Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Are mockups now allowed in logo contests?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#21 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:51 PM

Our Min prize amount is about the same as the other contest sites. The contestholders choose the prize amount not designcontest. We have a min prize amount just like everyone else and those min prize amounts are with a few dollars of being the same.

I liked it when we had an official DC canvas, you were allowed to show the main logo, BW and a flat version of the logo, it was very professional looking.

The fact is we do not use the canvas any more and most likely never will.

Like us on facebook

#22 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Yes...the prize here is reasonable...I'm not complaining about that...

#23 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:46 PM

I don't know about notice system being broke, ALL of my notices arrive shortly have being sent or posted and this is for the forums and helpdesk and the contests. I have my basic email set up to receive notices and I also have forwarders set up. I do sometimes miss a thread, for example overnight when other side of the world is awake and posting threads, one or two might be buried within all the threads posted while I was asleep, but for the most part all questions are answered in a timely fashion and notices are sent out in timely fashion as well So maybe you have some setting on your own end that need looked at?

Like us on facebook

#24 arsOrum

arsOrum

• Designer
  • 3035 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

@ Morabira

"Fall seven times, stand up eight."

:):)

#25 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

It has been reported here:
http://www.designcon...ifications.html

not only mine Sharie

#26 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:48 PM

I have sent notice to the programmers, lets see what they have to say might be the problem

Like us on facebook

#27 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 11:51 PM

Thanks Sharie

#28 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:19 AM

I liked it when we had an official DC canvas, you were allowed to show the main logo, BW and a flat version of the logo, it was very professional looking.

The fact is we do not use the canvas any more and most likely never will.

Sharie, why not? What was wrong with it?

#29 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:29 AM

Yes...the prize here is reasonable...I'm not complaining about that...

Morabira and Sharie,
Excuse me, but the price is not reasonable.
Next day, all logo contests will include icon design as well for the price of the logo.
Editing brief and adding icon design to a logo, after certain designer did it for a win, over all what we are doing here on DC, that's low and cheap.
Morabira, not only you have respect for other designers, the most important, you have respect for your self, and I admire it.

#30 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

Not the price for that contest if icon is added which I meant reasonable Babba...what I meant is overall contest prize "here" at DC

Edited by morabira, 05 August 2012 - 07:23 AM.

#31 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:49 AM

When I'm entering a logo contest, I mean I'm doing only logo....No other thing...I should can manage what I'm doing ...Contest should be like that...Free from hustle bustle

Edited by morabira, 05 August 2012 - 01:56 AM.

#32 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36575 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

Sorry, I misunderstood you.
Prices are reasonable in that case. There are design category with prices, when you see it, including the briefs, you except it or not.

BTW, have you guys seen this comment left by CH?
"If you work more on the icon, this could be a serious option. Discard this icon and work fast on a new one if you like. Thanks!"
After all editing and adding, used word "IF"... that's so off.

#33 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 01:23 PM

I have submit an option where the logo itself is an icon...my friend give me that solution....:) That is the best I can do as it is still a logo. not logo plus icon mockup.

#34 arsOrum

arsOrum

• Designer
  • 3035 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

it is a little disturbing to see around how icons, business card design, are taking "control" in some Logo Contests.:(:(

#35 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

arsOrum...
At least it looks like a garage sale...that is a good image...."Cheap design! Cheap design!"
....hehehehe

#36 arsOrum

arsOrum

• Designer
  • 3035 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

eh eh eh Morabira,
soon they will start making Summer sales ... take 3 pay 1 ... :p:p

#37 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

hahahahaha

#38 nlroop

nlroop

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

Painted Pony, I am glad you asked this question. It makes me upset when I see other designers post mock-ups in the contest. It's not fair to the other designers who actually follow the rules. That is one thing I liked about DesignContest.com. It makes it clean and equal for everyone. I hope that this gets cracked down on.

#39 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:05 PM

I noticed also that there are some designers who are starting to submit their entries in a LOGO contest and are designing social media icons and doing a mockup of what the logo would look like as an icon. (Even when the CH didn't request). So, they are basically providing FREE additional design work to make their entry stand out. The CH doesn't have to run an additional contest for an icon, they are getting one for free! The rules are the rules, so everyone should be able to do that, or NO ONE should be able to do that. The designers that are doing it either don't understand the rules or they don't care and think they won't be reported? I agree with you nlroop, it is not fair to other designers and I hope DC cracks down on that.

#40 DexMind176

DexMind176

Banned

• Banned
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:51 PM

no mockups in "logo" contests if you see a mockup in a logo contest simply report the design. One thing to keep in mind some contestholder will ask specific designers to do a mockup so when this is reported we have to research this and take the action needed

oopssss! I thought its allowed ...and used 2-3 times in some of my entries...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users