&nsbp;

#1 karj

karj

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:51 PM

Hi!

I'm here to spread the word about Design Can Change.

Over the past couple of years, our studio has made efforts to become more environmentally conscious, but found it difficult, in part due to the limited resources available to graphic designers.

Design Can Change is our effort to bring designers together to address climate change and advocate sustainability. After ten months of research and hard work, we have launched the website. It works on the premise that designers are a critical hub for business, industry and the public; therefore, we have the ability and responsibility to lobby, inform, and subsequently enable positive change, by working together.

The site: http://www.designcanchange.org
Read more on our blog: http://www.ideasonid...sign-can-change

Please help us spread the word--this initiative is building momentum, and we believe it can make positive change. :-)

All the best,

Eric

#2 Neupix

Neupix

Design Team Member

• Designer
  • 1146 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 12:19 AM

Eric,

This site looks great! I absolutely love the idea, and I have signed the pledge. It definitely made me wonder about changes that we as designers can make.

I do have a couple of questions/concerns though:
1) When signing the pledge I didn't fully feel comfortable giving away my personal information without knowing how it's going to be used. For example, I am a freelance designer working out of my home, and I would rather not have my mailing address to be publicly available through the future directory.

2) Is there going to be a section where I can download the Design Can Change logo? I would like to incorporate it into my website, and link to designcanchange.org. edit: Oops. I just noticed the downloads section.

Thanks!
John
Neupix Media | Nip Napp! < iPhone App Reviews and News | Citrik Acid

#3 karj

karj

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:29 PM

Hi John,

I'm happy to hear that you liked the site and found it useful. We're really excited about the potential we have as a community to do something good.

I can understand your concerns about being in the directory. We will be adding a function for this part of the site which allows pledge takers to opt-out of the directory. (This was an oversight on our part, as we hadn't anticipated people choosing to take the pledge but not be listed in the directory.)

It will be a short while before we can make this change; however, in the meanwhile, if you'd still like opt-out of the directory, just send an email containing your full name to me at: [email protected] -- I can ensure that this change is made to your pledge submission.

Thanks again for the support--and please help spread the word. :-)

Cheers,

Eric
Personal: www.erickarjaluoto.com
Firm: www.smashlab.com
Blog: www.ideasonideas.com
Now live: www.designcanchange.com

#4 Alneo

Alneo

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:06 AM

This is great cause, and I am very happy to be a part of it. Thank you.

#5 ***Keri***

***Keri***

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:15 AM

Serving the community is a great cause! I like when people care contribute to the world they live in - after all, if it collapses, we wouldn't survive either, whatever we do.

Web designers and other web communities have enough authority and techniques to induce change! Thanks for doing this!

#6 swissdesign

swissdesign

• Designer
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

Great message - fantastic site!

#7 acve

acve

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 05:32 AM

I've been searching for some of the information you've provided at designcanchange.org for a long time, thank you Eric.
The Sustainable Design Checklist is a great idea.
What do you think about translating the site to other languages? I can help translating it to Spanish.

Caro.-

#8 snugbrimm

snugbrimm

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:39 PM

i signed up

#9 VonGizzle

VonGizzle

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:28 PM

I'm in.

#10 external_eye

external_eye

Banned

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 12:09 AM

For translating idea ,i give a point to. I'm live in country with lot of good designers working here and not so, but not each of them know english, but german , french.
Anyway idea is not alone, its cause for every living person..

#11 monja2009

monja2009

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:06 PM

Thanks Karj, I'll share it centainly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users