• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Elmo

Elmo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 03:57 PM

I will shortly be looking to have a contest for a logo for a new site I am working on.

I need a new logo (of course) plus some buttons for vbulletin.

In total it will be around 20 ish buttons (not sure exactly until I get vbulletin and see which ones I want customised.)

Most of these buttons can be split into a couple of groups, so the style would be the same for them with just the text changing.

My question is regarding a good price for this contest. I want to pay enough to get good interest and ensure the designer is well compensated for the work, but dont want to blow too much money on it.

I see the reccomended amount for a logo is $100 up, so I am looking for suggestions as to what people think would be a fair amount of money for the work.

I dont need any work done on the skinning or templates as I can take care of that myself, just need the buttons and logos done.

• Guests

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:19 PM

For logo and icons I would recommend to go at $150, however the higher the prize the better result you can expect - that's how it usually works.

#3 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 04:52 PM

$150 is a good amount - but I think an even greater prize would call more attention. Currently we have two logo contests that are hovering around the $100 - $150 mark, and if people are working on those contests, they may be less inclined to want to work on yours as well.

For the buttons (20 in total) I would suggest a prize around $80 - $100 - and I would also suggest only getting the designers to design 5 buttons for the entries. Rather than having the designers create all 20.. you can get a general idea of which ones you like best, and which ones you would like to pay for by only having them generate 5.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#4 Elmo

Elmo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 05:06 PM

Thanks for your comments. For the buttons I would only ask for a couple of examples as there are a lot that would be the same, just with different text.

One other question, as I would want the logo and buttons to be the same theme (and I have some ideas on incorporating a smaller version of the logo graphic into some of the buttons, which I will make clear when I send the details) should I split this into 2 contests ? I would of thought to ensure the design flows nicely through to bundle it into one. However might this put particiapnts off ?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure the contest is well presented and clear in the objectives.

Thanks
:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users