• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ratbaggy

ratbaggy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:48 PM

Should be standard practice I reckon. Otherwise each designer has to read EVERY individual post to know if there has been an extension and when it has been extended to.

:)

#2 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 09:51 PM

Actually I think there's usually an update on the 1'st post :p

#3 ratbaggy

ratbaggy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:06 PM

my point EXACTLY. If you don't check the thread every day you won't be aware of any changes and so might miss on knowing about and deadline extensions. Can't be that hard to implement and helps everybody out.

oh and ... :p

#4 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:14 PM

This is being done already. If you look at the beginning of the Xoops thread you will notice that illumina updated the extension date three times. Now, this is how I stand *personally* on this subject though (these opinions don't reflect on the opinons of this site):

If you are going to be working on a design, it is your duty to know when the deadline for it is. It is not difficult to scan through a thread to find out where the contest holder may have posted a message (their names are in Red) or where an Admin posted a message (our names are in Black).

Only about three posts up from your late entry into the Xoops contest, the contest holder clearly stated that the Deadline was up and that they were voting on the logo. It is hardly fair that you *might* extend this voting process by including a late entry.
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#5 ratbaggy

ratbaggy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:28 PM

I'd appreciate if you didn't make this subject personal Neupix ... it's pretty unprofessional. I simply raised a suggestion that I thought was valid and warranted. I am not suggesting late entries be accepted (why you decided to relate it specifically to my entries, or the Xoops thread is beyond me and irrelevant)

If your opinions don't reflect that of the site who's do? It seems another simple suggestion/comment has found the DC team unwilling to listen or discuss in anyway. It would not be hard to implement.

I want DC to grow and expand in good ways. I am throwing suggestions as a point of discussion. An inability to communicate clearly is not condusive to extended growth and maturity.

This is being done already. If you look at the beginning of the Xoops thread you will notice that illumina updated the extension date three times. Now, this is how I stand *personally* on this subject though (these opinions don't reflect on the opinons of this site):

If you are going to be working on a design, it is your duty to know when the deadline for it is. It is not difficult to scan through a thread to find out where the contest holder may have posted a message (their names are in Red) or where an Admin posted a message (our names are in Black).

Only about three posts up from your late entry into the Xoops contest, the contest holder clearly stated that the Deadline was up and that they were voting on the logo. It is hardly fair that you *might* extend this voting process by including a late entry.

#6 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 10:36 PM

If your opinions don't reflect that of the site who's do? It seems another simple suggestion/comment has found the DC team unwilling to listen or discuss in anyway. It would not be hard to implement.

And, like I mentioned, it already has been implemented. The first post of the topic is always updated with the new deadlines, and a post within the thread is always made. If there was something to discuss, we would do it. I don't quite know what else you want us to do?

#7 ratbaggy

ratbaggy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 November 2005 - 11:43 PM

there might be 20 other posts between when a new deadline is announced and when a designer checks the thread again. And perhaps it's just me, but I don't re-read every post from the first to the last added every time I check a thread. Like I said, it was just a suggestion, and it's clear you're not open to it.

#8 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:17 AM

"Deadlines in topics Should be standard practice I reckon"

Is not a very clear suggestion. To be honest, I don't know what we are supposed to be open to. We change the date in the initial post, and we add a posting when the deadline is extended. I am not sure what else we can do to notify you besides sending out a mass email.

Let me know what exactly we can do, and we can consider it.

#9 ratbaggy

ratbaggy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:23 AM

Posted Image

#10 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:16 PM

I don't think that I was understood properly. When I said that they are updated on the 1'st post I meant that all you have to do is visit post #1 to read the, up-to-date, deadline. I'm with Neupix, I don't really understand what more there is to do.

#11 ratbaggy

ratbaggy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 09:27 PM

cool. well thanks for confirming that _Redrum.

#12 LoriL1212

LoriL1212

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:01 PM

Should be standard practice I reckon. Otherwise each designer has to read EVERY individual post to know if there has been an extension and when it has been extended to.

Deadlines in topics
....hmmm. Wonder where you got THAT brilliant idea Paul!
Lori @ Zenful Creations
What is YOUR internet business reputation?
Check my iKarma

#13 ratbaggy

ratbaggy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:08 PM

Deadlines in topics
....hmmm. Wonder where you got THAT brilliant idea Paul!

ehehehe ;)

well if I could actually post a link I would - i.e. knowing it wouldn't be deleted

it IS a brilliant idea eh? ;)

#14 LoriL1212

LoriL1212

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:19 PM

Well thanks. It was mine, and it is a good one, but I like to keep my good ideas contained :)

L
Lori @ Zenful Creations
Check my iKarma

#15 ratbaggy

ratbaggy

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

Well thanks. It was mine, and it is a good one, but I like to keep my good ideas contained :)

L

very Zenful ;)

I "DO" like your idea.

take note Design Contest folk ;)

#16 LoriL1212

LoriL1212

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:24 PM

Lol
Lori @ Zenful Creations
Check my iKarma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users