• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ChrizShioniz

ChrizShioniz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:23 PM

I am confused about submitting logo submissions. i understand that we use Vector because of the geomatry based rendering is better for the client. I am guessing we use the .SVG format? What i don't understand is the official canvas file. Does that file contain the texture and the sizes of the submissions?
Thanks for any responses!
Chris:confused:

#2 dvalladao

dvalladao

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:44 AM

I would like to get an answer to the above question as well. I downloaded the canvas, is is just the perfered format for the background, or does it serve some purpose that I am unaware of?

#3 ChrizShioniz

ChrizShioniz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

i am glad I am not only one wondering about this. Thanks dvalladao. Hope we don't need it so much!

#4 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 09:44 PM

Hi Chriz

Yes all designs must be created in a vector format and posted in the official logo canvas.
Check this 2 links, it will help you :)

DesignContest.net Guidelines For Creating Logos

DesignContest.net Entering Professional Contests

Good luck

#5 ChrizShioniz

ChrizShioniz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:38 AM

i am getting a better understanding of the vector format. I use to use paint.net but that is a raster based program so I am going to use Inkscape for now. It is a vector program. And NO switching between the two! ok. Now, do I need to install the Canvas we need or do I apply the Canvas as a layer under my graphics? Very important.

#6 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

i am getting a better understanding of the vector format. I use to use paint.net but that is a raster based program so I am going to use Inkscape for now. It is a vector program. And NO switching between the two! ok. Now, do I need to install the Canvas we need or do I apply the Canvas as a layer under my graphics? Very important.

You need to use a vector program like Freehand, Illustrator or CorelDraw to create your designs.
Download and open/import the canvas.
Check the contests to see hoe it works.

Please do not submit wrong files.
Good luck

#7 ChrizShioniz

ChrizShioniz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 12:58 AM

i would like to try a simple, pure vector design submission, but, do I just use the .SVG format? I imported the canvas file and that worked out well. but, don't know how to make the image in flat color. Can i submit it to someone to check format, etc... so that I do not get punished for submitting a corrupt design?
Still using Inkscape and they have many format options. Thank you for all the help!

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:13 AM

Flat color is just that flat color, no gradients or effects

Like us on facebook

#9 ChrizShioniz

ChrizShioniz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:31 AM

thank you! very very helpful. Now, what format should I use to upload my submission? .SVG? JPG?

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:32 AM

All the info you need is here on this page

Down toward the bottom you will find the info you are looking for. Now I bet you wonder why I just didn't say what file format...I wanted you to read through the info on the page link I posted. That info is very important read.

Like us on facebook

#11 bluescorpion

bluescorpion

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

hi. my problem is that I use freehand mx, but the canvus i downloaded has got no .fh11 file in it. however, there's one eps file that opens in freehand, but it shows only one blank image in it. do i have a solution so that i can continue working in freehand, or should i shift to illustrator?

#12 ChrizShioniz

ChrizShioniz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 03:41 AM

I figured out the Canvas file, but, I try to submit in .ai, .svg, .eps, and always get an error. Can I submit a logo in .png format?

#13 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:01 AM

The link in the reply I gave has all the info you need.

To upload an entry to the contest save a copy of your vector file as a jpg sized 640x480. if you read through the page from the link you will get all of this information

All the info you need is here on this page

Down toward the bottom you will find the info you are looking for. Now I bet you wonder why I just didn't say what file format...I wanted you to read through the info on the page link I posted. That info is very important read.

Like us on facebook

#14 soldation2010

soldation2010

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 03:43 PM

Hi Chriz

Yes all designs must be created in a vector format and posted in the official logo canvas.
Check this 2 links, it will help you :)

DesignContest.net Guidelines For Creating Logos

Good luck

Thanks for the links ZukiH! Once I have them, I don't need other advice! And moreover, I won't bother with the same "newbie" questions ....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: canvas, client, confused, submissions, vector

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users