• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 a_mahstudios

a_mahstudios

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:29 PM

I've poked around the site to see if anyone else has had a problem like this, so I appologise if it's already been addressed and I missed it.

Anyway. I can't seem to get into the "members list" area, or view ANY members profiles. Is this a glitch, or do you have to be a Design Team Member to access them?

Any help would be great on this.

Thanks in advance. :D

#2 rucker

rucker

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 263 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

Hi a_mahstudios, welcome to DesignContest.net :-)

I believe both the Members List and Member Profiles are restricted to Design Team Members. Were you just curious as to what the areas looked like?

#3 a_mahstudios

a_mahstudios

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:01 AM

More or less, yeah. I wanted to poke through the members and see if I could find any interesting portfolios. Just curiocity. :)

Thanks for answering my question!

The solution is to just become a Design Team Member! ;)

#4 /* No Comment*/

/* No Comment*/

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:51 AM

I don't know is it just me or this is stupid ! What if I don't have time and I have great jobs to offer here I can't post it bcs I don't have 10 posts

#5 a_mahstudios

a_mahstudios

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:56 PM

In my own opinion, I don't think asking for 10 posts is much. It serves a purpose to see what kind of person you are. This community, from what I understand so far, isn't just about design. It's about having a team of designers communicating and working together.

If you don't have the time to make ten posts, to interact with the fellow members, then obviously Designcontest isn't appropriate to your needs/expectations of the site. The contests on this site are for professional designers, and I imagine the owner of the site is trying to weed out unprofessoional amatures that would make a mess for the clients who come to this site.

I do not mean to be rude, just trying to state my opinions on the matter. There aren't many official rules for this place yet, so the ones that they do hold down are very practical and benefitial to the process of how this place works. I hope I've helped you understand a little further. I'm sure any moderator here would be able to expand in more official terms.

I am not on the Design Team as of yet, but feel free to ask me anymore questions if you like. ;)

• Guests

Posted 08 April 2006 - 06:18 PM

In my own opinion, I don't think asking for 10 posts is much. It serves a purpose to see what kind of person you are. This community, from what I understand so far, isn't just about design. It's about having a team of designers communicating and working together.

If you don't have the time to make ten posts, to interact with the fellow members, then obviously Designcontest isn't appropriate to your needs/expectations of the site. The contests on this site are for professional designers, and I imagine the owner of the site is trying to weed out unprofessoional amatures that would make a mess for the clients who come to this site.

I do not mean to be rude, just trying to state my opinions on the matter. There aren't many official rules for this place yet, so the ones that they do hold down are very practical and benefitial to the process of how this place works. I hope I've helped you understand a little further. I'm sure any moderator here would be able to expand in more official terms.

I am not on the Design Team as of yet, but feel free to ask me anymore questions if you like. ;)

I couldn't have said better. Absolutely to the point.

#7 /* No Comment*/

/* No Comment*/

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:02 PM

Indeed this should be pro forum... but also it needs good members and IMHO u don't get that status by yr number of posts...
Yeah I know it looks like who the hell is this guy ,those are the rules so why doesn't he respect them !!! ... I respect them but I'm just wanted to know the reason ( now I know :-) )
well I was just wondering why is so important to have 10 posts...for example I now have hm..7 posts and they are more or less stupid imo.... but OK I'll let it be... and ofcourse I'll contribute to this comunnity as much as I can :-)... with good posts :-)

#8 Al3x

Al3x

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:29 PM

It is only important to have 10 posts if you want to become a design team member. They need to see what your personality is like and how you respond to people within the week. Also if your complaining and want to become a design team member then wouldn't you need to post your entries up when you become a design team member?

#9 nyxxie

nyxxie

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 309 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 06:53 PM

IMHO, 10 posts is insanely generous for a professional site. It should be like 20 posts or more! It's so easy and fast to make 10 good and informative posts. Other than making a good introduction to the community, and showing everyone who you are, it's also good for the clients to see that you have a good amount of posts. It can show how professional and dedicated you are to design.

#10 Uniment1

Uniment1

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 381 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:26 PM

IMHO, 10 posts is insanely generous for a professional site. It should be like 20 posts or more! It's so easy and fast to make 10 good and informative posts. Other than making a good introduction to the community, and showing everyone who you are, it's also good for the clients to see that you have a good amount of posts. It can show how professional and dedicated you are to design.

Very true good point..... 10 good posts is nothing.... :)
www.uniment1.com :: Design Services

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users