&nsbp;

#1 Nubs

Nubs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 May 2006 - 08:37 PM

Hello,

I wanted to see what you guys and gals thought about the new direction of my identity. Please view the logo and general feel at the coming soon page on www.naveedlalani.com. I already have the business cards at the printer, and am currently working on branding guidelines along with letterheads, envelopes, etc - the whole nine yards.

Some of you may have seen my old site, which was techier looking and honestly thrown together in a few days. Now that I am committed to doing design as a career and will be meeting and greeting many industry professional (especially in NYC over the summer), I wanted something more professional, but still fun. And a logo that means more, but is still simple.

The new website, which I will be working on over the next month, will contain many new portfolio pieces that are not on the old site. It will also be more organized, to the point and have a bit of integrated flash.

If you are interested, please sign in your name in that input box so that I may update you when the new site is up. Be assured that I respect your privacy and the email address won't be given out to anyone. In fact, I am only going to send one update which will be when the site is up. There will be a separate option to subscribe to a mailing list to receive other updates on the new site itself.

Thank you in advance for your constructive criticism!

Best,
Naveed Lalani

#2 Nubs

Nubs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 May 2006 - 12:23 AM

--------------------------------------------------
UPDATE:

Alright, the identity system is done! I tried to take a few pics, but my camera was acting up so I just mocked it up in photoshop... looks pretty close to the actual.

Posted Image

Click Here to View Full!

I would love some feedback.

Thanks,
Naveed

#3 StudioMeridian

StudioMeridian

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 06:46 PM

I love the color scheme and you've laid out the design very well across the board. Your logo is playful yet professional. I only have one criticism. And please take this as constructive criticism. I understand that you were trying to adopt the cursor to align with the profile of the face but by doing it this way, it appears as though the arrow is going straight up the nose. It tends to be quite heavy in that area and I'm thinking 'sinuses' at first glance. A quick suggestion...computer arrows tend to be on an angle rather than pointing straight up and the use of the angle in your logo may help in reinforcing the idea that it's a computer cursor instead of a simple arrow pointing upward. Overall, it looks fantastic!

#4 Nubs

Nubs

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 62 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:38 PM

Thank you very much for your constructive criticism!

I definately understand the sinus remark, haha. A few others have also made that comment. I did try many different options before deciding upon this, it was very hard to keep it simple and still have the slanted cursor. So I decided to keep it pointing up (also its symbolic of something positive). Hopefully with the new site, that won't be much of an issue.

Glad you liked it!

-naveed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users