• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 mizzdabeat

mizzdabeat

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 06:05 PM

I am in the process of developing a new portfolio and thought I would get some constructive criticism before finishing the site completely.

Thanks!

http://www.aoriginal.net

-angela
First Impressions Count | Visit RAN Creative for your logo & web design needs.

#2 JAZZZ

JAZZZ

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 12:54 PM

Hmm, the logo looks nice! I'm not very much fond of the colours you've used. I think you should add any other colour too (other than B&W). The BIG logo on the main page is looking Odd, try playing with its transparency :D....Other than that, it looks quite simple and neat...

Jazzz

#3 ec723

ec723

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:04 AM

I just look over your profolio. They look really nice and sleek. Sense of fashion. Good work.

#4 ideacube

ideacube

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:14 AM

Good. The font for navigation should change though...and the font for thext too....

but i like the rest...

#5 jesse101

jesse101

• Designer
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 07:24 AM

I agree with the first response. I would incorporate a hint of color. Red would pop nicely! just a thought!

Also, I would use image rollovers for the navigation, rather than plain text.
http://www.gdlounge.blogspot.com \ www.strategicexposure.com | Your Creative Marketing Advantage

#6 finir

finir

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:44 AM

I agree with the color suggestions. Though black and white helps it look formal, it also seems kind of dull. And the "A" in the circle seems strange being off center, not that it's a bad logo... but possibly not as eye catching as you want it to be.

#7 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 01:52 PM

i don't know about everybody else, but on my computer the table doesn't line up properly.. after checking i see that main_01.jpg is a bit too high and main_04.jpg is a little too low. i have a 1024 screen res, and the problem presented itself in both ie 6 and netscape 7.

#8 Dan Pastia

Dan Pastia

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 08:06 PM

Definitely you should add some color (any color!!). First impression was that I entered a funeral services site. :)) I think you don't wish your clients to have the same impression. :D

I have the same problem with your table.
- keep it simple -

#9 Freakz

Freakz

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:44 AM

I like it for a simple portfolio. It's easy to use, navigate, and see your works. Nice job.
FreshDezines.com
TemplateFreakz.com
LogoFreakz.com

#10 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 03:05 AM

I would disagree with all the suggestions to add colour :D The B&W works well with the style you have presented - which to me is like a representation of an old-school charlie chaplin movie.

The only suggestion I see is to make the text on the portfolio descriptions slightly larger - white on black is extremely difficult to read (especially on an LCD monitor). It is also good practice to define a doc-type in your HTML.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users