• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

Here's another brewery logo from initial concept to finished logo. Not sure if that's what this forum is for - but it does contain some beginning sketches, so I"ll try it... :) Attached File  Trident.jpg   58.48KB   460 downloads

#2 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:49 PM

Originally, the ideas was that the battleship was fighting Neptune (or Poseidon) - but we didn't want to offend anyone with the thought of fighting a god. Then it became more that Poseidon was controlling the storm/seas "behind the scenes" and it was more about the ship weathering the storm. They liked that a lot better so I rendered it out. The project took a week - most of it was concepting. The ship is named ater the area the brewery is located - one of the brewers was in the navy and wanted a ship in the logo. That didn't really address the "Trident" name though - which they liked...so the best way to combine the two things was to have Poseidon with the ship at sea.

#3 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

Hey there great work! love how you have shown the progress. How goes the company you and Coy started?

Like us on facebook

#4 Hadeelsa

Hadeelsa

Banned

• Banned
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

wow, really impressive, I admire designers starting with a sketch rather than starting on the design software, really innovative!

#5 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:33 PM

Hey there great work! love how you have shown the progress. How goes the company you and Coy started?

Thanks Sharie! Well - this is it - except minus Coy. He disappeared for quite some time (I'm sure it wasn't intentional), but then he wasn't able to be online that much with his new job and he fell out of communication. Unfortunately, I ended up having to reimburse some jobs he was working on :( SO - now it's just me. I've kinda restructured things to fit my schedule better and have been SUPER busy with it.

#6 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:36 PM

wow, really impressive, I admire designers starting with a sketch rather than starting on the design software, really innovative!

thanks hadeelsa!

#7 MohamedAdel

MohamedAdel

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

wow this is great and this forum would be awesome for every designer to show how he/she starts with an idea.. keep it up.

#8 ideasstudio

ideasstudio

• Designer
  • 336 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:57 AM

Hi, jecrt,

Nice work, beginning sketches for illustration on paper is what i usually doing, i do have disappeared client problem, really waste lot's of my time, some times just unlucky.

#9 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

Cool - yeah, I sketch out concepts on paper (or anytime I'm not near my computer), but once I establish a concept, I find it faster to sketch out under-drawings / outlines than to do detailed sketches on paper and then have to scan/resize in Illustrator. I also use the cleaner sketch (my second drawing) to work out textures/techniques for the final drawing.

Hi, jecrt,

Nice work, beginning sketches for illustration on paper is what i usually doing, i do have disappeared client problem, really waste lot's of my time, some times just unlucky.

#10 gl3nnx

gl3nnx

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

jecrt, very nice. So how do you make the sketches. Pencil or using tablet?

#11 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

for these sketches I used a tablet

jecrt, very nice. So how do you make the sketches. Pencil or using tablet?

#12 JvZ

JvZ

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:42 PM

cool! great job! upon seeing the first sketch .. . I did not get what would the design until the final sketch that is awesome.

#13 sunface

sunface

• Designer
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

Great idea to me. I should follow your advice, this make me for best logo design
Thank you

#14 Rainbowtech

Rainbowtech

• Designer
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:11 PM

:)

#15 PAVIAN

PAVIAN

• Designer
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:16 AM

That's so sick logo., amazing walk through., sketch will really matter now.haha

#16 groovybot

groovybot

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

Thanks for sharing your process. This is a great reminder for me to spend more time in the planning stage sketching out designs before I take them to the computer.

#17 Viivi

Viivi

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:02 AM

Wow, that's cool! It's always nice to see the progress behind the finished work, much more educational!

#18 FullHeads

FullHeads

• Designer
  • 103 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:21 PM

GREAT work !
as always Jecrt, like you style very mutch, maybe you have online portfolio ?

#19 jecrt

jecrt

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:01 PM

thanks! I have some work on my flickr page here. But I'm not great at uploading.

GREAT work !
as always Jecrt, like you style very mutch, maybe you have online portfolio ?

#20 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:16 AM

Man you are very good jecrt. Your work is superb! I wish I could hone my skills to be as good as yours.....maybe one day they will be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users