• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 krishdesigns

krishdesigns

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hello dear design contest, I would really like to inform you that, Every design contest should be a Blind contest, this will help us to get more creativity instead of copying Designs, Thank you.

#2 asanasa

asanasa

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

I don't think it is good idea. Balance need to be. If you see your design is copying you always can inform moderators.
By the way in blind contests moderators see all design, so blind contest is not such blind :cool:

#3 krishdesigns

krishdesigns

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:05 PM

@asanasa but since everybody is using others design elements in their designs, so my view is always a contest should be a blind one.

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:27 PM

The choice of contests being blind is up to the contestholder

Like us on facebook

#5 krishdesigns

krishdesigns

Banned

• Banned
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

hello dear sharie!

yes i know that but as i request every design contest should be a blind contest,
if we made the every contest as a blind our design contest will be a leader of the all other design contests sites,
I just shared my views only,Thank you.

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

krishdesigns some designers want blind so they can enter clipart in logo contest, clipart is not allowed in any contest even if it is blind

Like us on facebook

#7 Aizer

Aizer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:35 PM

And some times CH unblind contest to see designer what CH after.

#8 Aizer

Aizer

• Designer
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yes

#9 Zibanu

Zibanu

• Designer
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:37 PM

Blind contest is "quieter". But honestly, a CH will get better results in non-blind.
Are blind contest moderated? they should be!

#10 kidray

kidray

• Designer
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:14 PM

I was about to post bla bla blind, bla bla unblind but then I remember I saw this thread starter`s name mentioned couple times in designs court.
I`ve checked and yes he`s banned.
just low.

#11 LadeeArt

LadeeArt

• Designer
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Hello dear design contest, I would really like to inform you that, Every design contest should be a Blind contest, this will help us to get more creativity instead of copying Designs, Thank you.

I disagree, the point of the contest is for the individual or the company to get the best design possible for themselves, by viewing the other designers work, together with the brief noted one can exploit to try to better the designs more suited for the final graphic, these can be subtle or greater changes. C'est la vie!
peace'Ncreativity
diana

#12 vasantnavnit

vasantnavnit

• Designer
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

content removed content removed  content removed

#13 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:26 PM

The CH should select for open or blind contests. He is paying for it. There are other crowd source design sites that are all blind contests. If the CH is not articulate and does not give continuous feedback, design development immediately stagnates.

If the designers can see the likes and dislikes of the CH by viewing rejected designs, the contest can proceed in a collective correct direction even though the CH just rejects designs without comment. Viewing the rejects provides direction.

Some contest holders do not comment, they just reject designs they do not like. They may or may not bother to award points to designs they do like. If the CH operates in this style, the contest must be open to get ANY direction. That kind of CH may not bother awarding 2nd or 3rd place medals.

The open contest, of course, need much more moderation because of rampant rule braking by "designers". Such is the trade-off between modes.

SO, the success of a contest depends on how active and how clearly a CH can express directions.

I prefer open contests because most of the contest holders are novices at art direction and art purchasing. Seeing what they like and reject provides better direction than their comments.

just saying...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blind contest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users