank Account Transfer/Cheque Via Post is the way to go.

/Kieran.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users