• This topic is locked This topic is locked
&nsbp;

#1 sangkavr

sangkavr

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:44 AM

Hi. I see that many guaranteed contests just end as expired without any price distribution, so what's the difference between guaranteed and not guaranteed contests if they just end at the same way?
  • tachetasara, datwooddiscount and ndiscountwomen like this

#2 sangkavr

sangkavr

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

Any answer? I asked to support too and no answer.

• tachetasara, datwooddiscount, ndiscountwomen and 1 other like this

#3 hidden eye

hidden eye

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:06 AM

hi there,

i think, in guaranteed contest thats already expired will go to the voting poll,and the designers will decide if who gonna win the contest, and for the not guaranteed contest, the prize will be distibuted to the top designers in that contest..

just correct me guys if i'm wrong.. thank you!

#4 sangkavr

sangkavr

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:08 AM

Thanks for your reply. Actually after expiration I used to withdraw my entries cause I never saw a poll or a distribution.

#5 hidden eye

hidden eye

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:35 AM

the expired contest will be post here in the forum,. if the voting is complete then another expired contest will be put in the voting poll, that's why the admin ask the designers to vote for the expired contest so that it's easy for them to decide, co'z if there's only few votes the voting poll will run for a couple of weeks waiting for the other designers to vote, that's why some of the expired contest not yet in the voting poll because they must complete first what's already been running..

• sangkavr, tachetasara, datwooddiscount and 1 other like this

#6 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 03:49 AM

This has been answered many, many times, 

I will post it one more time, next time search the  posts you will find the answer

Abandoned contests 

1. guaranteed winner,  this goes to designers to vote on winner in designer chat

2. non guaranteed winner the prize is split with highest rated designers in the contest, each to receive  45 dollars until prize is used up, if no rated entries then the prize goes to a  community contest where we have  3 paid winners

About a community contest, in the next  3 weeks or so we will be running a  major, exciting community contest....keep your eyes open  :)

Like us on facebook

#7 sangkavr

sangkavr

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:39 PM

Sorry, I'd have another question.
Why in a contest with a selected winner the system suggests me to don't withdraw my design because "Client added your design to voting"?

Contest is closed and winner has been selected, maybe I missed something?

#8 hidden eye

hidden eye

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:11 AM

you don't need to withdraw your entry because maybe there's a chance for you to win the contest through voting, so no matter how long the contest has been expired don't withdraw your entry.. unless you think that you don't have a chance..

maybe the client like you design and he/she wants to buy..

• tachetasara and datwooddiscount like this

#9 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36594 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:36 AM

If the contest has selected the winner, voting is finished then. You can withdraw your work. It is really up to you.

If you can reuse design, then withdraw it, or if you feel someone else can copy it. But... if you do not have any worries then leave it there, because any client may like it and buy it from you. 

#10 sangkavr

sangkavr

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 12:27 AM

This has been answered many, many times, 

I will post it one more time, next time search the  posts you will find the answer

Abandoned contests 

1. guaranteed winner,  this goes to designers to vote on winner in designer chat

2. non guaranteed winner the prize is split with highest rated designers in the contest, each to receive  45 dollars until prize is used up, if no rated entries then the prize goes to a  community contest where we have  3 paid winners

About a community contest, in the next  3 weeks or so we will be running a  major, exciting community contest....keep your eyes open   :)

Sorry, I'd like to know how to ask for a vote in designer chat.

#11 Babba

Babba

Lead Moderator

• Designer
  • 36594 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:02 PM

Sorry, I'd like to know how to ask for a vote in designer chat.

Designers can not ask other designers for a vote on contests. They can not create such poll.

DC admins are the only one to know what and when contest is abandoned, and they can put such on vote poll for designers.

Those polls can be found in this thread as you may know: https://www.designco...designers-chat/

Right now, there are 4 open polls, so please go ahead and vote, if you already haven't. 

• sharie likes this

#12 sangkavr

sangkavr

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:08 AM

I really don't understand this procedure. At this way some contest will stay expired for months. I've seen a lot of sites where the prize of a guaranteed contest is distributed after a defined time limit. I don't understand this "human" procedure. Is it a choice or a website system limit?

I just wanted to know what I have to do with my designs in those abandoned contests, if there is no hope to see the end of the contest I can withdraw them cause I'm talking about designs uploaded in August.

#13 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:21 AM

sangkavr I have explained this  any times.

Abandoned guaranteed contests go to designers to vote on the winner of the prize. It is that simple. All abandoned contests up for vote can be found in  designers chat forum   https://www.designco...designers-chat/  

As Babba said there are 4 there right now that need designers to vote

Go and vote, The more designers that vote, the sooner these are cleared, I then put up another batch  of abandoned contests to vote on.  This procedure works great, there is no reason to change this.  Why would you want to receive maybe  1 dollar instead of the whole prize?  We are not other contests sites, this is how we take care of abandoned contests here.

Go and vote

Like us on facebook

#14 sangkavr

sangkavr

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:35 AM

I didn't want to offend, so I don't like that "go and vote". Don't be rough please, cause it don't remember I used that tone with you.

Further now you're talking about contests expired months and months ago, if we consider that the largest part of contest end without a winner (so expired, over all the contests I joined I remember 4-5 contests with a winner) sorry but it doesn't seem the best way, but there's no reason to consider it an offence.

Thanks for your answer and for your help.

#15 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:52 AM

Go vote is not offensive, geez,  nor is it rough.   The point is.... go and vote, the sooner we get designers to vote the sooner we have a clear winner, the sooner we will have new batch of contests to vote on, so it is  just a simple general comment   go and vote. You can take the time to post in this thread but not go to the voting?  

how is this

Please go and vote on the entry you think should win the abandoned guaranteed winner contest

Like us on facebook

#16 HerbertNordal

HerbertNordal

Junior Guru

• Designer
  • 3433 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 02:57 AM

sangkavr

The voting contests that come up in "Designers Chat" for abandoned guaranteed designs are at the discretion of the administrator, sharie.

She posts the voting for expired contests as earlier contests are cleared.

Be patient. Your schedule may not be actual order of abandonment.

The abandon contests elections, for the contests you are interested in, will be posted in order in time.

The best thing you can do to accelerate the posting is vote on the open contests needing votes to close them.

The more you vote earnestly, the quicker the backlog will turn over.

That is your only option to speed up the process.

Your vote will count.

#17 sharie

sharie

Admin

• Administrators
  • 21753 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:46 PM

Herbert, it is exactly as I was saying.... some will complain about anything and everything  just as with this... complain about how  abandoned contests are taken care but never take the time to go and vote, just as in this case...this designer can take the time to write in these thread but not take two minutes at most to go and vote. I don't get it

Also why in the world would any designer want the prize amount split with all designers when they have a chance to win the whole prize.  I have researched other sites about  abandoned contests. Designcontest is the most fair site out there when it comes to these contests

Like us on facebook

#18 sangkavr

sangkavr

Apprentice Designer

• Designer
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:51 AM

I still have problem understanding your point of view.

If "The voting contests that come up in "Designers Chat" for abandoned guaranteed designs are at the discretion of the administrator, sharie." then there is no diference between guaranteed and not guaranteed contest.

Anyway now I have problem with a contest finalization, there is no way to understand if ch downloaded the files and there is no time limit for automatic releasement of the price but I prefer to don't ask anything about it. In previous posts I just wanted to suggest some improvements that I saw on other sites and I got a "We are not other contests sites, this is how we take care of abandoned contests here.". You're welcome :-)

#19 morabira

morabira

• Designer
  • 1008 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:00 PM

Just type the company name or use an overused concept and post it as an entry in a guaranteed contest. Wait for the contest get abandoned and receives the prize distribution money for that entry. I don't think that is a fair system at all on other contest site.
The best design should get the prize, through designer's vote or client's choice. This sounds fair.
So, each of us need to 'strive for success' and improving.

Sangkavr, every guaranteed contest at DC will surely have a winner. If a guaranteed contest is abandoned, Sharie will open a voting thread for it after it has expired for certain time. Only Sharie can open the voting thread. That is what Herbert meant by "dicretion of the administrator".

If you've problem with finalization, you need to remind the CH. If still no respond, you need to contact DC support after 7 days you uploaded the final files. That is what I always do.
  • Babba likes this

#20 Susan

Susan

• Designer
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 09:45 PM

I'm trying to find answer in other comments, but I'm still a bit confused.

So, if the contest expires and contest holder didn't choose a winner yet, he can't do it anymore after expiration? And then designers from the contest will vote for each other to choose the winner?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users