adobe dreamweaver mx changing the language

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 ShiftingBlue

ShiftingBlue

• Designer
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

After looking through a bunch of old closed contests that have entries ranked with 80 or 90 points but with no winner declared, I've started wondering why all contests don't guarantee the prize money for the winner.

I understand that the site likes to advertise its "100% Money Back Guarantee", but from the designer standpoint it seems like this makes it incredibly easy to create a contest simply for idea generation, take a screenshot of the best entry, and have someone with a little photoshop or illustrator experience recreate the entry and not have to pay any of the prize money. I don't like feeling skeptical on whether or not I'll be paid even after a contest closes and I am firmly in the lead.

#2 Rocky30

Rocky30

• Designer
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

I don't understand very well how it works "guaranteed price" in some competitions, but I can comment you that when a contest is abandoned the money is distributed among the highest rated designs.. This has happened to me on occasion.
:cool:

#3 iNoesis

iNoesis

• Designer
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

I don't understand very well how it works "guaranteed price" in some competitions, but I can comment you that when a contest is abandoned the money is distributed among the highest rated designs.. This has happened to me on occasion.
:cool:

Yes I also got some money few times for abandoned contest. same time I wonder why CH doesn't choose a winner even they Paid!!!

#4 SiPilyo

SiPilyo

Banned

• Banned
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 02:19 PM

After looking through a bunch of old closed contests that have entries ranked with 80 or 90 points but with no winner declared, I've started wondering why all contests don't guarantee the prize money for the winner.

I understand that the site likes to advertise its "100% Money Back Guarantee", but from the designer standpoint it seems like this makes it incredibly easy to create a contest simply for idea generation, take a screenshot of the best entry, and have someone with a little photoshop or illustrator experience recreate the entry and not have to pay any of the prize money. I don't like feeling skeptical on whether or not I'll be paid even after a contest closes and I am firmly in the lead.

I AGREE WITH THIS IDEA. Why aren't all contest guaranteed? I have joined several contests and has been closed already but without winner...

100% Money Back Guarantee could be an advantage for the clients but I don't think that would be helpful for the designers...

Just an Idea of mine.

#5 Opheliact

Opheliact

• Designer
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

i guess the ch that dont guarantee their contest should expect lower quality of design

#6 landrum75

landrum75

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

I totally agree. I would hope that when a ch picks options for their contest that they are alerted that a pre-paid contest will generate much higher quality designs.

#7 uki1993

uki1993

Banned

• Banned
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

i agree, i have been in a few contest when no winner has been selected yet and its quite frustrating. On a designer stand point seems like we can be exploited

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adobe dreamweaver mx, changing the language

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users