Inactivity warning

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 StacieMac

StacieMac

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:41 AM

I got the inactivity warning today. I'll admit it threw me. I am a member of several forums, some I post to daily and some once every few months, but none of them have ever threatened to diminish my user status for not being active enough. It is a bit of a turn-off to be sure.

#22 sonicchronic420

sonicchronic420

• Designer
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

I was able to get the inactivity warning but the wierd thing is DC sent it to my inbox around 5x, received several emails from DC, 5-6 seperate emails. is this normal?

#23 NinjaYeti

NinjaYeti

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 11:53 PM

This system is absolutely ridiculous!! Sometimes we just don't have the time to post in the forums, let alone submit designs. And penalising us for inactivity? In my opinion, it's really really poor form. All you'll get is people posting "thanks" or something similar on those lines to any forum post so they don't get penalised.

That's my post for this forrnight.

/endrant

#24 jsummit

jsummit

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

To better compete with competition, DC needs to do a reward plan ONLY, not penalize designers for inactivity! Many times, there's just not a contest open that's an inspiring fit! Come to think of it, not many contests available at all! DC would do better in rising above the competing sites by going with a REWARD ONLY system for activity and/or lack thereof and keep penalties only for copyright and design violations! I think there would be an increase in designers and contests as a result! The designers are paying customers too as DC get a percentage of the winnings! This 10% penalty could result in a loss of designers!

#25 NinjaYeti

NinjaYeti

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 11:22 PM

Totally agree to the above poster! What is the point in penalising designers because of inactivity? Seriously, there are much better things to worry about that this.

Another post for this fortnight.

#26 polyesterdress

polyesterdress

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Good point, jsummit. I think if they are going to deduct points for lack of activity, they should at least give you the option of freezing your account...like netflix does :) I just don't understand the point of punishing designers for having other things going on. Sometimes there's just not enough contests going on at one time on DC.

#27 jsummit

jsummit

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Yeah, I wish they would be open to an opinion poll from designers as to weather or not they should remove this rule! I'm sure if they did, that rule would be voted down. Then I would hope they would listen to designer feedback and remove it. Awards only should be the plan.

#28 rlkat

rlkat

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:04 AM

2 weeks is too short a time period. Forums will be full of inane comments to just satisfy the rules.

#29 DixielandDesign

DixielandDesign

• Designer
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

I have to agree on this, 2 weeks could be the designer was on vacation or maybe God forbid in the hospital, Being penalized with this sort of inactivity could result in designers focusing on working with competing sites. I an sure DC wants to retain the best designers not just the most active. Sometimes frequent activity means the designer is just putting out sub par designs to satisfy the need... I can understand both sides of this and to weed out inactivity is fine however I feel that penalties should not result to at lest 45-60 days of inactivity, I am sure almost everyone has other things going on in life that prevent them from daily postings.

Vince

Designers are meant to be loved, not to be understood. — Fabien Barral

#30 jsummit

jsummit

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 03:47 PM

No other crowd sourcing site has this kind of penalty! They just go with a REWARDS plan and they're doing just fine! The ONLY penalty should be for copyright and concept violations!

#31 rown

rown

• Designer
  • 47 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 04:08 PM

No other crowd sourcing site has this kind of penalty! They just go with a REWARDS plan and they're doing just fine! The ONLY penalty should be for copyright and concept violations!

Exactly i wrote about it before, thats not good encourage plan. There is few threads now on forum about it, and it will grow as more and more users will get this e-mail. First thing then, is to get to the forum, but not to post, to find what the...
It seems like there is any single post about it, approving it.

I must admit, for now it works. It's keeping members here. But i think you need to reconsider this, serious. Everyweek number of users suprised by innactivity e-mail is growing. And they are making posts about it, more and more.
That's not good politic, you need to change it, soon.

#32 jsummit

jsummit

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

It needs to change! Besides the scheduler you use is not accurate as I just now got another notification that I'm over 2 weeks on inactivity and I just posted to this forum on 9/7!! The 10% penalty doesn't help you! Please consider peer constructive criticism and also learn from the competitor crowd sourcing sites that have been doing this much longer than DC!

#33 yahl

yahl

• Designer
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:04 PM

Commenting just takes a couple of minutes, however finding a topic consumes a lot more time. Better to have a general topic like "Just Do It" as an open topic to comment or respond to previous open topics. Best regards DC.
Ecuador is a paradise of contradictions.:D

#34 jsummit

jsummit

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:22 PM

The 10% penalty still needs to go away.

#35 rlkat

rlkat

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

Inactivity criteria satisfied. Expect another post in 2 weeks.

#36 colorpanda

colorpanda

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:43 AM

+1

#37 jsummit

jsummit

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:13 PM

Hello All!