LOVE DESIGN

#2 rucker

rucker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 04:13 PM

Hi there!

I couldn't stay at the page long because the background started to hurt my eyes. One thing I might suggest is to have a soft pink to white gradient background with your pink links. Pink on pink is...bad.

That's just my opinion though!

I'd love to really browse through your portfolio, I just can't stay long :-)

#3 bigrhyno11

bigrhyno11

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:36 PM

OUCH!!!! My eyes are killing me, easy on the background.
I am not a fan of the pop-ups either, I prefer more interactive.

#4 nyxxie

nyxxie

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 309 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:37 PM

Hello. I agree with bjrucker. Also, maybe think about having the logos pop up in a smaller window. OR have them all on the same page. The logo pages loaded up reallyyyy slow for me, and I have broadband. Not sure if it was my browser or not.

Your logos aren't bad though, you have some pretty good ones. :) Good luck with it.

#5 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 05:49 PM

Your logos look great...but the web page is bad...slow loading, and painful on the eyes, and usability is a huge issue.

The tiling background is too bright, and there is too much open space...if you are truly in love with the background, pop it into photoshop and dull the pink down a little.

First off, the links are confusing....It took me time to see the arrows were links rather than the names....

The whole opening and closing of new windows is bad...maybe do it in flash, or at least look into something like the Coppermine Photo Album (thats an open source program for showing photos, but would work well to show off the logos).
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#6 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:47 AM

Nice logos, but that background is a killer!
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

#7 exo

exo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:24 AM

Actually, I don't mind the bg, it's just a little overpowering right now. You could make your portfolio simpler, like just list the names on the left and have a windor on the right that shows the designs. You might also want to think about showing your logos in context, like a buisiness card or something. I don't really care that much about seeing them in black and on white etc.

#8 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:25 AM

The logo pages loaded up reallyyyy slow for me, and I have broadband. Not sure if it was my browser or not.

Nope, it's because you're on the wrong side of the world like me :p

I didn't mind the slowness for the most part, untill I got to the second webpage design (it just wouldn't go, period). The background, well, I can see what you're going for, but maybe that color is best left for accents.

Overall, I thought you had a large quality range for the logos. I found some very inspiring, and others very unoriginal and bland.

Thanks for sharing! Always good to see what other designers are up to :)

#9 honzyk

honzyk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:22 PM

Hi there!

I couldn't stay at the page long because the background started to hurt my eyes. One thing I might suggest is to have a soft pink to white gradient background with your pink links. Pink on pink is...bad.

That's just my opinion though!

I'd love to really browse through your portfolio, I just can't stay long :-)

O.K. my portfolio will be redesigned this week...
LOVE DESIGN

#10 honzyk

honzyk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:25 PM

Nice logos, but that background is a killer!

Thank you... :p
LOVE DESIGN

#11 honzyk

honzyk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:28 PM

Your logos look great...but the web page is bad...slow loading, and painful on the eyes, and usability is a huge issue.

The tiling background is too bright, and there is too much open space...if you are truly in love with the background, pop it into photoshop and dull the pink down a little.

First off, the links are confusing....It took me time to see the arrows were links rather than the names....

The whole opening and closing of new windows is bad...maybe do it in flash, or at least look into something like the Coppermine Photo Album (thats an open source program for showing photos, but would work well to show off the logos).

Slow loading is becose its slow hosting... I must buy my ownd domain. :) Thank you for comments, this week I redesign my portfolio ;)
LOVE DESIGN

#12 honzyk

honzyk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:55 PM

Hi All!
Portfolio is redesigned... Is it better? ;)
LOVE DESIGN

#13 Shutterbug

Shutterbug

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:09 PM

New site is much better. Can you optimize the first graphic that appears? It took a long time to draw. I am on a G5 with 4GB of RAM and a decent video card and hooked up via DSL. So, there should be no reason for the draw to take so long. Size it to the actual size it will be in ImageReady or Fireworks and play with the quality settings.

#14 rucker

rucker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:41 PM

I think it's better. I can SEE it now :-). Good job. Loadtime for me was a bit long as well, though.

One thing I might suggest is to explore CSS/XHTML a bit more. A lot of things you used with images could've been used using CSS - that would speed up loadtime a bit.

Enjoy!

#15 honzyk

honzyk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

Sorry, but I have dual xeon with 16 GB ram and excellent graphic card, 100 Mbit connection and I have no problem... ehm... :-)

No, its joke... my portfolio is on the free hosting server with slow connection :( I must buy my own domain for speed...
LOVE DESIGN

#16 honzyk

honzyk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

Ok, I try css/xhtml ;-) thank you
LOVE DESIGN

#17 DZINR

DZINR

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:43 AM

wow. that's a huge improvement. I like the simple yellow and gray.

#18 honzyk

honzyk

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:45 AM

yeaaah... I like it too ;)
LOVE DESIGN

#19 Shutterbug

Shutterbug

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:59 AM

I like the colors. I like the logo samples. Can you keep all the nav buttons consistent on every page? That way, I do not feel lost when I am in your category pages.

#20 typographics

typographics

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 09:59 AM

i agree with shutterbug, id like to see the website stay consistant. but the index page is great! simple, has a nice look to it. good job! also, do you not have a logo for yourself?

matthew~
find whats working in the piece, exploit that, and minimize the rest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users