• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

For DotM - Designer of the Month! Good job! :)

I enjoyed reading your designer info in the newsletter. By the way, I'm a 'Sandra' too! I always wanted to ask about your avatar and screen name - do you care to share the significance?

#2 InspireIT

InspireIT

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

Just read the newsletter, Wow well done Babba, you deserve it, often see your designs at the top or there abouts.

Keep up the good work in both your design and Mod.

Best Regards.

#3 like an angel

like an angel

• Designer
  • 1422 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Congrats Sandra :)
you deserve it my friend .. and i also really enjoyed your interview in the newsletter ^_^

oh & i share the same question with Sandra (paintedPony) ..Also always wondered about the name & avatar :D

Greetings

♥ Selma ♥
DesignContest on Facebook

#4 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

Congrats Sandra,
I like your interview a lot and your designs. I beleive you are one of those who make our community here a better place. Always helpfull and objective. And thanks for helping me wenever I needed.:)

#5 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Oooh dear Painted Pony... or better Sandra:D
Thank you so, so much for writing a thread for me... I am touched:).
I was surprised whey I got a letter from DC about DotM, wondering how I deserve it among all of you, great designers and people here.
The avatar, is an image I had created 3 years ago, like a first "huge" project in PhotoShop. I just came to my head while I was sleeping. Next morning it was my task. I collected images of all different metal surface and objects, and used them as a pattern, to cover the photo of my face (as reference). It is called "Iron lady" or "I Robot":D.
And Babba... in my native language "baba" is an old age lady or grandmothers. But also is used in negative or funny way to describe an old grumpy lady.... and sometime I feel like that, in a funny way:D.

Sandra, thank you so much one more time, I appreciate your support a lot!!!!

#6 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

@InspireIT - thank you my friend!!! I think many designers here deserve it, and looking forward to see your name and story there:D

@Selma - Thanky you my Angel friend:D You know I appreciate your support our Angel:D

@Savina - Thank you Savina!!! I am trying my best to deliver, both in designing and to community. Regarding design, I am still learning... that never stops.
I would like to make DC better place... thinking DC is the guilty one for making me going this way, into the graphic design. Further on, when I think how much time we all spend here, it is like our home. Then, we should all do our best to make it that way.
:D

THANK YOU ALL, MY WONDERFUL FELLOWS!!!!

Edited by Babba, 03 February 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#7 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:29 AM

Hi Babba~ You are welcome - you deserve it! :) Thanks for sharing about your name and avatar. I always wonder what the reference is behind designers' names and images.

Cheers!

#8 ponchosqueal

ponchosqueal

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:21 AM

Babba Sandra, congratulations. Very good job, I specially enjoy your entries for Designers Up North, Fregie and many others.

#9 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:25 PM

Sandra, I'm also wondering about designer's usernames and avatars. How about yours? It is clearly (I think:)) you love horses and ponies.

#10 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Thank you dear Ponchosqueal!
Congratulations on the first gold from the other day!!!:D

#11 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hi Babba~ Your name and avatar are very unique. Good job on the iron lady avatar! I think Babba is a cute name. :)

My avatar is of course a photo of me with one of my horses. Her name is Triple Painted Elegance (barn name is Ellie) and she has blue eyes. Kind of rare/unusual for a horse. I raised/imprinted her from birth (and own her mom too). She is an American Paint horse, so I named my freelance business Painted Pony Studios. The name has several meanings and refers to the type of horses that I have and also painting/art. Carousel horses are also referred to as 'Painted Ponies' and are works of art. The antique ponies were hand carved and hand painted.

I actually started a thread a while back that you might enjoy reading:
http://www.designcon...ame-avatar.html

#12 Elijah

Elijah

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

Congrats Babba, dont know why but i always thought you were a dude :D

You deserved the Fregie contest, i didnt worry much about it cause i thought you had nailed it from the start.

#13 ponchosqueal

ponchosqueal

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Me too, I thought you were a grumpy guy. And yup, Fregie should've been yours.

#14 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

Painted Pony - really? Blue eyes?!?!?!?!?!?! That's unique!
Thank you for sharing the story:)))
I remember the thread... but also remember I haven't read it:o I must!

#15 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

@Elijah
@Ponchosqueal (please give us shorter name for forum only:))

Hahahahaha LOL I am not surprised You thought I were a dude. :D I don't know... on every forum or social media people think I am a dude :p

Thank you!!! I did a reeeeeally haaaard job there... but that's life... I will reuse it, hopefully. Congrats to Lizonil!:)

P.S. how come you are not on FrogCow (something like that) contest? We have enough cows:).

#16 ponchosqueal

ponchosqueal

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Sandra, in Mexico we call 'Poncho' to the Alfonsos, Alfonso is my name but my fellow designers can call me Poncho. I am not in frogcow, don't feel really interested in putting black spots to a frog haha, I am busy with the fishmedia. How is it going?

#17 InspireIT

InspireIT

• Designer
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:36 AM

Hey Babba, I laughed so much when the frogcow contest appeared, with all the talk about the cow contest then the hopswitch comment you made about that, then this contest came along. I thought it maybe was a joke at first.

If I have time from other projects I might give this contest a go :)

#18 manila

manila

• Designer
  • 229 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Hey mod Babba! Congratulations.. you are now on the list of being 1 of DC's designer of the month... you deserved it!

#19 Radha

Radha

• Designer
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Congrats Babba, thanks for sharing your avatar story.

#20 Elijah

Elijah

• Designer
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Cowfrog is giving me a headache... and going nowhere :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users