• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:18 PM

Well, a bit bored at the shift so here is the topic.

Currently i am reading The Worst Jobs in History: Two Thousand Years of Miserable Employment by Tony Robinson, David Willcock. It is quite funny indeed.

#2 pentool

pentool

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:54 PM

VRay manual

#3 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:05 PM

Is it about 3D stuff?

#4 pentool

pentool

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:11 PM

Yup. It's a rendering engine.
PS: Actually it doesn't have a "MANUAL" manual per se, it's more like practicing. Bought 2 DVDs from gnomon on VRay lighting. They are better then books. :-)

#5 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:22 PM

Well, I like to know how the world works, so I've just started reading "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene. Hope it's good :)

I've actually seen a show on TV about the worst jobs in history, and I must say there were some bad ones!

#6 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:45 PM

Hmm, I Google'd a bit about The Elegant Universe and it looks like very interesting, though a bit physics background is needed i think.

Are there a show about that? :) I guess the actors are performing the jobs, haha that must be the hardest role they played ever lol :)

• Guests

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:05 PM

I read The Animator's Survival Kit: A Manual of Methods, Principles, and Formulas for Classical, Computer, Games, Stop Motion, and Internet Animators
by Richard Williams. An awesome book that really explains the principles of animation in simple yet serious manner.

#8 pentool

pentool

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 264 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:18 PM

Sergey is the MAN! Yeah!! So you'll have to show us some kool animations you'll be doing, now!

Speaking of animation... you have to check this out. This is just sooo friggin' awsome! absolutely astonishing 3D work (.. I don't think you need to login to access it). Link to the animation (3 different sizes to choose from) is right below the images:
http://forums.cgsoci...ad.php?t=353939

#9 seawise

seawise

Guru

• Designer
  • 861 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 08:35 PM

Hey that was awesome. Thanks for the link.

#10 plum1974

plum1974

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:03 AM

I'm reading " How to Stubbornly Refuse to Make Yourself Miserable About Anything" by Albert Ellis.

#11 nepharius

nepharius

• Designer
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 07:12 AM

"Digital Lighting and Rendering" its a 3d book by New Riders. I've had it for quite awhile and I'm just now getting around to reading it.

resurepus
- I recommend "The Illusion of Life", if you haven't read it already. It's like the animators bible. It focuses on the fundamentals of animation. A fantastic book, especially if your a Disney fan like me.

#12 Zii

Zii

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 83 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 09:55 PM

I read 2 books now - 'Graphic Design School - Thames & Hudson' and 'Jessamy - Barbara Sleigh' for relaxation :)

#13 gratus

gratus

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 04:44 PM

"Grids for the internet and other digital media" by Veruschka Götz

#14 pentool

pentool

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 264 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:05 AM

"Digital Lighting and Rendering" its a 3d book by New Riders. I've had it for quite awhile and I'm just now getting around to reading it.

HEEEY that's what I'm reading now, too!

#15 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

"Complete PHP Programming" and for fun a book called "Little Green Men"...both are good so far LOL
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#16 cyrus0222

cyrus0222

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 03:25 AM

1984. Trying to actually read all the classics I was supposed to read in high school but spark noted instead!

#17 Air_Inn

Air_Inn

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

I don't read much I tend to start a book and never finish.. I secretly hope someone could make movies out of the books I never finished so I can see how they end....:)

#18 Larisa

Larisa

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:56 AM

Doesn't anyone read novels? :p
I just finished reading The Maze Runner. It was fairly good, left me wanting to read the next in the series and I would recommend to anyone interested. :)

When Thomas wakes up in the lift, the only thing he can remember is his first name. His memory is blank. But he’s not alone. When the lift’s doors open, Thomas finds himself surrounded by kids who welcome him to the Glade—a large, open expanse surrounded by stone walls.

Just like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why or how they got to the Glade. All they know is that every morning the stone doors to the maze that surrounds them have opened. Every night they’ve closed tight. And every 30 days a new boy has been delivered in the lift.

Thomas was expected. But the next day, a girl is sent up—the first girl to ever arrive in the Glade. And more surprising yet is the message she delivers.

Thomas might be more important than he could ever guess. If only he could unlock the dark secrets buried within his mind.

#19 whiteangels3

whiteangels3

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

I am reading novels. Guys you really need to read something interesting. I reccomend you to read "Tunnels" by Gordon & Williams. It's about a boy who goes deep in the earth in search for his father.

#20 julietee

julietee

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

I just finished Life of Pi, by Yann Patel. AMAZING book. Reading Demons by Dosteovsky right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users