Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

CorelCAD Sweep Command seems seriously buggy... Is there a workaround?

• Please log in to reply

#1 Guest_mevector_*

Guest_mevector_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:17 AM

CorelCAD sweep seems seriously buggy and is very inconsistent in operation when used with the TWIST option -
It seems unable to understand the change in path when creating spirals, and is unable to calculate correctly the difference between what is genuinely on the same plane as the path and what is not.
Worse, it often just fails outright and deletes the object that I'm trying to sweep, then gives me the error: No object was suitable to sweep
However if I attempt the same operation, with the same angles in a clean document ( assuming I've already angled the plane of the object so it's not the same as the path ) it usually works, though it seems to take around 20 seconds to complete the operation and runs like a pig after that when it does succeed.
Is there any workaround or patch for this? Please advise if more information is required.
Also, just to criticise, the help for sweep is pretty seriously inadequate, so it might be that the application is just deficient and not entirely buggy in this respect.
Background: I am trying to create threads for 3D parts that screw together. Attempting to create threads is nearly impossible. Patch level: 12.4.056

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users