I need some critique

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 Kira22

Kira22

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 04:22 PM

1st one looks to be traced.... 2nd one... great job....... smart way using brush.........

thank you...... the first one is not traced. Do you mean the trace thing in illustrator? Live trace??
When you use live trace on picture it usually creates the most accurate paths (shapes) you can get. The result is that the prog "tries" to make them accurate, but in fact they're not. In live trace I could never get as smooth vector shapes as in this picture. BTW whole picture was created in PS, not in illustrator so I couldn't access this option. I tried to make it in illustrator, but I wasn't experienced enough to work with it.

#22 lelakijitet

lelakijitet

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:29 PM

thank you...... the first one is not traced. Do you mean the trace thing in illustrator? Live trace??
When you use live trace on picture it usually creates the most accurate paths (shapes) you can get. The result is that the prog "tries" to make them accurate, but in fact they're not. In live trace I could never get as smooth vector shapes as in this picture. BTW whole picture was created in PS, not in illustrator so I couldn't access this option. I tried to make it in illustrator, but I wasn't experienced enough to work with it.

sory if u mind...... what im try to say is. that ur work look to be traced... not traced....... perhaps its can cleared u... btw.... wish i can learn some from u in recent.... thanks.....

#23 Kira22

Kira22

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 09:41 PM

sory if u mind...... what im try to say is. that ur work look to be traced... not traced....... perhaps its can cleared u... btw.... wish i can learn some from u in recent.... thanks.....

Ah, okay... sorry I didn't understand it properly :( ;)

#24 Duchley

Duchley

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:23 PM

esta genial,es muy agradable, ya que manejas muy bien la limpieza, te fijas en los detalles, en fin eres muy buena en lo que haces

#25 Kira22

Kira22

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 06:36 PM

esta genial,es muy agradable, ya que manejas muy bien la limpieza, te fijas en los detalles, en fin eres muy buena en lo que haces

thank you very much, I'm glad to hear that ;) I always love to focus on the details. That's the best part :)

#26 artbymike

artbymike

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

So... here it goes, these are my two works that I consider really good and that's why I need critique. Because they not might be that good as I expect them to be..

This first is made from vectors, created mainly in Photoshop (since I couldn't work very well with Illustrator in that time) and then I put all the layers into Illustrator and finished it.
It was my first try, I've never done vector pictures before.

I tend to like images with a bit of mystery, and this fits the bill very well. I like it:)

#27 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

Just one word...great

#28 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36594 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 10:18 AM

Can you add me kissing with Johnny, please?:)

Now seriously, You did a great job, and it's a hard work. Probably many artists - painters would be very grim now. I also had doubts about using computer as tool or media for art, since I have expirience with painting. But I have realized it is completely new way for making a real art. The truth is - it is different atmosphere, but still it is very real, and hard work as much as brush and live color.

#29 Kira22

Kira22

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 09:36 PM

Can you add me kissing with Johnny, please?:)

Now seriously, You did a great job, and it's a hard work. Probably many artists - painters would be very grim now. I also had doubts about using computer as tool or media for art, since I have expirience with painting. But I have realized it is completely new way for making a real art. The truth is - it is different atmosphere, but still it is very real, and hard work as much as brush and live color.

You're right. It is completely different with traditional paintings and with the digital ones. I'm not sure if I could make this the traditional way, because I use eraser a lot. I mean A LOT!!! :D My way for creating image is learning and studying what I have done, then erase it partially and do it better way. Or I just paint over it. Usually you can't to it in traditional paintings because you'd have just ugly image with too much paint on it :( I'm still in the long learning stage when I'm not that good with proportions and light, but I'm way better in drawing light than in the beginning I think :)
So in fact I think traditional art is way harder to create and that I wouldn't be able to do it myself.
And thank you for your critique, I'm very happy to hear that ;)

Do you want kissing johnny picture? Like should I draw it? :D

#30 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

I think this is wonderful work. I know how hard it is to create this type of work. I do both traditional and digital. He media has its pros and cons. My problem is doing one or the other too long before working the other media. If I work digital too long I end up looking for the undo or erase button on my canvas. If I work traditional a long time and then go to digital I end just painting over the whole thing to start over and then kick myself after I remember the undo button

Like us on facebook

#31 Kira22

Kira22

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

I think this is wonderful work. I know how hard it is to create this type of work. I do both traditional and digital. He media has its pros and cons. My problem is doing one or the other too long before working the other media. If I work digital too long I end up looking for the undo or erase button on my canvas. If I work traditional a long time and then go to digital I end just painting over the whole thing to start over and then kick myself after I remember the undo button

Exactly :D now when I wrote the reply on previous post I was like "what the hell, I should try pencils again" so I started to draw and after 5 seconds I wanted to hit my shortcut for eraser and clear a bit. :D I had to pick an actual eraser and erase it. It was a messy image.
I don't have problems the other way around but I'm sure after some time with traditional work I'd be putting my tablet pen down and search my work table for an eraser :o

#32 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36594 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

You're right. It is completely different with traditional paintings and with the digital ones. I'm not sure if I could make this the traditional way, because I use eraser a lot. I mean A LOT!!! :D My way for creating image is learning and studying what I have done, then erase it partially and do it better way. Or I just paint over it. Usually you can't to it in traditional paintings because you'd have just ugly image with too much paint on it :( I'm still in the long learning stage when I'm not that good with proportions and light, but I'm way better in drawing light than in the beginning I think :)
So in fact I think traditional art is way harder to create and that I wouldn't be able to do it myself.
And thank you for your critique, I'm very happy to hear that ;)

Do you want kissing johnny picture? Like should I draw it? :D

Oh, both ways, both art concepts are really hard work. Everything is in perception (light, shapes, shadows, perspective, colors, anatomy..) and constant practise of eye, mind & hand.

And darling, yes, draw me, only... I don't want kissing Johnny... but Johnny kissing me:p
:)

#33 Kira22

Kira22

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:47 AM

Oh, both ways, both art concepts are really hard work. Everything is in perception (light, shapes, shadows, perspective, colors, anatomy..) and constant practise of eye, mind & hand.

And darling, yes, draw me, only... I don't want kissing Johnny... but Johnny kissing me:p
:)

oh..... that's gonna be a challenge !! :D
I'll send you my email in PM
Send me your photo - preferably in a kissing pose. You can send me even your normal photo as a reference, but I'm really not sure about the accuracy and since I don't know you I couldn't tell the difference :D You can send me even more than one photo (from different angles), so I can make sure I'm drawing you right :)
One more thing - do you want to print it out? If yes tell me how big it's gonna be like so I can draw it in the right size.

Now I'm having exams in school, they end at the end of January so I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish to picture. But I hope soon enough, there are also Christmas ^^

And please, don't have too high expectations from the result, I've never drawn a pic on a request and I've never drawn kissing people! :o

#34 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36594 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:38 AM

oh..... that's gonna be a challenge !! :D
I'll send you my email in PM
Send me your photo - preferably in a kissing pose. You can send me even your normal photo as a reference, but I'm really not sure about the accuracy and since I don't know you I couldn't tell the difference :D You can send me even more than one photo (from different angles), so I can make sure I'm drawing you right :)
One more thing - do you want to print it out? If yes tell me how big it's gonna be like so I can draw it in the right size.

Now I'm having exams in school, they end at the end of January so I'm not sure when I'll be able to finish to picture. But I hope soon enough, there are also Christmas ^^

And please, don't have too high expectations from the result, I've never drawn a pic on a request and I've never drawn kissing people! :o

Dear Kira, I was joking a bit, but we can arrange drawing for some other time:). Your exams are way too important. Girl you have to study, January is very, very close.

#35 Kira22

Kira22

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 12:05 PM

Dear Kira, I was joking a bit, but we can arrange drawing for some other time:). Your exams are way too important. Girl you have to study, January is very, very close.

ah okay :D but the exams are not so bad.... well mostly .. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users