&nsbp;

#1 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:27 AM

hey everybody,

I have been working on this project and have come down to these 4 different logo types....but I can't figure out which one to pick... Tear me up if they are horrible ..... no really!
Thanks in Advance

Posted Image
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

• Guests

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:52 AM

I like the first one the most. I think if you make the lines a little bit bolder maybe the letters will become more obvious?..

I don't get number too. Really, what do the arrows have to do with shoes? :)

As for the number 4, it doesn't seem to be quite ballanced...

#3 rinaldidesigns

rinaldidesigns

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 2258 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:00 AM

I like the colors...I don't think the over use of the glassy look is complimenting the design? I agree w/Resurepus, what do these have to do with the shoes? I would pick 3 as my favorite.......(I also noticed the type looks over kerned)...I think your on the rite start....just refine, tweak alittle:)

#4 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:01 AM

the arrows have to do with moving around jumping up and down...anything to do with walking etc... lol I will try to take all of your advice on all the logos and then post a "remake" of them....

#5 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:04 AM

The first an the third one has got the most potential in my opinion. What about playing on the third one and making a pair of shoes from E and S? Just an idea :).

#6 nyxxie

nyxxie

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 309 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:51 AM

I agree with the others mostly.

I think they all should lose the drop shadows and gradients.

I like #1 and #3. #2 wouldn't be bad if you made the arrows more creative. Perhaps add springs or something to it to symbolize jumping and moving? Up and down arrows seems mechanical, and people don't move that way.

Good luck with them :)

#7 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:17 AM

I agree with the others mostly.

I think they all should lose the drop shadows and gradients.

I like #1 and #3. #2 wouldn't be bad if you made the arrows more creative. Perhaps add springs or something to it to symbolize jumping and moving? Up and down arrows seems mechanical, and people don't move that way.

Good luck with them :)

Spring! yea thats sounds good... I also like Seawise' idea of making shoes of the ES (3) thanks for the crits so far...... Nothing brutal wow I am suprised lol ;)

#8 vektorthunder

vektorthunder

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:58 AM

Uniment1 :
take a look at this link article, title : WHAT MAKES A GREAT LOGO

i just saw it awhile ago, i think it's a good tips in creating a good logo
my works at :bnrdesign and istockphoto

#9 hooperman

hooperman

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 03:38 PM

I like the simplicity of the first logo, but somehow there is nothing that connects the lines with the words - they seem like separate entities. I very much like the colours throughout the sample though.

I wouldn't know which one to choose though.... Is it an option to design a new one that is in some way connected with shoes...?

#10 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:02 PM

Uniment1 :
take a look at this link article, title : WHAT MAKES A GREAT LOGO

i just saw it awhile ago, i think it's a good tips in creating a good logo

Yea I have seen that article before...... well what do think about the logos? Good or bad ..... I really want to know :)

I like the simplicity of the first logo, but somehow there is nothing that connects the lines with the words - they seem like separate entities. I very much like the colours throughout the sample though.

I wouldn't know which one to choose though.... Is it an option to design a new one that is in some way connected with shoes...?

Yea anything is a possiblility at this point .... I am going to try something of this sort as also suggested by seawise...I am open to anything.... :)

#11 -Raja

-Raja

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

much too shiney...and those colours look more south american than they do euro

hope that helps

#12 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 March 2006 - 05:09 AM

My very warm thanks goes out to everybody who has critqued this so far and those who are yet to come.... I will rework these in a day or so (working on another project at this moment) and will re-post a better version.... taking into consideration of everbodys remarks... I will try not to leave anybody out.... Thanks again

Nate

#13 rotfil

rotfil

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 06:54 PM

I think what you are Raja is saying is a good point, about the colours anyway. It would be nice to see a few different colours.

I think that the glass effect is nice though...
Nice Work

James :)

#14 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 07:37 PM

Thanks James ... I will try a few other colors....

#15 berardidesign

berardidesign

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:08 AM

The design in the logo is strongest, I believe in logo #4. It's the cleanest design. The exception would be in the sort of circular, pale transparency over the top half of the logo. I would keep the text simple too. A Clean sans serif typeface. Think simple but solid. Not too much shadow, or glare effect, as it takes away from the logo itself. hope this helps.

#16 morgoth87

morgoth87

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:54 AM

number 2 and 3 are my favorites... arrows don't really seem to explain identity but design wise they look nice

#17 i_travin

i_travin

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 01:00 PM

hey..nice colors there...among the four i like no.3 the best..jus a little thinner mayb if at all any change is needed...am not a pro so jus goin by looks n no real designin fundas!

#18 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:18 PM

Well I'm guessing that the site is about shoes, why did you not incorporate that into a logo? Well I don't know what I thinks best, no.3 is bevelled to much. Hmm. I like number 1 best because of it's simplicity.

#19 feros

feros

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:23 PM

I love the colors used ... and I think if you added a bit of glare to the third logo it would definately be the best. They're all really nice though.

#20 a_mahstudios

a_mahstudios

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 05:19 AM

I like the idea of the arrows. I think it would be interesting if you could work another imagary into it, even if it was just working them around in different stylish ways. The arrows are a good idea, but it needs to be expanded on. I'd like to see some different color combinations too!

Nice work. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users