blind contest

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 pbasset1977

pbasset1977

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'm really new here and forgive me if this has been answered, but I recently entered a blind contest in the website design category. The contest ended, but I was wondering what sort of notification we receive when a winner has been determined? Is there a way to see that the contest holder has chosen a winner? I know the rules of the blind contest, in that we can't see each other's designs, just wondering if there is some announcement saying who won?
Thanks in advance

#2 Danitz

Danitz

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

I wish they also show us the winning design when the contest ended and the CH picked the winner.

#3 pbasset1977

pbasset1977

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

I found out the answer earlier today. In case there are other people wondering, you will get a message letting you know which number was selected.

@Danitz, congratulations on the silver and I agree, it would be nice to see the winning design.

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:01 AM

You will see all of the designs once the contest is finalized, meaning the ch has all the files they need and finalize/close the contest.

Like us on facebook

#5 Danitz

Danitz

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

Hi Sharie,

Is it also possible that in blind contest, the rating for all designs be shown, right now it is hard for us designers to tell whats going on, whether if the CH is no longer active or just hasn't give some designs rating, and we need to have an idea how far we are behind from the leading design, this way we could at least have a chance to save time by deciding whether we should still submit designs.

Edited by Danitz, 23 February 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Hi there
I have sent this message in to the programmers

Like us on facebook

#7 rajagee

rajagee

• Designer
  • 225 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

is only the blind contest holder apply the tag of blind or can a designer request to the Contest holder to keep it blind view ?

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:29 PM

designer do request this of the contestholder sometimes, but it is the contestholder choice to choose this option

Thank you

Like us on facebook

#9 Jera

Jera

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:04 AM

Yeah, I agree on you guys, sometimes you want to see the winning design but it is blind contest you can't also see the winner.

#10 laysonruth

laysonruth

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:07 AM

It will be nice to see the CH's chosen winner from the blind contest. That way, we can determine the taste and the preferences of that CH.

#11 cfmenz

cfmenz

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:32 AM

That is a good point. You should be able to see where you rank. And I think it would be ok if after the contest was over, the designs were no longer blind. I get that it is beneficial for a wider variety of designs during the contest and no blatant plageri, but once it is over it can be very helpful for the designers to see all the designs, not just the winning entry. We learn from seeing new work and once a contest is over I see no reason for an entry to still be blind.

#12 MikeDaRock

MikeDaRock

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

In a blind contest sometimes everything is blind, the design and the rates and even the coments. There's no way to know what the Ch wants to go, besids de brief.

#13 JNGETORRES

JNGETORRES

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

Hi!, I'm new here too, and I don't understand how work the scoring system in contests, if I can help are grateful. Greetings from JNGETORRES

#14 JonG303

JonG303

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I'm loving the blind contests. A year ago we didn't have them on this site.

#15 Judapa

Judapa

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

It will be nice to see the CH's chosen winner from the blind contest. That way, we can determine the taste and the preferences of that CH.

#16 janedoe

janedoe

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

I only like blind contests; I noticed on this contest Geology.com Homepage, geology.com, that the comments are all blind accept Webstar's; there are about 25 comments. Any reason for this?
Thanks JaneDoe

#17 aminhaz

aminhaz

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Its a good idea. I want so. Thanks

#18 Judapa

Judapa

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

I wish they also show us the winning design when the contest ended and the CH picked the winner.

#19 SiPilyo

SiPilyo

Banned

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:07 PM

yes! it is all possible! :D

#20 Rhetor

Rhetor

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:15 PM

I think all contests should be blind to stimulate designers imagination, sometimes a contest turn into a huge brain storming in which most of the designers work to improve the same idea...just saying:D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blind contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users