http://www.ge0man.com/waterise/
--=+\GE0/+=--

#2 David

David

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 November 2004 - 04:58 PM

Let me the first one to commet. This site took me forever to load specially the flash intro. I am not sure if it was my connection or your servers...

The design itself is not that bad. Although there could be very crucial improvements to the actual design. There seems to be a simple shadows under those squares and around the layout itself.

I really like the gradient you used for the buttons below...
Intellix Design Studios
Portfolio: Intellix Design Studios
Current Porject: Global Cricket

#3 gluc0se

gluc0se

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 05:37 PM

I think its actually really nice... Very clean design and the flash loaded quickly for me.. Nice job on the water, fits in well with the rest of the site.

#4 browncat

browncat

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 06:02 PM

I like the graphics but it took much too long to load (on DSL). I don't think a potential customer would stick around long enough to check out the products. Even after waiting for the site to load, I had to scroll down and look for the navigation bar.
browncat.cityclicker.net

BROWN CAT DESIGN

#5 Imagenesis

Imagenesis

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 07:34 PM

I don't think this be considered a finished site since it's not really coded...it's sliced...You can replace tons of the images in the content with proper html code...With all of the white spacer images it TAKES forever to load on a 56k and on DSL its longer then the average site...Anyhow the flash and overall design is quite nice though...

#6 Nemesis

Nemesis

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 November 2004 - 01:16 PM

Looks nice, however the flash took its time loading.

#7 Lord_Gandalf

Lord_Gandalf

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 December 2004 - 09:29 PM

Opera showed 2MB of downloading.....

I'm not too judge, but Flash is most effective when it's quick to load; a few good ways to keep the file size down is to a) use Vector based images, b) optimize your bitmap images and c) Flash gives you the option to manually optimize each image within the library so when you export the movie file sizes of the rastered images are lower.

Just a thought,
LG

#8 DirectorSpence

DirectorSpence

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 December 2004 - 10:20 AM

Generally when people make Flash pages, they make them so the Flash will fit on one screen. Not that you should conform (by any means) but this is a good idea to design around. You don't have to do any scrolling and the links the visitor/client needs to see are right there.

I do like the clean look of the site very much though. Good colors.

#9 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 December 2004 - 01:57 AM

I like it. Very professional looking. It didn't long at all to load for me....might be because I have cable.

#10 creativemeasures

creativemeasures

Banned

• Banned
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 08:28 AM

Hey

It's alrightbut like the others have said...most people won't wait for flash to load.So that means your target group is lost unless there have a high speed contection :(

Cheers
Creative measures

#11 karnetics

karnetics

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 December 2004 - 10:48 PM

I like the site... The color match up is great. But, it seems as if you are missing something. The all around look is great, good animation, and great navigation. But is still seems like some thing is missing

#12 Bugfix.nl

Bugfix.nl

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 December 2004 - 03:38 PM

I think you should add some of the yellow color used on the bottle to make the site a little "warmer"
The site needs a bottom part, its now just suddenly ending, which would be no problem if the shadow would continue all the way to the end of the page...

#13 karl472001

karl472001

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 352 posts

Posted 31 December 2004 - 10:02 PM

The blue and white colors sure go along with the water theme.

I would not recommend putting your navigation at the bottom of the site, as some people on lower resolutions might overlook it.

The site could do with some better optimization or faster hosting...not really sure which one is the problem. It took me around 5+ seconds to load on DSL.

Overall, it is a good site, and I believe it represents the subject very well.

#14 Ge0

Ge0

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 05:46 AM

Thanks Thanks... I will fix the problems..
--=+\GE0/+=--

#15 davegk

davegk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:28 PM

The graphics and general feel are good. I think everything seems to be enlarged more than necessary. If you were to scale down the size of each of the individual flash sections and make the site shorter vertically, it will improve loading time and tighten up the overall effect.

-David
+-------------------------------+
David Goldklang
Musician/Graphic Designer
www.davegk.com
+-------------------------------+

#16 SSFelton

SSFelton

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 55 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 07:55 AM

It did make me want to drink 'premium grade water throughout the day' and I am a sucker for a cute killer whale..... :)

The loading is a sticking point though - it did take longer than I would have expected, and I have 1meg broadband.
Visit my site in progress..... coming soon to SSF Design

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users