&nsbp;

#1 Dumb Genius

Dumb Genius

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 03:59 PM

URL: http://www.bhsdesign.com

BHS-D[Alien]Version VI is finally released, I hope you like it! I chose a color theme that I don't use very often and tried to improve my Photoshop skills. The XHTML 1.1 coding is also unique and optimized. This time I used DIVs only. There is not even a single table tag used for the layout.

It uses a tech skin but I did it very tech since most the users are gamers and have gaming clan sites even though I also make business/music/pro sites.

The skin has a new navigation system that include 9 Zones. Xero delevoped a new portfolio script that allow you to go quickly to the newest released template, skin, etc...
The user menu is improved for the admins and moderators for their tasks. Also we included a new integrated search field at the bottom of each site page. BHS-D[Alien]Version VI is still mutating but globally, it will be already easier to do what you want in no time without trying to think to much. Since it is different from the previous versions, you'll have to adapt but it shouldn' take too long!

I decided to change the design since we'll soon reach 2000 users.

Obvioulsy coments and critics are welcomed even though I dont think I'll make major changes.

#2 Darkmonkey

Darkmonkey

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2005 - 04:43 PM

Very Nice. You have indeed done well in making a "tech" template. The yellow works really well witrh the dark shades I think, Although it does seem a bit condensed. (The information on the page)
...they're watching you...
Darkmonkey Designs

#3 free

free

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 12:14 AM

I thought the times of such dark sites were gone, the style you used was modern a few years ago. The site lacks an attention to the details. The icons in the top left corner are not completely original, since I've got a few of them on my computer, and practicaly I am using them at the moment.

#4 Dumb Genius

Dumb Genius

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 08:10 PM

The style is still working great lol ;)
We got 182 new users this week and people keeps asking my help so I dont think there is a real probelm of being 'modern' or not. What do you mean by lacks an attention to the details? At what level? I dont get it.

Remember that it's not a 1 page site... There are 196 pages to manage and all are dynamic you can not make them all amazing even if you're skilled enough and you willing it. But I'm interested by your comments and I take them all, good and bad.

#5 IntuitDesign

IntuitDesign

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 09:01 PM

Hello Dumb Genius! — I liked your site. Very slick.
As far as I could see, everything was working well. You have a nice composition, the colors were very good, typography was good. Everything felt related.
For Black Hole Sun Design, whatever that is may have a copyright issue? I'm not sure.
For the top nav, I would integrate the Zone button part with the text under it somehow for each. They felt like a secondary menu.
You have a great eye for design and an excellent control of light in your illustration!

Keep up the great work!

peace
jc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users