• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#121 force

force

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 10:25 PM

I feel where you're coming from, xpu100. And, I probably could come up with something "better" than the arrow, some better arrangement of elements. But, i guess what I was going for was the "over obvious" element, here. The whole impetus of the composition is to illustrate a simple, uncomplicated idea, yet... with a smart twist.

So, the unassuming, straight arrow, in its simplicity, denotes that "simple idea" thing, while the underlying play on the letter "u" surfaces within the subtler context. At first you say, "oh, so simple" as you glance at the visual elements. Then, your mind catches the idea of the central letter of the word truth being "you." And, suddenly what was so simple is actually made more clever.

Hope that makes sense.
Chad LaForce
Designer :D

#122 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 05:15 PM

I feel where you're coming from, xpu100. And, I probably could come up with something "better" than the arrow, some better arrangement of elements. But, i guess what I was going for was the "over obvious" element, here. The whole impetus of the composition is to illustrate a simple, uncomplicated idea, yet... with a smart twist.

So, the unassuming, straight arrow, in its simplicity, denotes that "simple idea" thing, while the underlying play on the letter "u" surfaces within the subtler context. At first you say, "oh, so simple" as you glance at the visual elements. Then, your mind catches the idea of the central letter of the word truth being "you." And, suddenly what was so simple is actually made more clever.

Hope that makes sense.

hmm.. looks like "the you is in truth" to me.. ;)

#123 takethetrain

takethetrain

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:10 PM

my entry:

Posted Image

looks best from far away. :)

#124 force

force

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 October 2005 - 06:20 PM

Nice concept.
Chad LaForce

#125 IntuitDesign

IntuitDesign

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 157 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 04:06 AM

Hey folks! Great work!!!

Ram035 — Your welcome!

Kuci_inc — I get your message but I think it could be even clearer, perhaps by clarifying why the diamond in the type and why are they looking up at the type. I thyink it's cool, but just a little clarification.

B1987 — Cool! Type moving throughout the 'you' as elusive. I like what you're saying there as well. Nice!

DisyDesign — I like it! Simple but says a lot. A black and white world; love and fear, the inside being colorful and deep. The type works. Nice!

Oaie — Bold! Can't quite see what's going on the the eye, but it's very cool. I like alol the eyes all around too. Nice colors. Composition is good!

XPU100 — Another sweet one! I think the 1st one works best. The red takes away from the message in the second one. I like how the bottom part is showing a reference to inner monologue. I like the idea too of this being a divine message, a synchronistic event. Nice solution!

Rougefemme — Very true! Your piece is magical! A lot of work there. I even love the blur effect you have. Just the right amount. All the elements are working together. You may want to kern the "You" so that the o is a little closer to the Y. A piece like this deserves the best type treatment. Nice job!!

kvasaclimited — Wow! I like this one. Morbid, but isn't that a part of this illusory world. It depicts an examination of the elements of this world. Mankind has always tried to see 'what makes it tick?' Nice composition, color use is good, type use is good and interesting. Nice!!

Stojan — I like this. Nice composition, nice colors and a dimensional type use, works well on the page, but it stops there. You may want to try clarifying your statement here.

Force — Clever! That's the way to think outside the box! I love how everyone's style's are so different. You may want to check out some of Bob Gill's work. Your style is similar to his. Great solution!

The Beloved — Whoa! Nice work! Kind of 'Six Feet Under' feeling in style. Interesting with the cross on the ground. I think this one says a lot!! I like your type treatment as well. Nice!

Take The Train — Interesting! I see what you're doing, and it's close. Perhaps just a little clearer. It should be the case where a first time viewer looks at it from a distance, but then it should only take a few seconds to get it. I know you can make this what it needs to be. Nice!!

Keep up the AWESOME work folks! Fantastic!!
Don't look outside of yourself for the truth, for the truth is in you.

#126 DisyDesign

DisyDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:01 AM

IntuitDesign thanks for the encouragement!
DisyDesign

#127 kvasaclimited

kvasaclimited

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 08:58 AM

kvasaclimited — Wow! I like this one. Morbid, but isn't that a part of this illusory world. It depicts an examination of the elements of this world. Mankind has always tried to see 'what makes it tick?' Nice composition, color use is good, type use is good and interesting. Nice!!

Thanks. I also tried to depict that we sometimes look at the world in a rather simple way, always going with most obvious solutions (which may not be always right ones), never really scratching to see what is bellow surface.
As for morbid part-it was just a warning. Some people who saw it couldm't really stomack it.

#128 DisyDesign

DisyDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 12:33 PM

Posted Image
Another idea... :cool:
DisyDesign

• Guests

Posted 08 October 2005 - 01:49 PM

Thank you, designers! This has been a great contest and we have a lot of interesting entries here! Now the contest is officially over and the mods team are going to determine the winner. It's going to be pretty hard to pick one!

#130 rougefemme

rougefemme

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

Intuit thanks for your comments!! I´m looking forward to know who is going to win!!!
It was a very nice experience, good luck for everyone!!!!

#131 xpu100

xpu100

• Designer
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 04:27 PM

As a new member in this community it was great pleasure for me to start with such contest. Everyone was great and I’m sure that will be very difficult for the mods team now. But let see.
Once again – was pleasure for me to enjoy this contest with all of you.
See you again

#132 MIHAI1984

MIHAI1984

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 59 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 04:50 PM

Thanks for this competition. As you can see i'm pretty new here. I'd like to say good luck to everyone, specially to DisyDesign, Stojan.kosic, kuci_inc, mgpwr who have some really amazing posts.

#133 force

force

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 October 2005 - 07:30 PM

Great contest, down to the last design.
Chad LaForce

#134 kvasaclimited

kvasaclimited

• Designer
  • 97 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 11:22 AM

This was my first contest here. Very inspireing, there were a lot of great ideas.

#135 domvarano

domvarano

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2005 - 12:26 PM

ok, great contest. let's see who will win it! good luck to anyone!
MikGraphix

#136 kuci_inc

kuci_inc

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 06:08 AM

Great contest and very good designs. Good luck to you all.
"All that lives must die"

#137 The Beloved

The Beloved

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 03:54 PM

This was my first contest here. Very inspireing, there were a lot of great ideas.

Same here; and I have to say that some of the designs were incredible; great job everyone!
Din er så i nærheten av meg
Jeg kanne stemning din hjertet seire over
Jeg vite Du elske meg
Aften mer enn jeg vil noen gang vite

#138 ram035

ram035

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:24 PM

Hey this was my first contest, must say i really had fun here, i allways ran to my mail when something new came up and it was allways interesting to see-read. Thanx to all, hope you start a new one soon!

#139 DisyDesign

DisyDesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 05:55 PM

I was very interested and in the same time we had some competition.Now I think that we all await to see who wins.I want to say hi to all designers on this forum and wish them luck!
DisyDesign

#140 domvarano

domvarano

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 October 2005 - 07:06 PM

when we will know the winner?
MikGraphix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users