Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Exciting upgrade

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

Guys, I am very excited to announce that today we'll be launching a major DesignContest upgrade. It will concern both the look and functionality. We hope that DC will be even easier to use for both our designers and clients.

The upgrade will require us to close the website for a couple of hours so I would like to apologize in advance for any inconvenience it may cause.

After the upgrade we'll also need your help to track down any bugs that may occur so that we could fix them right away.

• Guests

Posted 08 April 2012 - 03:12 PM

the new website is now live! Hope that you will like it as much as we do. But even if you hate it, do share your thoughts with us in this thread.

Please also report any bugs that you may find. Thanks!

#3 ZukiH

ZukiH

Guru

• Designer
  • 1178 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

Hi there!

I see theres a lot of changes around here! Congratz on your new website.
I wish i had time to work with you guys. I miss DC!

Keep up the good work ;)

ZukiH

• Guests

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Thanks a lot!
We would love to see you back. Even if you don't have time to participate in the contests drop by on the forums to chat or just to say hi!

#5 libbyelliott

libbyelliott

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

In Firefox the homepage is all text. I've tried it on multiple computers using Firefox, and the result is the same. It seems there are many bugs with the new site in Firefox. Has it been tested using this browser?

• Guests

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:01 PM

it has been tested by many users in firefox and other browsers and it worked fine for us. We are still catching small bugs here and there, but in general it seems to be working ok.
So we'll need some more details from you to understand where this bug comes from.

#7 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Congrats resurepus

The new DC is very nice ^_^ i loved the old look as well ..but the new look is great too
the only thing that bugs me is the light gray font that is used at some places around the site
may be it's only me..but i can barely read it on my browser (oprera)!!

but other than that .. everything is OK

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#8 libbyelliott

libbyelliott

• Designer
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

I cleared my Firefox cache and that seemed to fix the homepage problem I was having. Thanks for your help.

• Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

I am glad to hear that!
Do let us know if you find anything else.

#10 kuci_inc

kuci_inc

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 11:39 AM

hello,
i seem to have some problems with the recently upgraded DesignContest website.

first of all some pages only load in text format (like the account homepage, portfolio, and some contests pages).

second issue: the pages load slower than the old version and some contest pages don't load at all. i do have a slower internet speed but the old version worked just fine.

third issue: it seems that were eliminated some features of the website like the DesignContest portfolio where were uploaded all the contest winning designs. it was very useful when you weren't following a contest but wanted to see what design won.

and at last.. in the account menu there is that drop down menu CONTESTS.... and in the drop down menu appear all the contests that i have entered. the problem is that when you enter 15-20 contests you have to scroll a lot to reach the READ MESSAGE and BROWSE ALL CONTESTS links.

other than that i like the new design
"All that lives must die"

• Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:40 PM

kuci_inc, john10, we are aware of the speed issue and we hope to fix it in the next few days. Thanks for reporting though!

john10, we have not yet thoroughly tested website in Opera, so do let us know if you notice ano other issues.

kuci_inc, portfolio has been removed indeed, but you can always "follow" a contest that interests you and you will be notified when the winner is selected.

as for the menu, I will admit that when working on it we did not consider how productive our designers are. we'll redo the design of that section to make it more usable with large number of contests.

#12 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Thanks for all the hard work to make DC a better experience for us ^_^

i only have one more problem.. just like kuci_inc i have (some pages are only loading text format) issue!!
i have this problem at work (where only ie7 is available!) not every browser do that!!

Keep up the great work

♥ Selma ♥

• Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

Selma, thanks for mentioning the browser - this will help us fix the problem faster. We are on it!

• Guests

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

just want to let you guys know that if you have this issue with pages loading in text only - clear your browser's cash.

#15 rdeelasian

rdeelasian

• Designer
  • 19 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:43 AM

I am currently using IE7, before the website upgrade I can open DC.
But now I cannot open the site, but I can go to forum page. :(

• Guests

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:55 AM

rdeelasian, have you tried clearing your browser's cash?

#17 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

I don't know if this was your guys intention but when you are at the main DC page and you click on "Contest" and then click on "Browse All Contest" it will take you to the "All Contest List". Now lets say you see a contest you would like to view, so you click on it. But now it takes you to that Contest Category then you have to find that contest again just to view the actual contest. Was this supposed to be that way. Cause it just seems to be a pain.

Also I know the old site had it where the CH could give a description of what they were look for in a design. And now all the have is just some sliders to show what they are looking for. Is there still a description box. Because I thought it was easier to get a idea of what they wanted when the told us physically what they were looking for. And they were able to provide links and what not.

• Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

Squewheet, in the contest list there are two links in each cell to the contest (this link is larger) and to the contest category, which you must be clicking. This actually is no different from how it worked in the previous version of DC.

As for the contest brief, I see what you are talking about. We will be observing this for a couple of weeks to collect some more data and if it will be proven that the contest holders cannot clearly express what they are looking for in the existing brief format we'll change it.

#19 nhr

nhr

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 394 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:49 AM

Hi guys,
nice to see you after long time :D
New DC looks good :)
Is there any way to delete designs from portfolio? I did try but not working... Click on the recycle bin ask me "Are you sure..." but nothing hapends after my confirmation???

#20 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 08:07 AM

Hi guys,
nice to see you after long time :D
New DC looks good :)
Is there any way to delete designs from portfolio? I did try but not working... Click on the recycle bin ask me "Are you sure..." but nothing hapends after my confirmation???

do you mean entries in previous contests!! if so ..you can get to the contest & withdraw your entry/ies but the contest must be over for something between (2weeks to a month) i don't remember!!

♥ Selma ♥

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users