Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Forum Guide

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

• Guests

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Simple forum guide
Due to the recent changes the forums have become much more active. Therefore, we would like to set forth some simple rules*that will help keep DesignContest organized. We want the forums to be a place where designers can have meaningful conversations about design, life and everything. The keyword being meaningful.
We do not want*you to post for the sake of boosting your post count with comments that don’t have any real meaning. Here are a few examples:
“OK”
“Good post”
“I like it”
“nice idea”

If you like the content of the post - you can click the “like” button or “add to the user’s reputation”. This way you will show your appreciation without polluting the forums.
Meaningless posts will be removed and if you do that repeatedly more serious measures may be applied including temporary account suspension.
What we do want*you to do is share useful information. And what I mean is not share links to other websites that have that useful information (though in some rare cases that could work) but actually make an effort and share your own knowledge, write about your own experiences and teach others something new. Something that they would not easily find on google.

Do not post several posts in a row.
It happens that just five minutes after we make a post an idea comes up that we forgot to mention. In this case, please, edit your previous post to add that.

Keep things on topic
Before you post, make sure it is the right thread to post your message or the right forum to start your thread. It is also a good idea to check if a similar thread already exists before posting yours.

There are some forum sections that have particular rules:
Showoff / Critique forums that includes:
Sketchbook
Finished Work Showcase
Works in Progress

It has been especially created for you to share your own works with other members. The threads in those forums have thumbnail previews and must have at least one image. The designs you share in those forums must be your own works.

Inspiration*forums. This section includes:
Awesome Logo Design
Web Design Inspiration
Cool Flash Sites
Great Icon Design
Inspiring Design

This is similar to the Showoff section except you cannot post your own designs here. It is not allowed to post links to “inspiration galleries” websites. Each thread should be about one single design and must always contain an image.

Rating points and the forums.
To move to the next level you need a specific number of forum posts. Besides that, each post gives +5 points to your general rating. However, other members can add or subtract from *your rating points by clicking “add to user’s reputation” button, represented by the sheriff’s badge icon in the left panel next to each post.

Two things are absolutely forbidden and will result in immediate account termination:
Spam
Obscenity

Edited by resurepus, 11 July 2012 - 03:53 PM.

• sharie and manila like this

#2 manila

manila

• Designer
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

Thank you so much hardworking resurepus!

got a question...

As we all know.. There are many Filipino desighners here on DC so I decided to start a 'Filipino thread' on 'The Hangout' section.. We just want to make it sure if we can use our own language for that specific thread? or are we violating any rule? thank you!
  • Munajat and rifatjafrin13 like this

• Guests

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:22 PM

Thank you so much hardworking resurepus!

got a question...

As we all know.. There are many Filipino desighners here on DC so I decided to start a 'Filipino thread' on 'The Hangout' section.. We just want to make it sure if we can use our own language for that specific thread? or are we violating any rule? thank you!

Manila, I've got to know you as a forum member I can trust, so with you watching over that thread I have nothing against it :)

#4 anand224patel

anand224patel

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

It's Urgent, Can You Please Help me that How to Leave Comment after the Contest is Close But Before the Winner Announced. i am at Level 1 and i am new to this website. The Contest Holder ask me and i want to reply him but i can't. Please Reply As Soon As Possible So that i can Reply the Contest Holder.

Regards,
Anand224patel.
  • rifatjafrin13 likes this

#5 Meowchi

Meowchi

Banned

• Banned
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 06:01 AM

Learned so much from this. Thanks, resurepus! :)

#6 Probir Ghosh

Probir Ghosh

Banned

• Designer
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

I have received an infraction at Designers Community Forum. just use smile face, cool, nice, i like it ...hahahaha! never try to do this designers. Serious infractions will never expire. Very Careful.

#7 BizBloom

BizBloom

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:52 AM

The forum is not very clear, especially for newbies :)

I just can't seem to get a round...

Is there a video or 1 post with the information a newbie should know?

#8 Glowtech

Glowtech

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

How do I tell how I my design rated in a contest
  • warzero32 and rifatjafrin13 like this

#9 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

How do I tell how I my design rated in a contest

System will automatically notify you when client give feedback you, rate or eliminate your design.

#10 warzero32

warzero32

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 06:33 AM

Thank you so much

#11 bryanwp

bryanwp

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 03:22 PM

Is there any rules stating about the penalty for abandoned account? especially when they are trying to log in again?

Thanks

#12 ramsro

ramsro

• Designer
  • 2231 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 05:15 PM

Is there any rules stating about the penalty for abandoned account? especially when they are trying to log in again?

Thanks

From what I know, no. If the account wasn't banned for other reasons (stock art, clipart, double account etc) he/she should be able to login again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users