Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

Phone support: Closed

We are back in: 1h 20m

Our business hours:

Mon — Fri, 2am — 8pm (EST)

US & EU support teams

How to reach 50 rating points and submit more than 3 entries?

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 Tabz

Tabz

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:16 PM

Hi there,

I'm new to DesignContest and I just submitted 3 entries to a contest. The Contest Holder has given positive feedback but I don't know how to submit another entry since my profile page says "To get to the next level you need to have 50 rating points and at least 1 forum post." I got a rating of 50/100 on my last entry. Is that the 50 that is required? I'm a bit confused.

Please advise.

Thank you.

#2 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

If you have a rating of over 30 in a contest you should be able to submit another design to the same contest, try it :)

Rating points are not assigned to your profile until the CH has chosen a winner so you won't level up until that contest has finished.

Edited by GJR, 24 September 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#3 Tabz

Tabz

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Thank you for the helpful info. I'll try to submit now.

#4 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

No problem. I had the exact same question when I first started. Good luck in the contest.

#5 MSDesigns

MSDesigns

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

Hey guys I've got a question too. I am in a contest, I've submitted 3 initial designs, I got a rating of 50/100 on my first entry and 80/100 on both my second and third entry. Then, I was able to submit three more designs. I submitted two, I got a rating of 80/100 on both of them and now I have the right to submit only one design. Shouldn't I be able to sumbit more after the rating I got? And why does my profile say I've got only 25 rating points? What determines how many rating points one has? Thanks in advance for your help!

#6 savina

savina

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 1290 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:26 PM

Hi MSDesigns,
You have now 30 rating points cause you receive 5pts for every forum post you make. You have 6 posts = 30 points. For the contest you entered - now you have 3 designs with 80/100 and 2 with 0/100 - so you have 3 entries plus 3 additional for the ones with 80/100. The client can change his mind about your points during the contest. You will receive your points from this contest when the client chooses a winner and you can move to the next level. For every level there is requirements for points and forum posts. You can read more about that in the help section. Good luck with the contest! :)

#7 MSDesigns

MSDesigns

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

Thanks so much Savina! You are very helpful! Good luck to you too! I wish you all the best!:)

#8 HamyDesigns

HamyDesigns

• Designer
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

I believe the contest has to be over for you to receive your rating points.

#9 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:39 PM

If you have a rating of over 30 in a contest you should be able to submit another design to the same contest, try it :)

Ah, that's why a contest allowed me to submit an extra two designs, when I got 80. I never did, though! Is it a rule, an error, or something?

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

Fero this depends , did the ch eliminate your other entries? what was the total number of entries you submitted to that contest, how many were rated, how many were eliminated?

Like us on facebook

#11 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Fero this depends , did the ch eliminate your other entries? what was the total number of entries you submitted to that contest, how many were rated, how many were eliminated?

Thank you for your response, i was going to ticket it, but i didn't want to bother you before clear it more.
As I recall; I submitted 2 designs, i got rated 80 and 60. Then I submitted the third which got 30. The next day, I submitted two; when i was submitting the last one (5), the page said that I can submit 3 rather than 1 (Level 2). I didn't take the chance as i thought it might be illegal.

Now my five designs are illuminated and I can not submit any.

#12 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Fero what contest?

Like us on facebook

#13 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

Fero what contest?

My Birthday Charity My Birthday Charity

#14 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Ok, I have looked at this......once the contestholder eliminates your entries and no request to edit or revise then you have no more entries. Most of the time this means your style or entries submitted were not what the ch was looking for. Sometimes clients will eliminate and ask for a revised version or simply ask to see something else not realizing they can give you another upload by rating 30 points or more.

No rules are being broke by submitting the entries you have available. If the ch eliminates all of your entries you will lose any that you had

Like us on facebook

#15 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

If the ch eliminates all of your entries you will lose any that you had

But not an open slot granted by my level I already have, right?

#16 poetraone

poetraone

• Designer
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

Savina thanks for the reply. very helpful for me. Thank you and good luck all

#17 Sheky

Sheky

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

Hey
i have 1000+ rating points and 10 forum posts but still my level is 4. what next to be 5 ?

#18 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 05:54 PM

i have 1000+ rating points and 10 forum posts but still my level is 4. what next to be 5 ?

Yes you have all requirements. Maybe some contests need to be completely closed (choosing winner) for the points to be count. Or; maybe your gold is still fresh or didn't deliver your source.

#19 Sheky

Sheky

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

Yes you have all requirements. Maybe some contests need to be completely closed (choosing winner) for the points to be count. Or; maybe your gold is still fresh or didn't deliver your source.

Thank you for your concern....now its showing level 5 Hurray!

#20 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

And I'm going there after you ... Gold-free ... till now ;) Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users