"Like" Other Designers' Work

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 CMurphy1005

CMurphy1005

• Designer
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:38 PM

It would be cool to be able to "like" submissions by other designers without going through social media. Sort of how we can like posts in the forum. If this were to be a feature, I think that it should NOT affect the contest results in any way (i.e. a "like" should not contribute to their submission rating).

I have seen some really great designs and want a quick and easy way to share the love! :D

Any thoughts?

#2 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 04:56 PM

I think it would be cool if there was a way to have a like button under each design on a designer's profile page, but not have it linked to social media or any open contest. Only after a contest has ended and a winner has been chosen, the 'like' buttons would be available, so you could let a another designer know you like their design.

#3 CMurphy1005

CMurphy1005

• Designer
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:38 PM

I never thought about it only being available after a contest is over.. It could get sticky having likes available during contests. Swaying design decisions and whatnot. I agree with your idea

#4 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:53 PM

I agree too - it would be a great feature. It should be only visible to designers though - it's a bit awkward to wait until it's finalised - i don't think it would sway designers any more than the rating system does so I can't see a problem there.

In the meantime we could start a forum thread in the "designers chat" where people can share the love! If one of you guys wanted to do that then that would be cool - it might be boring if a moderator starts it! :D

Edited by GJR, 02 May 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#5 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

It would also be cool if once a designer has 'liked' your design, it would notify you either by email, or when you log on, the little bell notification button in the upper right hand corner will let you know someone appreciates your design.

The idea could also be expanded. Maybe the most liked design of the month could be featured somehow on the home page of the site? That design could switch out each month to keep it fresh and new.

#6 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

Yeah - cool . Also Maybe have a designers choice award at the end of the year (or quarterly) - maybe with a prize from some of the community contest fund or a gold medal......

#7 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:30 PM

Oh wow - I like that idea! Let's make it happen! :)

#8 CMurphy1005

CMurphy1005

• Designer
  • 215 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

Yes please! :)
In the meantime, I would love to start that thread for liked designs. I will do that now!

#9 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:35 PM

This was suggested a little while ago but I didn't want to start this or have a moderator, I felt it best if a designer started this themselves, Sometimes threads started by admin or moderators can be ignored plus just a plain good idea to have a designer start an appreciation or kudos thread : )

Like us on facebook

#10 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:36 PM

@Sharie~ CMurphy started the kudos thread. :) I know it has come up a few times as a suggestion. What are your thoughts on the new 'like' button idea (and the chances of getting it implemented where it is not linked to social media)? It would be for DC designers only.

#11 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 11:48 PM

I think it is being talked about : )

Like us on facebook

#12 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 12:04 AM

I think it would be a very popular feature. Especially if there was a way to feature the top-liked design in some way or even with a gold medal (if the design wasn't a medal winner already), or some monetary value would be great too! :)

#13 CMurphy1005

CMurphy1005

• Designer
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 May 2014 - 01:48 AM

So glad you all agree - I think it would bring us together as a design community while still keeping a little friendly competition going!

#14 Seanmccall14

Seanmccall14

• Designer
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 May 2014 - 03:51 AM

Really like this idea, sort of like the dribbble system

#15 designsinoc

designsinoc

• Designer
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

What if designers could also comment on each others work? I would appreciate the opportunity to leave a few nice words when I see exceptional work, I learn a lot from it.

#16 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:35 PM

What if designers could also comment on each others work? I would appreciate the opportunity to leave a few nice words when I see exceptional work, I learn a lot from it.

Good idea - I like it!

#17 CMurphy1005

CMurphy1005

• Designer
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:43 PM

I would just be a little wary of people abusing this feature, but I agree that it could be really valuable too!

#18 brittjones

brittjones

• Designer
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:09 AM

I'm new here. Just joined yesterday. I was looking around for quite a while how to "like" another designer's work. I think it would be a great feature!

#19 zoksibg

zoksibg

• Designer
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:23 AM

It is rely great when you see an awesome design and have an opportunity to like it. In that way. I think, you actually support and motivate designer to continue a great work :)

#20 MitchellHepburn

MitchellHepburn

• Designer
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:51 AM

Would certainly be a cool way to get a general overview of the quality of your work (especially seeing as all CH are biased towards a certain vision they have for their design).
Like the idea! Would be a cool way to build and progress on skills.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users