Silver Medal - Error

• Please log in to reply
&nsbp;

#1 sikdesigns

sikdesigns

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 01:51 PM

I recently won a silver medal and I received an email stating I won the contest and to upload the source files. When I visit the contest page the upload source files button is active. This has never happened to me and I assume this is an error. Thought I should let DC know. Thanks

#2 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:20 PM

HI there

What is this contest...this link and was this a 3 prize winner contest?

Like us on facebook

#3 sikdesigns

sikdesigns

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 04:34 PM

Hi Sharie, this is for the Electric Tattoo Parlor. Looks like graphman has had issues in this contest as well. Link is below and I am not sure if it is a 3 prize winner contest. How would I know?

https://www.designco...c-tattoo-parlor

Thanks

#4 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

This is a 3prize winner
It looks like this contest is now waiting on the bronze winner to upload. Has the ch left any change requests for you?

Like us on facebook

#5 sikdesigns

sikdesigns

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:09 PM

Hi sharie, thanks for your help. I got it taken care of. Well kind of. I have uploaded the wrong files and the CH has finalized. How can I edit the final upload?

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:22 PM

If you need to upload again then click on upload you will see the delete "garbage can option to remove the wrong files and then upload the new files, remember to sign the agreement form again
: )

Like us on facebook

#7 sikdesigns

sikdesigns

• Designer
  • 144 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:25 PM

Yes, I have used that before, but once the CH signs the agreement and prize money is transferred, that option is no longer there.

#8 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 09:35 PM

email me the files and I will send them on to the contestholder [email protected]

Like us on facebook

#9 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

Sharie,
does it mean then that designer is selling his work to the CH?

#10 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21752 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:29 PM

Yes on a 3 prize winner contest all 3 sell their works to the ch

Like us on facebook

#11 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

Do you know what was the prize here for 3 winners? I am wondering if it is less than a $99.

#12 Iridith

Iridith

• Designer
  • 1236 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 05:33 PM

I'm not 100% sure, but if I remember correctly the designer that got bronze medal here sold his logo for $59, the silver one was more than $100. A bit of a shame those multi-prize contest aren't what I (and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one) thought they are. Well, I'm just gonna stay away from those (unless the minimum I can get for my design is $200) :)

Cheers,
Iridith

#13 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:49 PM

I like that there is now an option for contests for a gold, silver and bronze prize split. However, it could make it tricky for designers who like to recycle their silver or bronze designs. If you sell your silver or bronze design, you will not be able to reuse or recycle those designs, obviously.

Hope it doesn't cause confusion for any CH checking out a designer's portfolio and looking at silver and bronze designs that didn't have a prize split if a designer recycles those designs for another contest. A CH might think the designer is trying to resell the logo??

#14 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:51 PM

Do you know what was the prize here for 3 winners? I am wondering if it is less than a $99.

Wasn't there an option before where the CH could purchase any of the designs from their contest for $99.00 after they had chosen their gold winner?

#15 GJR

GJR

• Designer
  • 2637 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 01:28 PM

Urgh.. Why should designers want to sell their works for such small amounts when they have to make the source files?. Also why does CH want 3 logo's for example? Moreover how does the CH know if they want 3 logos or not until they have seen the logos? A simpler participation payment seemed to be what was suggested previously - The benefit to the CH being more participants! Participation payments would attract me, this offering does the opposite!
  • Vennie0205 likes this

#16 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:52 PM

Wasn't there an option before where the CH could purchase any of the designs from their contest for $99.00 after they had chosen their gold winner?

Yeah the CH had that option, and still does I think...? I always thought the $99 suggestion was way too low — it should at least be the $223 minimum because it's not just the design and our time we're giving them, but also the rights to use it unconditionally

#17 HappyGD

HappyGD

• Designer
  • 2731 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:58 PM

Urgh.. Why should designers want to sell their works for such small amounts when they have to make the source files?. Also why does CH want 3 logo's for example? Moreover how does the CH know if they want 3 logos or not until they have seen the logos? A simpler participation payment seemed to be what was suggested previously - The benefit to the CH being more participants! Participation payments would attract me, this offering does the opposite!

The 3 logos part may be because some (or many in my opinion) of these CHs are not the end user, but are actually marketers who play the role of the middle man for the actual client. These CHs probably want hi-res designs to show their clients in a presentation or something like that. That's just what I think anyways..

#18 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36474 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:08 PM

$59?!
If so, selling the LOGO for that price is completely ridiculous. That shouldn't be an option at all. Degrading for designer's work.
I would say $99 dollars would be fair start to buy a bronze logo (since out logo from portfolio are the same prize).
I honestly thought it is a symbolic participation prize.

Edited by Babba, 10 November 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#19 PaintedPony

PaintedPony

Guru

• Designer
  • 1376 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 07:14 PM

I thought the prize split would be that the gold winner would receive largest amount and provide source files and the silver and gold would receive a token amount (participation prize) for being 2nd and 3rd, but silver and bronze would not be selling their logo or providing source files.

#20 daniela89

daniela89

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:41 PM

Hi all,

I won silver medal as well, but when I try to upload in one-on-one offer, there is an error - "no contest found"

please help.

the contest is : https://www.designco...-the-blindspot/

one-on-one is : https://www.designco...-the-blindspot/

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users