&nsbp;

#1 artist786

artist786

Banned

• Banned
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

Hello everyone!
I'm new to the forums, and to graphic design as well.

I'm looking to start designing websites in my city and since I already know the programming, all I need is the graphic part.

Knowing the ammount of tutorials that are out there, it's a bit overwhelming for a newbie. So what I ask is just a few tips, books or tutorials for people like me.

What's the first thing I need to make web layouts, logos and what not.

Well, that's about it for now, hope to be more active around here, and thanks in advance for the help!

#2 ptu12

ptu12

• Designer
  • 238 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

Most of websites getting "BIGGER - HEAVIER" after a few years. Sometime, updating content becomes very discourage. You can think about the plan of your website. If one day your client say I don't like the layout please change. Oh My!!! if it is in html --> will be very difficult. Sometimes, we have to break them to the ground. WordPress is much better in this matter because themes are plugin rather that essential part. I think you should look at that ability of WordPress.

#3 Ondine

Ondine

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:02 AM

I'm also trying to teach myself web design, and I think I still have quite a ways to go before I'll feel confident. I'm also curious about what others say.

In case it helps, I've personally found lynda.com to be pretty helpful, but it's a paid subscription site. A great free resource is W3Schools Online Web Tutorials, and a book I've found useful for the planning/usability side of things is "Don't Make me Think: A Common Sense Approach to Web Usablity."

#4 adecordesign

adecordesign

Banned

• Banned
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:09 AM

Its not easy to learn web design (programing) with tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users