merging layers paint shop pro

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 thereeds92

thereeds92

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Considering this is a contest site and we all win based on the ratings of just the CH, why not make every contest blind! That way there is no chance of duplication or "borrowing" ideas from other designers, especially those in the top ten ratings.

Thoughts??

Dina

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Blind is an option the contestholder chooses. Some contest holders like blind other do not. Designers should not be asking,begging or hounding the contestholder to make the contest blind. Contest holders are fully aware of this option.

Like us on facebook

#3 thereeds92

thereeds92

• Designer
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Sharie,

Thanks for your reply!! I am very aware of all that you said...was just making a suggestion that I would like to see other views from designers here. I never beg, ask, or hound designers, just so you know. It just seems like that would totally eliminate all reoccurring problems that currently exist. :)

Thanks again for responding! :)

Dina

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

thereeds92 a problem that happens with blind contests... "some" designers think they can hide/steal/ borrow and use existing designs easier, they "think" they will not be caught until contest is over then too late. This is not the case : ) We do have have everywhere So when we see a few designers begging/hounding a ch to blind it opens our eyes even more : )

Like us on facebook

#5 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

CHs might be more inclined to use the blind feature if there wasn't a fee/price for activating it. I know there are reasons for having this cost but I can see more contests in the future using this feature if it didn't have the price tag attached to it. Either way it doesn't matter; it's ultimately a matter of preference

#6 diegomey

diegomey

• Designer
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 06:35 PM

I think if contest involves a high prize, such as $300 or more - it should be automatically blind. Just my 2cents

#7 Squewheet

Squewheet

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 328 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:40 AM

Well personally I think that it's fine the way it is........just I think that they should make the rating only visible to the ch and the designer that made the design. And the designs should show your designs first and the others submitted after yours. But on the CH's page it should be in order that he has rated the designs. And that would eliminate people trying to guess who's design the CH likes.......and also they can had like a 150 character thing where the CH can say what they like and don't like about ur design. And it would also only be visible to you and the ch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: merging layers, paint shop pro

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users