How to withdraw entry?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 firdol

firdol

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

i cannot find any button to remove my entry, i just found "x" and "comment" icon. Is ok if i'm just klik "x" and put message wrong entry?

#2 cobalt

cobalt

• Designer
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

you can't. My advice, always check your entries before submitting ... You'll get used to it :)

#3 firdol

firdol

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:43 AM

you can't. My advice, always check your entries before submitting ... You'll get used to it :)

hehe thanks for your reply cobalt. Okay, i quess that's the only way to solve this problem.

#4 cobalt

cobalt

• Designer
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 01:06 PM

Actually , Admins can remove your entry. I suppose they receive a notification when you marked it , but anyway what's in your portfolio can't be deleted.Even if it's designs you're not very proud of :p.

#5 plasticity

plasticity

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:02 PM

this ducking sucks that you cannot remove your entries. so DC think they ow my design? it smells like they are thieves. Logos are owned by their creators and they should be allowed to withdraw anytime. If this system has such stupid rules, then i am glad i havent submited logos yet

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

this ducking sucks that you cannot remove your entries. so DC think they ow my design? it smells like they are thieves. Logos are owned by their creators and they should be allowed to withdraw anytime. If this system has such stupid rules, then i am glad i havent submited logos yet

I am going to point out that this forum will not stand for language of your insinuated, changing the letter to a "D" does nothing when we know what the word is. Please refrain from this type of language! We have minors that read and are active in this forum.

Can you please tell me where on this site it says "we, designcontests" owns the designs submitted by our designers? Designcontest does not ever own designs submitted by designers. The designs you upload are owned by the designer that created the design unless it wins a contest. If the design wins a contest then the rights are transfered over to the contest holder. We require the designers to leave the entry up for at least a month. Doing this allows new contest holder to see the quality our designers put in the contests. This is a benefit to you as a designer as well!

Our old system did not allow deletion of entries but with this new launch the option is now there. Please read through our knowledgebase concerning copyright and ownership and terms of service before posting such comments Knowledgebase - Powered by DesignContest.com

Like us on facebook

#7 firdol

firdol

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

@plasticity: hmmm... full of hatred. You shold come here more often and know the staff better. they are good person.
@sharie:umm.. it is possible to withdraw my design in 1 week after the contest end? i justthink 1 month is too long.

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

The reason for 1 month is so new contest holders can see the quality and number of design in a contest. Look at it this way....A new contestholder scrolling through recent contests that have ended in the past past month and see a bunch of grey boxes. Seeing no designs will send the contest holder to a different site so that means less contests for you to enter.

If you sell a design you have entered I have no problem removing the entry before 1 month. I do hope you understand the reason to keep the entries in the contest for 1 month

Like us on facebook

#9 darajingga

darajingga

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:59 PM

hhhmm i month... how about 2 weeks? i want use my design that didn'nt win on DC, and i want submt into other site.. is that ok?

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

sorry 1 month

Like us on facebook

#11 GoldenZ

GoldenZ

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

lol, Did you read what Sharie wrote? lol the design is owned by you unless it picked up as a Winner design. then you cannot use it on any other websites. So basically If your design didn't won at all, you can use it somewhere else, Because DC doesn't own it, Its yours :p

Isn't that right Sharie? :)

#12 darajingga

darajingga

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 01:49 AM

lol, Did you read what Sharie wrote? lol the design is owned by you unless it picked up as a Winner design. then you cannot use it on any other websites. So basically If your design didn't won at all, you can use it somewhere else, Because DC doesn't own it, Its yours :p

Isn't that right Sharie? :)

lol.. oke.. i want ask how about designer ask ch for feedback on comment page, is that ok?

Edited by darajingga, 15 March 2011 - 01:51 AM.
forget to qoute..

#13 trout8

trout8

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:09 AM

i just submitted a design to a contest. but unfortunately i realized that there is a similar design already entered. i have contacted DC admin indicating that i want to withdraw the design. in the comment area, i pointed out the similarity and said that i want to withdraw the design...and apologized to the other designer. what else can i do?

even if i tried to withdraw the design, will i still get negative design points?

#14 darajingga

darajingga

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:05 AM

i just submitted a design to a contest. but unfortunately i realized that there is a similar design already entered. i have contacted DC admin indicating that i want to withdraw the design. in the comment area, i pointed out the similarity and said that i want to withdraw the design...and apologized to the other designer. what else can i do?

even if i tried to withdraw the design, will i still get negative design points?

maybe if we check n recheck first before submiting it would eliminate similiar design w/ other contestan..
negatif points? ask sharie he knows... :cool:

#15 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:45 PM

lol.. oke.. i want ask how about designer ask ch for feedback on comment page, is that ok?

Thank you for bring this up but it is NOT okay to ask for feedback. The comments box should be used to ask the CH a question or explain the idea behind your design only. Keep your comments friendly and professional.

Those type of comments are not necessary and the CH knows they are suppose to leave feedback and don't like having to read a lot of those meaningless comments.

This is done to keep the thread clean and easier to find CH comments rather than read a lot of "My first entry" or "I hope you like it, feedback please" "Thanks for the feedback!" etc.

This should help too - Rules for Commenting in a Contest Page - Powered by DesignContest.com

Infractions can be given for this and multiple infractions can lead to a site ban so please read our rules. Thanks and good luck!

#16 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

: ) sharie is a gal

Like us on facebook

#17 darajingga

darajingga

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

Thank you for bring this up but it is NOT okay to ask for feedback. The comments box should be used to ask the CH a question or explain the idea behind your design only. Keep your comments friendly and professional.

Those type of comments are not necessary and the CH knows they are suppose to leave feedback and don't like having to read a lot of those meaningless comments.

This is done to keep the thread clean and easier to find CH comments rather than read a lot of "My first entry" or "I hope you like it, feedback please" "Thanks for the feedback!" etc.

This should help too - Rules for Commenting in a Contest Page - Powered by DesignContest.com

Infractions can be given for this and multiple infractions can lead to a site ban so please read our rules. Thanks and good luck!

yes sir, :) im just newbie in here..

: ) sharie is a gal

ops sorry galz.. lol

#18 tanu

tanu

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:24 AM

i just used the upper right corner side red mark over my entry to report it...should I get infractions for this ??? The new framework has been confusing me like mad.My head is too small and i cant figure out whom am i reporting it,where it goes etc etc.Plz someone educate me .

#19 creativearts

creativearts

• Designer
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:24 PM

Its happens with me too. But in my case I didnt contacted admin, but searching for withdraw button. Earlly morning when I woke up and check my mail box for goodnews I found infrigment points. This is my first comment in forum. because I found this forum button in homepage only now. The small buttons on rightside are completely invisible for me for more than month. Hopefully I will be active here and will understand more about this community. Thanks and best wishes to all.

#20 creativearts

creativearts

• Designer
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thanks for the link Stev

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users