RedNerve Media Web Design

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 will7

will7

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:17 PM

Well, here's my company site, up for review :) I was going for a simple, corporate look to the site.

The copy needs some work, I know, I'm in the middle of that.

Well, reviews and comments are welcome, be harsh - but constructive!

www.rednerve.com

Thanks in advance and I hope you like the site :)

#2 aaronbassett

aaronbassett

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:31 PM

hmmm not too sure about the banners on each page.
They kinda look like they have been stuck in as an after-thought

The actual interface tho is nice - easy to navigate. Maybe darken text a little, could be hard to read for some people.

Also I dont know if making all the buttons Flash files is advisable - do you have text based links for those people who dont have flash? I didn't spot any

I know you may be saying "Who doesn't have flash these days?"
But thats not the point - according to recent disabilities legislation you cannot discriminate against a person, even on a website because they have a disability - so people with impaired vision are being discriminated against as screen readers won't be able to read your flash links.

Oh last thing - in the portfolio section would be nice to have some sort of gallery - maybe showing a small preview of the image of part of it which you can click for full size - rather than the click through system you have atm. But thats more a personnal thing from me - I just think the small previews are more eye catching and people are more likly to click through on them than next/prev buttons.

but its looking good mate - nice job

Aaron Bassett

#3 will7

will7

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:34 PM

Thanks for the feedback dude! The banners were there from the beginning, they were designed to kind of give a "natural" and "relaxing" kind of feel to the website to make browsing the site feel more comfortable.

I might consider changing from flash links, its just that it's easier to make the links look so much crisper if they're done in flash :)

Thanks again for the feedback, really appreciate it!

#4 aaronbassett

aaronbassett

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:42 PM

heh my first love was flash - and am still a big fan of it so I know where you're coming from. But the same kind of effect could be done using a simple rollover image which you could then use alt tags to let screenreaders know where it goes.

Or another alternative would be to place the links beneath the flash files and set use CSS to set their visibility as hidden (more info here - http://www.w3schools..._visibility.asp)

Watch with doing that however as some search engines think that you are attempting to keyword stuff and it may adversly effect your rating

Aaron Bassett

#5 will7

will7

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, I'll be off into Photoshop tomorrow. But, now, I really must go to bed. Really tired and the matchsticks are breaking ;)

Everyone, feel free to leave comments while I'm asleep, it'll be a nice surprise when I wake up :)

#6 will7

will7

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

Any more comments?

#7 IntuitDesign

IntuitDesign

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:15 PM

Cool site. I liked it. Services / Website Design looked empty. The composition, use of color, and typography very good. It certainly has a relaxed look and feel. The name doesn't quite go with it. RedNerve kinda refers to anger. Maybe something more serene? I liked the molecule logo. Great work!

peace
jc
Don't look outside of yourself for the truth, for the truth is in you.

#8 will7

will7

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:20 AM

Whoopsy :o Forgot about the website design section. I'll add it now. Thanks for the kind comments. Anyone else want to give a review?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users