• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:41 AM

With the new site and changes come new rules. Some of these new rules you all will like very much! Please take the time to read through the knowledgebase.

A note to all designers: The canvas isn't a requirement anymore. Entries are now 1 design per entry. Please read through our knowledgebase Designer Guidelines - Powered by DesignContest.com and while you are reading through this article please take the time to read through the other articles concerning our rules and guidelines Knowledgebase - Powered by DesignContest.com You can find the knowledgebase at anytime by looking up top of any page in the header section, click on "HELP" choose knowledgebase. There is a great deal of information that should be read by everyone.

Like us on facebook

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

Just bringing this back up top for a reminder to all designers

Like us on facebook

#3 Stev27

Stev27

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:22 PM

Bumping thread so designers can read the rules. Please take the time to read our knowledgebase. Use the links that Sharie provides in the first post. Thanks.

#4 Alok

Alok

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 03:26 AM

Got it.

#5 deldesigns

deldesigns

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

Hi. I had 2 of my designs deleted for an infraction. I missed the rule on backgrounds. Also, I don't quite understand the rule. But I'll submit new ones. Thanks.

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

Thank you for posting

The background rule: no backgrounds allowed unless requested by the contestholder What I can NOT use on my designs - Powered by DesignContest.com

If the background color is part of the design then the design is allowed. How is it determined part of the design......does the design need the background to be a complete design, if the CH were to pick the design then the completed design would have to have the background, You can tell if the background is part of the design or just there to help the design look better or stand out a bit

Like us on facebook

#7 deldesigns

deldesigns

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:42 PM

I see said the blind man. Thanks for that clarification. So it must be assumed in designer world that using said background and other prohibited items may give an unfair advantage to a designer or distort the actual design to influence the contest holder. Ok. I understand. Other sites allow backgrounds so I by habit added one. I'll make sure on this site I leave them out.

#8 NyeLynTho

NyeLynTho

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

With the new site and changes come new rules. Some of these new rules you all will like very much! Please take the time to read through the knowledgebase.

A note to all designers: The canvas isn't a requirement anymore. Entries are now 1 design per entry. Please read through our knowledgebase Designer Guidelines - Powered by DesignContest.com and while you are reading through this article please take the time to read through the other articles concerning our rules and guidelines Knowledgebase - Powered by DesignContest.com You can find the knowledgebase at anytime by looking up top of any page in the header section, click on "HELP" choose knowledgebase. There is a great deal of information that should be read by everyone.

Regarding the "You are now allowed to have a total of 7 design entries per contest plus any revisions the contest holder asks for." portion, if I have uploaded a total of 7 designs and then the CH requests a change does he have control over allowing that 8th post or do I have to submit a request of some sort?

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:18 AM

Hi there,

Each time the contestholder marks one of your entries "I want to see a revision" you will receive +1 entry for that contest, in addition to your original 7 entries to that contest. If the CH marks the entry "wrong direction" then no additional entries. You do not need to ask for extra entries and should not ask in the contest comment area. If the Ch is asking for revised entries but has not marked the entries then send us a not either through the help ticket or feedback option or even come to live chat if we are online.

Like us on facebook

#10 NyeLynTho

NyeLynTho

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:20 AM

Okay great thanks!!!

#11 Brendox

Brendox

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

7 entries per contest is a very bad thing for ch and specially for designers. You should let the designers submit how many entries they want... like this ch has has more designs and ideeas to choose from and the designer has more chances to develop or improve his ideeas. Please don't tell us that like this th ch will choose faster the winner or easier. Th ch WANTS more entries per designer NOT just seven, but they don't really know that, do they? This is an example from a contest where I was participating where the ch didn't know that are allowed only 7 entries per designer. I think the contest holders are paying some money in those logo design contest because THEY WANT TO SEE LOTS OF ENTRIES. And YES they want to see how a logo will look on a business card, or different backgrounds, billboards, letterheads and stuff... They just want that!! ..and you don't allow it! Why? ..because it has to be fair for every dsigner??! Then how a designer will learn to improve his skills, just doing a logo on a white background? Let designers make presentations, let them put the logo on everything they think will look good, let them show th chs how their design will look on different backgrounds so the ch's will know how to build their website.. because most of them start first with the logo. Like this the newest designers will see and learn more and more.. and the contest holders will be very satisfied with a profesional logo presentation that doesn't include only a banal white background. And again CUT this thing with only 7 entries per designer, it's nonsense. And one more question! Why in the 'Honeyville' contest were allowed more than 7 entries per designer? You are a big logo design website but you can get Bigger, just cut off those restrictions and you will have more great designers and more contest holders...

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:30 PM

vprstudio

you will never run out of entries if the ch marks your entry I want to see a revision. As far as the Honeyville we lifted the limit for a specific reason. I'm not sure what you are complaining about, you complain because there are limits then we have a contest with no limits and you complain?

We will not stop the 7 entry limit. Yes the ch wants to see entries but they want to see quality entries not a bunch of entries that are not of quality.

we will keep our rule of one design/one version in an entry, we will keep the rule of no backgrounds, we will keep our rule of NO mockups in logo contests. If the contest holder requests this then we make an exception for that contest

When the contestholder starts a contest they have the option to have the designers use color backgrounds. If the ch wants the design on a mockup , then they will say that in the brief or general comment to all in the contest. Logo contests are just that logo contests, no showing your design on a mockuped business card.

Follow the rules and we will all get along just fine : )

Like us on facebook

#13 arsOrum

arsOrum

• Designer
  • 3035 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Yes, Sharie, you are right ... there are really no reasons to present the logo on mockuped background, logo should stand for itself on a "banal white background", all the rest is noise.

Unfortunately, many people here does really not know what is a Logo and its purposes.

All the backgrounds and the mockups should be not allowed, unless the Contest Holder demands specifically for it.

#14 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hello to everyone...I am new here and I am bit dissopointed :(

Is there any rules about coping someother design and effort and just modify and submit a his???

please check Nurture me play contest and mine entry # 15 and #44 by Hadeelsa

#15 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

Operhal, of course there is a rule.
Why don't you go to "Chat with Mods" and report the issue, ask for their thoughts.
The only conceptually difference between those 2 designs is a tree in #44... but, there are 4 same elements (font, text positioning, heart and element with "ME" between words, which could be inspiring for making a tree). You should discuss that with Mods & Admins, they will decide whether is copy or not.

#16 operhal

operhal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 754 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:13 PM

Thank you Babba :)

#17 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:59 PM

Not a problem Operhal... Sretno!:)

#18 jctoledo

jctoledo

• Designer
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:32 PM

I think we're going BACK to the old DesignContest.com...
No backgrounds, One design per entry, 7 upload limit (unless the Ch Clicks "I want to see a revision")
And it's fine, no problem mods... This is the rule I begun with....it must work to every designer:)

#19 Conrad2

Conrad2

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:18 AM

I have not had much time to enter new contests and these new posts are a tad confusing to me. How do the designer levels play into this? I like the limits, the no backgrounds, the no mock-ups, especially on the logo contests. It seems though, every time I turn around someone is violating these and no one stops it. I hate to be the whistle blower because that makes me look like an insecure upstart, which I'm not, but I would like to see a better reinforcement of the rules.

#20 zacly

zacly

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:38 PM

not a fan of the 2 week inactivity rule!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users