• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#61 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 03:11 PM

Even if you resize them they won't become this low quality, unless you resized them with MS paint. Photoshop and Illustrator both when you resize the pictures they will both look perfect. Illustrator vectors will never become pixelated even when you resize them. And Photoshop got anti alias or any auto filters that make them size down correct.

There is no way picture can be size down and get this bad quality. I have been working with various photo editing programs since 2000 , and done various game texture. Making textures I was only one who made them first in a bigger size and when the textures is done to size them down to keep better quality instead of making the texture directly in the correct size, cause it will have even better quality and more sharper and detailed and less blurred then making it in correct size.

And BMP ? So for what would you use this file for? There is noway a costumer would ever ask for a bmp file. And for what I see your small list you gave are not even the most important files that are used by designers.

So if you got 30 years of experience and know everything answer these simple questions that every designer who have been working in the business should know. I even make it easy for you with multiple answers.

Which resolution will you use for a billboard cause it is so big?
72 or 100 dpi - 300dpi - higer then 300dpi depending on the size.

Which program do you prepare the file in for print?
Adobe acrobat with pdf- Photoshop self psd - photoshop with pdf - photoshop any file is good - Adobe Indesign pdf

What is most common file for a logo?
Ai - EPS - PDF - PSD -TIFF - any file the client wants

open question
How do you convert a RGB photo in photoshop to CYMK for the best print?

These are question you can only answer if you have ever made them or really had worked for a company before.

#62 kshdzines

kshdzines

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

Even if you resize them they won't become this low quality, unless you resized them with MS paint. Photoshop and Illustrator both when you resize the pictures they will both look perfect. Illustrator vectors will never become pixelated even when you resize them. And Photoshop got anti alias or any auto filters that make them size down correct.

There is no way picture can be size down and get this bad quality. I have been working with various photo editing programs since 2000 , and done various game texture. Making textures I was only one who made them first in a bigger size and when the textures is done to size them down to keep better quality instead of making the texture directly in the correct size, cause it will have even better quality and more sharper and detailed and less blurred then making it in correct size.

And BMP ? So for what would you use this file for? There is noway a costumer would ever ask for a bmp file. And for what I see your small list you gave are not even the most important files that are used by designers.

So if you got 30 years of experience and know everything answer these simple questions that every designer who have been working in the business should know. I even make it easy for you with multiple answers.

Adobe acrobat with pdf- Photoshop self psd - photoshop with pdf - photoshop any file is good - Adobe Indesign pdf

open question

These are question you can only answer if you have ever made them or really had worked for a company before.

The nerve of you to sit there and basically tell me I have NOT worked for a company and have no experience...
Ever here of a firm called "Campbell Ewald"...look them up. They offered me an onsite job, and your opinion means nothing to me...squat.
Now you are going to write this kind of crap when you know I said...I WILL NOT COME BACK HERE, You are going to still degrade me?

:rolleyes:...unbelievable, you are kidding me right? You are wrong on all counts Mr. "know it all" "There is no way picture can be size down and get this bad quality"

Thanks for writing this because you have now confirmed that the team members here are exactly what I have thought all along... 20 year old know it alls......:p what a joke, I don't owe you any explanation because as I said... I want no part of DC...
Gee...must have been you that went to the other site and voiced...:D and your a tad upset I brought it up.

Now...for all of you members here at DC....thrash all you want, because it sure isn't making you look too good...:p
And as for myself...I leave here with dignity and pride because you have not brought me down in the least. I respected a lot of the opinions that were given to me, and I stated that, but when your so called member sits there and insinuates I have never worked with this before, or for a comapny and demands questions be answered to try and prove myself???....Thats sad and I resent it. And you took this person on as a "member"...As I stated earlier...you should of had him/her take an ethics exam as well. I'd almost bet this is the member that compared DC at the other site...:p Gave yourself away.

Give it up because like i said....I will NOT be back here.
Oh, by the way...not tough questions at all except for the billboard...cant answer that one cuz I never did one...what a joke.
"My Vision is to be able to give to you, "Your Vision"

#63 NancyCarter

NancyCarter

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 827 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:21 PM

Eek. Was this necessary?

There are clear reasons that DC declined Karen's application. She made her frustrations known here and privately and heard from several people why her application might not have been accepted.

Why be combative after her bowing out? Karen said she was done and her last words here were 'thank you'. Could it not be left at that? It's not easy being turned down, declined. Nor it is easy to have your portfolio so highly scrutinized and criticized.

Not only do I take issue with the fact that you would presume yourself in a positition to 'test' the skills and knowledge of another (rudely at that!) I would take issue with the "test" itself. There are inaccuracies in it's introduction and it's wording makes it difficult to understand and technically unanswerable.

"There is no way picture can be size down and get this bad quality." If you open a gif, scale, and save it as a jpg in Illustrator - you get inconsistent and poor results. I know this is not what you meant, but it is possible to use Illustrator and Photoshop and get undesired results.

"... to size them down to keep better quality instead of making the texture directly in the correct size..." If a single pixel or fine line drawing is the goal, scaling down is not ideal. Drawing to scale IS prefereable and yields better results in this case. Drawing to scale gives you control over the exact detailed redering of each pixel. A small minimum-color icon is a good example of an instance when scaling down might not be ideal.

I have cleints ask for BMP frequently! For all differnt kinds of reasons, but mostly they are uneducated regarding file types and *think* that they need this file. But it is NOT uncommon to recieve a request for it at all. It's just an old school file format, familiar to people.

Karen's file format list: I have to disagree with you, Chung, I use vectors in the course of every day's work and most would agree that these are VERY "important files used by designers"! Karen's file list was not irrelevent.

Karen also said she outputs to 300 dpi for printed pieces. Why challenge her on this?

"What is most common file for a logo?" One might answer GIF and be correct. Any company with a website likely has this file format and might use it more often than any other! My clients rely on the accessible and usable file formats such as GIF, JPG, WMF... for use on fax cover sheets, Word docs, PPT, etc. Their VENDORS and designers require the less accessible files (ai, eps...etc) The question is poorly worded and there is no single right answer.

Regarding your print question -- also poorly worded-- what do you mean? Photoshop, Illustrator, PDF files native to AI or PS, CMYK Hires JPGS... all are acceptable file formats for print and can yield perfect output. Ideal file types or formats are NO garentee that the files will print well. Proper set up and/or export is what matters. Each of those file formats can contain lo-res poor quality artwork and produce ghastly printed results! Your question really proves nothing.

"How do you convert a RGB photo in photoshop to CYMK for the best print?" Anyone could look up (online and in books) answers to each and every question in this business. I would hope that we all so. If I can't find it in a book or online, I can call my print vendor for advice and specs.
http://www.printingf...m/rgb-cmyk.html
http://www.newsandte.../04-05_nate.htm
http://www.digitaldo...Kconversons.pdf
Reference and cross reference. It's not hard to find and learn the answers to any question.

"These are question you can only answer if you have ever made them or really had worked for a company before." Plain and simple, this is an untrue statement. *Everything can be learned or discovered.* I learn something every day.

Karen, you have a great attitude for your clients. It's clear in several of your answers that you care much for the quality of service you provide. You let the customer always be right - which is an attitude lost in this (mememe!) generation. I encourage you however to educate your clients about useful file formats - you can do this and still provide them with their requests. I too am careful to serve my clients well - gentle education is a large part of how I serve them.

I have clients ask me to redraw artwork all the time. Please, take care to ensure proper licenses or copyrights are in place and respected. Extend the same courtesy and respect for others' artwork as you would want for your own or that you have provided for your clinets! Clients aren't always privy to nor do they think about copyrights regarding artwork "found" online. One day it might be YOUR artwork (owned by your client) that is found and copied.

I'm sorry you got dragged back.

I do wish you continued success.

open question

Blessings,
Nancy

www.NancyCarterDesign.com

#64 kshdzines

kshdzines

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

Eek. Was this necessary?

There are clear reasons that DC declined Karen's application. She made her frustrations known here and privately and heard from several people why her application might not have been accepted.

Why be combative after her bowing out? Karen said she was done and her last words here were 'thank you'. Could it not be left at that? It's not easy being turned down, declined. Nor it is easy to have your portfolio so highly scrutinized and criticized.

Not only do I take issue with the fact that you would presume yourself in a positition to 'test' the skills and knowledge of another (rudely at that!) I would take issue with the "test" itself. There are inaccuracies in it's introduction and it's wording makes it difficult to understand and technically unanswerable.

"There is no way picture can be size down and get this bad quality." If you open a gif, scale, and save it as a jpg in Illustrator - you get inconsistent and poor results. I know this is not what you meant, but it is possible to use Illustrator and Photoshop and get undesired results.

"... to size them down to keep better quality instead of making the texture directly in the correct size..." If a single pixel or fine line drawing is the goal, scaling down is not ideal. Drawing to scale IS prefereable and yields better results in this case. Drawing to scale gives you control over the exact detailed redering of each pixel. A small minimum-color icon is a good example of an instance when scaling down might not be ideal.

I have cleints ask for BMP frequently! For all differnt kinds of reasons, but mostly they are uneducated regarding file types and *think* that they need this file. But it is NOT uncommon to recieve a request for it at all. It's just an old school file format, familiar to people.

Karen's file format list: I have to disagree with you, Chung, I use vectors in the course of every day's work and most would agree that these are VERY "important files used by designers"! Karen's file list was not irrelevent.

Karen also said she outputs to 300 dpi for printed pieces. Why challenge her on this?

"What is most common file for a logo?" One might answer GIF and be correct. Any company with a website likely has this file format and might use it more often than any other! My clients rely on the accessible and usable file formats such as GIF, JPG, WMF... for use on fax cover sheets, Word docs, PPT, etc. Their VENDORS and designers require the less accessible files (ai, eps...etc) The question is poorly worded and there is no single right answer.

Regarding your print question -- also poorly worded-- what do you mean? Photoshop, Illustrator, PDF files native to AI or PS, CMYK Hires JPGS... all are acceptable file formats for print and can yield perfect output. Ideal file types or formats are NO garentee that the files will print well. Proper set up and/or export is what matters. Each of those file formats can contain lo-res poor quality artwork and produce ghastly printed results! Your question really proves nothing.

"How do you convert a RGB photo in photoshop to CYMK for the best print?" Anyone could look up (online and in books) answers to each and every question in this business. I would hope that we all so. If I can't find it in a book or online, I can call my print vendor for advice and specs.
Reference and cross reference. It's not hard to find and learn the answers to any question.

"These are question you can only answer if you have ever made them or really had worked for a company before." Plain and simple, this is an untrue statement. *Everything can be learned or discovered.* I learn something every day.

Karen, you have a great attitude for your clients. It's clear in several of your answers that you care much for the quality of service you provide. You let the customer always be right - which is an attitude lost in this (mememe!) generation. I encourage you however to educate your clients about useful file formats - you can do this and still provide them with their requests. I too am careful to serve my clients well - gentle education is a large part of how I serve them.

I have clients ask me to redraw artwork all the time. Please, take care to ensure proper licenses or copyrights are in place and respected. Extend the same courtesy and respect for others' artwork as you would want for your own or that you have provided for your clinets! Clients aren't always privy to nor do they think about copyrights regarding artwork "found" online. One day it might be YOUR artwork (owned by your client) that is found and copied.

I'm sorry you got dragged back.

I do wish you continued success.

Thank you, Nancy...your message is appreciated. I had to let you know this. Just know, it wasn't all about being declined, it was much more than that, I accepted the decline with dignity. When I came and voiced about another member having the nerve to compare DC to them, that whole posting turned into "let's thrash Karen's portfolio"...I had already accepted the decline and went on my way. Obviously, the fact I returned to mention one of the DC members basically putting down another site and compared them to DC, which I thought was an unethical thing to do. So, my punishment was to get thrased about my portfolio; not the real issue that was at hand.

Thank you for backing me on Chung's last posting.

Good Luck and I wish you success.

#65 kshdzines

kshdzines

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 07:59 PM

The nerve of you to sit there and basically tell me I have NOT worked for a company and have no experience...
Ever here of a firm called "Campbell Ewald"...look them up. They offered me an onsite job, and your opinion means nothing to me...squat.
Now you are going to write this kind of crap when you know I said...I WILL NOT COME BACK HERE, You are going to still degrade me?

:rolleyes:...unbelievable, you are kidding me right? You are wrong on all counts Mr. "know it all" "There is no way picture can be size down and get this bad quality"

Thanks for writing this because you have now confirmed that the team members here are exactly what I have thought all along... 20 year old know it alls......:p what a joke, I don't owe you any explanation because as I said... I want no part of DC...
Gee...must have been you that went to the other site and voiced...:D and your a tad upset I brought it up.

Now...for all of you members here at DC....thrash all you want, because it sure isn't making you look too good...:p
And as for myself...I leave here with dignity and pride because you have not brought me down in the least. I respected a lot of the opinions that were given to me, and I stated that, but when your so called member sits there and insinuates I have never worked with this before, or for a comapny and demands questions be answered to try and prove myself???....Thats sad and I resent it. And you took this person on as a "member"...As I stated earlier...you should of had him/her take an ethics exam as well. I'd almost bet this is the member that compared DC at the other site...:p Gave yourself away.

Give it up because like i said....I will NOT be back here.
Oh, by the way...not tough questions at all except for the billboard...cant answer that one cuz I never did one...what a joke.

By the way...I do not own "Paint"...I only work in the 3 programs I mentioned, Photoshop, Illustrator and Fireworks. Obviously I size down in one of the three, so again...you were wrong there.

#66 kshdzines

kshdzines

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:13 PM

Thank you, Nancy...your message is appreciated. I had to let you know this. Just know, it wasn't all about being declined, it was much more than that, I accepted the decline with dignity. When I came and voiced about another member having the nerve to compare DC to them, that whole posting turned into "let's thrash Karen's portfolio"...I had already accepted the decline and went on my way. Obviously, the fact I returned to mention one of the DC members basically putting down another site and compared them to DC, which I thought was an unethical thing to do. So, my punishment was to get thrased about my portfolio; not the real issue that was at hand.

Thank you for backing me on Chung's last posting.

Good Luck and I wish you success.

I withdraw my statement pointed to "all" members, it is obvious some of you are really great people and I respect your opinions.
Sincerely,
karen

#67 Chung Dha

Chung Dha

Guru

• Designer
  • 1439 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:03 PM

Eek. Was this necessary?

This is al because she said she worked at a design company and have experience more then 30 years. I have met people working years and some even more than 30 years in the field and know all the principles, and I am really doubting her credibility and truth of what she said.

Uhm Illustrator self can support resizing down pictures and still be good quality. Only adobe where you get bad results are flash, dreamweaver or Indesign. Because they are not made to edit picture but already expect you to have made the picture correct in the other programs.

Doubt you had any experience in this field. Lets say a take a picture is bit blurred when you see it in total big. When you resize this down it, suddenly because charper because the blur is gone away. Normal textures size are 512 but I make them on 2048 so I can also work on very small detail that you can't edit perfect with the normal size, otherwise you need to paint every part with the pen with 1 pixel so this is no way it would work. Would be way easier using brushes one sizes that are easier to see with your eyes.

Everything you size down is sharper and so also more detailed looking. Only scaling it up looses detail and get blurred or pixelated is this a very simple thing every one knows

BMP is not a file that graphic designers ever will use or deliver. It is a format that is more common for allot of games but not for any graphic design. Also I never had people asking for BMP, the most common they ask because they don't know that there is a program called Illustrator, is PSD files because they know photoshop. Uhm BMP is not most familiar everyone know jpg and gif more then a BMP.

300dpi on which size. Would a logo of 300pixel x 90 pixel with 300 dpi ever fit on a billboard and not be blurred or pixelated? Don't think so, 300dpi without the dimensions means totally nothing.

Most common is EPS and know why. This is because every Adobe program plus almost each version can open them. This means conversion between old and new programs will have zero to no problem. If you send Ai you have problems if people open them on an older version which can not open new versions.

OMG, A printer will always ask a PDF but the most proper export with perfect size is using Indesign to export. Ok now doubting your credibility. I would never send a Hires JPG to my printer, would be mad to do that. Also PDF because you can show crop and bleed marks and also overprint for glossy effects.

You have them all incorrect though. Photographs need convert profiles and not just convert with edit image and then change list from rgb to cymk. Convert to correct profiles are best so the color will be in the range that the certain printer can print.

How would you know if Karen is telling the truth she can try to impress with lying about things.

#68 kshdzines

kshdzines

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:22 PM

This is al because she said she worked at a design company and have experience more then 30 years. I have met people
working years and some even more than 30 years in the field and know all the principles, and I am really doubting her credibility and truth of what she said.

Uhm Illustrator self can support resizing down pictures and still be good quality. Only adobe where you get bad results are flash, dreamweaver or Indesign. Because they are not made to edit picture but already expect you to have made the picture correct in the other programs.

Doubt you had any experience in this field. Lets say a take a picture is bit blurred when you see it in total big. When you resize this down it, suddenly because charper because the blur is gone away. Normal textures size are 512 but I make them on 2048 so I can also work on very small detail that you can't edit perfect with the normal size, otherwise you need to paint every part with the pen with 1 pixel so this is no way it would work. Would be way easier using brushes one sizes that are easier to see with your eyes.

Everything you size down is sharper and so also more detailed looking. Only scaling it up looses detail and get blurred or pixelated is this a very simple thing every one knows

BMP is not a file that graphic designers ever will use or deliver. It is a format that is more common for allot of games but not for any graphic design. Also I never had people asking for BMP, the most common they ask because they don't know that there is a program called Illustrator, is PSD files because they know photoshop. Uhm BMP is not most familiar everyone know jpg and gif more then a BMP.

300dpi on which size. Would a logo of 300pixel x 90 pixel with 300 dpi ever fit on a billboard and not be blurred or pixelated? Don't think so, 300dpi without the dimensions means totally nothing.

Most common is EPS and know why. This is because every Adobe program plus almost each version can open them. This means conversion between old and new programs will have zero to no problem. If you send Ai you have problems if people open them on an older version which can not open new versions.

OMG, A printer will always ask a PDF but the most proper export with perfect size is using Indesign to export. Ok now doubting your credibility. I would never send a Hires JPG to my printer, would be mad to do that. Also PDF because you can show crop and bleed marks and also overprint for glossy effects.

You have them all incorrect though. Photographs need convert profiles and not just convert with edit image and then change list from rgb to cymk. Convert to correct profiles are best so the color will be in the range that the certain printer can print.

How would you know if Karen is telling the truth she can try to impress with lying about things.

Doubt my "credibility and honesty? Now you have the gall to accuse me of lieing?? ? to impress?? Impress who and what? I have NO reason to lie about my past experience, and you mr. Chung need to get a grip on your holier than thou attitude...
I have No reason to lie...it gets one nowhere in life in the long run. ..I can not believe you are basically slandering me, nor can I believe that you are a team member here when all you speak is jibberish and take pride in degrading people. So much of what you say is "untrue", yet you continue to "try" and impress with your "mr. know it all attitude" ...AND you not only continue to slander/libel and degrade me and my name but now question Nancy's expertise? You seriously have some issues going on with yourself, and I believe sincerely you are the one who took a stab at the site I was referring to at the beginning of this whole mess and this is why you are attacking me and accusing me of lies. How dare you. You need to take your 23 year old attitude and give it a major adjustment in this world of "ethics" because you have none...nadda

Try again here. vector maybe, bmp, jpg, etc,.not......Please...how ridiculous is this statement?

Look at all the writing you did trying to convince everyone you know it all, and the fact you are trying to ruin my defamation of character, (little do you know. In case you dont know what that means...)
Defamation is the issuance of a false statement about another person, which causes that person to suffer harm.
The term defamation of character is often used to describe accusations of slander, libel or both. Slander involves verbal derogatory statements, while libel involves written ones.

I suggest you just end this whole thing before you really overstep your boundaries. Grow up and, please...do yourself a favor...takes a humanities class, it may help you.

#69 NancyCarter

NancyCarter

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 827 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:25 PM

--- I am speaking of what is POSSIBLE not advisable or likely with expert use. Also there is the consideration of versions - older versions are not quite as forgiving. You tend to speak in absolutes. To do so not only do you come off arrogant, but your statements are inaccurate. It IS possible to scale in Illustrator and get bad results.

Doubt you had any experience in this field.

--- What field? Again you speak in absolutes. There are indeed times when drawing at scale has its advantages. I agree that larger is usually preferrable and gives you the most options for future applications and smoother down-sizing. You missed my point entirely, tho. I do not debate how dithering and scaling can work together to create some fine smaller images. To state that there is ONE acceptable method for all applications is narrow-minded.

BMP is not a file that graphic designers ever will use or deliver.

--- Your age is showing. There was a day when BMP was the preferred and primary electronic image file. Large and clunky. Since MY client base is highly diverse in age and tech savviness, I get all kinds of requests. People usually ask out of their own underdanding - they ask for what they THINK they need. And as you put it "they don't know that there is a program called Illustrator" so they ask for what they know and sometimes with those who have been around a while will ask for BMPs.

--- since DPI is a ratio, dots per inch, it DOES mean 'something'. 300 dots per inch are just that 300 dots per inch. If it's one inch, there's 300 dots! If it's 100 inches there are 30000 dots. Now if you scale a 1 inch file up to 100 inches, then you are right, you spread 300 dots over 100 inches. Ick. But here again your wording and absolutes make you wrong. She said the creates them at 300DPI.

--- "Common" means 'widespread, prevalent, most widely known'... Again your question is poorly worded and any file type that is frequestly used is still the right answer. Additionally, saving as an EPS is not faultless means of relaying files accross different versions of software. As in all of life there are exceptions to the rules.

Gotprint.com
We accept the following file formats TIF, TIFF, JPG, EPS, PNG and PDF
http://gotprint.net/...ring_files.html

ADGprinting
Acceptable File Types tif, psd, jpg, pdf, eps, ai, bmp (ironic, eh?? I would not use this file type of course, I just think it's funny that it's listed)
http://www.adgprinti...cleedesign.html

PrintRunner requires you submit your artwork in one of the following formats:
Adobe Illustrator (.ai, .eps)
Adobe Photoshop (.psd, .tif, .jpg)
Adobe InDesign
QuarkXpress(.qxd)
Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
http://www.printrunn...faq_form.aspx#6

--- Most print vendors accept a WIDE rage of file formats with (if properly set up) excellent results. A PDF can be exported from MS WORD with a lo-res gif file inserted in it, for goodness sakes!! A PDF file is no greater than what it's native to and the skill with which it was set up. A PDF could contain a JPG, hi or lo res, RGB or CMYK. A PDF is not a shoo-in for quality print work, not as a rule. Again it is NOT the file format so much as the content and skill applied to its set up.

--- Did you read those links? They did indeed go into depth about considerations, pallete, profiles, and methodology for conversion and, yes, beyond that of simply changing the color mode.

--- My reply wasn't in defense of Karen's truth telling or not, it was in response to your arrogant and rude reply. It was simply un-called-for. She was leaving the site, with a little dignity, there was no reason to go after her further and certainly not with such aggression and self-righteousness. She had already admitted that she didn't consider herself the best designer, she didn't claim to know everything, she tried to defend what she does know. Why would you go after her?

There is more to good business than knowing everything and being better than everyone.
Blessings,
Nancy

#70 NancyCarter

NancyCarter

Elite Designer

• Designer
  • 827 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:27 PM

...do yourself a favor...takes a humanities class, it may help you.

LOLLed at this!
Blessings,
Nancy

#71 _Redrum

_Redrum

Retired Admin

• Designer
  • 1957 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 01:12 AM

Karen don't get me wrong -- I'm not trying to start anything up again -- otherwise I would have replied to your latest PM. But to be fair, you did say this in your initial post:

I was happy to see that there are other designers there who feel the same about DC as I do and who have also tried several times to become a member here and they were rejected. This confirms my thoughts about how you all operate here at DC.

It's no surprise that after reading those words, resurepus and others will try to explain why you may be incorrect in thinking that way.

Here's what I find holds true in most situations: Those who think others are bad or out to get them or whatever it may be, are usually wrong. There are very few people who actually go out of their way to be mean to others (most of them are probably in jail). The probability of running into one is low. The probability of running into an entire site of them is laughably low. In most cases, it's just a misunderstanding of other people's thought processes and cultural/social uniqueness, especially on the Internet.

So can we please leave it at that...(talking to everyone)? Because it's getting very tempting to just close this thread; its main topic has nothing to do with any of this.

#72 kshdzines

kshdzines

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 61 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:20 AM

Karen don't get me wrong -- I'm not trying to start anything up again -- otherwise I would have replied to your latest PM. But to be fair, you did say this in your initial post:

It's no surprise that after reading those words, resurepus and others will try to explain why you may be incorrect in thinking that way.

Here's what I find holds true in most situations: Those who think others are bad or out to get them or whatever it may be, are usually wrong. There are very few people who actually go out of their way to be mean to others (most of them are probably in jail). The probability of running into one is low. The probability of running into an entire site of them is laughably low. In most cases, it's just a misunderstanding of other people's thought processes and cultural/social uniqueness, especially on the Internet.

So can we please leave it at that...(talking to everyone)? Because it's getting very tempting to just close this thread; its main topic has nothing to do with any of this.

Not a problem here, Alex. and I agree 100% with your statement "It's no surprise that after reading those words, resurepus and others will try to explain why you may be incorrect in thinking that way." But with this "Chung" guy, I did not take what he said out of context, nor did Nancy, so please do not try to defend his behavior by trying to make me think I read him wrong or"In most cases, it's just a misunderstanding of other people's thought processes and cultural/social uniqueness, especially on the Internet. "...I read him loud and clear. If you can not see that then there is a problem here. He is one of the "few people going out of their way to be arrogant"...
I would have left it alone along time ago, but Chung is provoking me to come back here and I am doing nothing but try to defend my character. Having to read his postings and see the thrashings against me certainly calls for defense, I am sure you can understand that. Half of all he says has no bearing or truth. Is that acceptable to DC?
I am not here to argue with you or anyone, but I do not appreciate the manner in the way Chung has continued to try and trash me or my creditability.. Accuse me of basically telling lies about my past and my experience, etc. When you choose your members, DC's stipulations are high (your prerogative) with certain things, yet I find it hard to believe "ethics" is not one of them. Are you proud, and is it acceptable to you and the other members how Chung has been carrying this on, and the defamation of my character?

I was willing to let this all alone, Nancy Carter can vouch for that, but when I get an automatic email and read what has just been said about me am I suppose to just let it lye? I have stated several times I would not be back and wanted to just let it all alone...I have no problem with that. I have been thrashed here enough to last me awhile and I really don't care to keep hearing it on and on and on. I think you need to be directing this to your DC member "Chung", the one who knows it all and I will bet my life that it was he who I spotted at the unnamed site. I can tell because his attitude speaks loudly.

Anyway...Please let me alone, I am asking all of DC to let it rest. I have had enough bashing from you all and I hope you all feel better that you have turned this all on me and not the real issue that was at hand...."NOT" my being declined either, you all just switched it to that and the fact you think I couldn't accept it, but I had, but continued to beat the hell out of me and try to make me feel like I was a worthless piece of crap that didn't know adam from eve. I hope you all feel better and are proud of that.

Anyway..Good Luck in your endeavors. Close the thread if you like....I don't care to hear another word of jibber jabber from Chung...Thank you.
Peace
karen

• Guests

Posted 07 August 2008 - 06:56 AM

Indeed I am closing the thread now. It doesn't have much to do with "DT Applicant Voting System" at least not anymore. If you guys want to continue discussing who is a mean person and who is a liar and a bad designer feel free to open a new thread in the Hangout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users