• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#21 sbradshaw

sbradshaw

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:29 AM

I'm just now catching onto what exactly it meant in the application posting at least 10 or more messages in the forum ^-^; I'm a beginner here and just learning the ropes of the site! So its taken me a bit of time to get everything together! I do look forwards to the experience of entering contest pieces later on though if I am elected and privileged to do so! I hope I can help benefit the site in any way possible ^_^ If there's any tips that can be offered to have a better chance at being accepted on the design team I'd apperciate comments ^_^
~ Behind every dark cloud is a shining silver ray of light! http://www.stealnight.com ~

#22 semaca2005

semaca2005

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:20 AM

did you think at the language barier? not everyone knows english so well... in this case is hard to understand all the things you say by everinone... some are just knowing a basic english... i thinck i belong to this group of "some" a little, because is a little barier in comunication
I understand everithing you are saying but is hard for me to express my self!!
And i'm not quait shure if i make my self understod ...

So what i whant to poit is the fact that the thing whit the voting on this criterion is wrong

the only criteri to chuse team members is from theyr worck!!!!

PS: I'm tired to say this... here it goes: I'm sorry fo my bad english :))

#23 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 06:22 AM

Actually, choosing based only on skill hasn't worked well for us in the past.

#24 baiskee

baiskee

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:21 AM

did you think at the language barier? not everyone knows english so well... in this case is hard to understand all the things you say by everinone... some are just knowing a basic english... i thinck i belong to this group of "some" a little, because is a little barier in comunication
I understand everithing you are saying but is hard for me to express my self!!
And i'm not quait shure if i make my self understod ...

So what i whant to poit is the fact that the thing whit the voting on this criterion is wrong

PS: I'm tired to say this... here it goes: I'm sorry fo my bad english :))

nice one semaca... at least you are trying to be understood. :cool:

#25 semaca2005

semaca2005

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:24 AM

nice one semaca... at least you are trying to be understood. :cool:

thanks for the support ;)

#26 northernmunki

northernmunki

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 05:37 PM

hi!
I have recently discovered DC and am currently waiting so i can apply to be part of the Design Team.
I was wondering, when it specifies "your own online portfolio" does this mean you have to create the site yourself or could you be a member of an online portfolio community?

I have an online portfolio with carbonmade.com and i was windering if this would suffice?
many Thanks!
nat

#27 semaca2005

semaca2005

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

hi!
I have recently discovered DC and am currently waiting so i can apply to be part of the Design Team.
I was wondering, when it specifies "your own online portfolio" does this mean you have to create the site yourself or could you be a member of an online portfolio community?

I have an online portfolio with carbonmade.com and i was windering if this would suffice?
many Thanks!
nat

i think you must make a site
here is mine www.adesigned.go.ro

there are a lot of free hosts

#28 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:08 PM

i think you must make a site
here is mine www.adesigned.go.ro

there are a lot of free hosts

Actually, it makes no difference. As long as everything is nicely organized into appropriate categories, any image host will do.

#29 Gck2702

Gck2702

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

So logopond is also correct?
Graphical.

#30 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

So logopond is also correct?

Yes.

#31 radical1321

radical1321

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:25 AM

Hi! I am hopefully a soon to be Design Team Member. I recently have lost all of my work on my computer because my computer harddrive completely failed. I didnt want to fork up money i didnt have to get the recovery, so my warranty covered the replacement. I have to complete a new portfolio/retrieve/take pictures however, whatever. haha. Anywho, I will be applying very soon, very excited to hopefully become a designer. I've been on other forums like this and none seem to match the quality I've been looking at. Though, the voting seems to scare me a little bit. I hope it doesnt ever happen, but I think of those 'mean' people who think, 'more competition, vote no'.... I wasn't sure if this was ever thought of, but I seem to not get that out of my mind. I'm just hoping I get in. :p I also hope to do it VERY soon, because not realizing you had to go through a process to become a designer, I had already started on designs. WOOPS. I was eager to start. I love designing. I might put them in the works in progress if i can't make the deadline's intime.. just for fun. :) I've been on this site a long time just browsing too. people have nice work. sorry i think im getting off topic.

Basically, will/is there anyone who would 'abuse' the voting, for their gain? :|

THANKS! hope to see you soon on the designer team! (I have to wait a week, i just found this site today considering I just booted up my macbook today because the harddrive failure) :( wish i could of started earlier!

~Harrison/radical1321

#32 nevadabadgirl

nevadabadgirl

Guru

• Designer
  • 4217 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 08:17 AM

Basically, will/is there anyone who would 'abuse' the voting, for their gain? :|

No, I have never seen that. It is only one of many steps to become a design team member anyway, so don't worry about it too much.

Mostly make sure you make quality posts, and add to DC (knowledge, conversation, whatever you can), and the voting part will be a breeze.
You MUST be an Elite Designer to enter the contests. Please go to www.designcontest.net and follow the link that says "Love to Design" to get more information and the requirements for joining. There are NO EXCEPTIONS.

#33 radical1321

radical1321

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:35 PM

awesome. very excited. I'll definitely add my opinion and voice here at DC :).

#34 johnslmae

johnslmae

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:13 PM

I applied to become a Design Team Member earlier this week, and was rejected because my PayPal account was not set up properly (I think?). So I fixed that and re-applied. I haven't heard anything back, though. Should I apply again?

#35 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 03:11 AM

I applied to become a Design Team Member earlier this week, and was rejected because my PayPal account was not set up properly (I think?). So I fixed that and re-applied. I haven't heard anything back, though. Should I apply again?

The replies only occasionally come right away. Usually there is somewhat of a waiting period (probably till the end of the week). No need to send another :)

#36 Vovikus

Vovikus

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:41 AM

did you think at the language barier?...
...I understand everithing you are saying but is hard for me to express my self!!

Bravo! Semaca2005, yo're read my mind )))
People on this forum who know English from birth might not understand the feeling of people who don't know English well. Sometimes it's like a torture )))
P.S. Sorry for my poor engRish :o and "I understand everithing you are saying but is hard for me to express my self!!"

#37 JNT86

JNT86

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 01:32 AM

Actually, choosing based only on skill hasn't worked well for us in the past.

what have the problems been? shouldn't the objective be to get the best possible quality work to the clients?

#38 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 03:53 AM

what have the problems been? shouldn't the objective be to get the best possible quality work to the clients?

Best not to recall bad memories, but the issues have been enough to get some talented members banned. In the end, it does no good for us or the clients to have people around who can't show at least some interest in contributing positively to this site and following the rules we have in place. The voting helps filter out people who have no such interest.

#39 robyn

robyn

Banned

• Banned
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 04:54 AM

Hello, Yes... This system is good for us designers, well, the admin/community will judge you on how you are going to be useful to this site, and you have the quality and skills to make this portal healthy. And I guess, it aims to filter better designers, and It's great if you are one of fine selected :)

Cheers!
Good Designs = Profit
:cool: my works

#40 mattgfx

mattgfx

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 04:49 AM

I commend and thank all those who are part of the decision making and admin of this community. Sure no system is going to please everyone, what is the saying "You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time."
For a community this is not a bad set up. You have recruits basically and they are judged fairly, I hope, to some set standards. They are allowed some interaction into the community; to participate, mingle, share, learn, contribute etc/
The governing body isn't necissarily set up as a democracy, that would be lunacy in a place like this. I agree with what is said about the "time consumation" just look at the state our, well the United States, is in. We should be allowed to express our opinions and give advice and rant and rave- and we are. All those things help in making the community better. I do feel better that a small group of people with the interest of the Community "first" make the rules and decisions.
Here are a few things to consider, and note at the time I am writting this I am still just a recruit
1. we are not paying to be members
2. this can be great self-promotion
3. we meet people in our field that we normally would never meet(all across the globe)
4. there is a lot of time and effort spent on admining and moderating and making the tough decisions
5. the purpose of a community isn't about an individual, it's about the whole community (if you want to enter a contest right away and not be bothered by a whole bunch of rules and regulations I am sure there are alot of other contests out there.

I am sure I left out 100 more points but as you can tell I don't write long posts(woops)
So I thank you for reading this if you made it this far and if you didn't and are just reading the last part here well thanks as well ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users